"Extreme Gamers" Spend 48 Hours a Week Playing Videogames

whycantibelinus

Sep 29, 2009
Le Tueur said:
While it isn't every week, right now I've been pretty much gaming nonstop. Does this mean I should get a leather jacket with "four percenter" on the back?
Hell yeah it does! Then you can start cooking up meth and claim that you're just a legitimate businessman, then you can run security for a Rolling Stones reunion tour and end up knifing a bunch of the crowd who "tried to rush the stage."

Oh damn that'll be awesome, count me in.

Big_H

Mar 23, 2009
I'd like to see a study on TV watching. I know plenty of people who get home from work, crack open a beer, and sit in front of the TV until they go to bed.

xdgt

Apr 27, 2010
Goth Skunk said:
48 hours on average a week, eh? That is definitely disturbing. I game pretty much every moment of free time I have, but between sleep and work, I can only muster up maybe 24-28 hours per week. Unless I'm on staycation, then I easily fall into that category.

xdgt said:
What are you talking about? 8 hours work, 8 hours of sleep - that leaves 8 more hours each day to play video games 8*7 = 56 and that if you don't count weekends which are 30 more hours where you dont sleep or work... 48hours a week is easy. And some poeple play WoW in the work place so 16 hours of gameplay a day...16*7 = 112.
xdgt, it's not that simple. If the day is broken down from 24 hours, assuming 8 hours sleep and 8 hours of work, indeed you are left with 8 hours in the day, but consider the following:

You need to eat.
You need to prepare meals.
You need to commute to work.
You need to commute from work.
You need to take care of a few mundane chores everyday when you get home, whether it's laundry, vacuuming, doing dishes, interacting with your pets, etc. Little bits of time here and there that could EASILY eat up 3 or 4 hours once all added up.
Not if done right. Don't know about everybody else but i can put all those in 2-3 hours (unless i have some plans). Eating is basically grabbing something from the fridge, preparing a meal consists of microwaving it. Most chores are done on a weekly basis rather than daily and most are automatic - load up the laundry and go away playing for hour and a half. And as i said weekends are huge amount of time to play.

The Infinite

Mar 30, 2009
I easily do that much, but only because I took a gap year and it's an easy way to pass the time.. That or The Escapist. I spend a crapload of time here.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
I think there were times I gamed more than 8 hours a day... way back then... when life was easy.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I think I might be close to those nuimbers but I dont think its extreme...Normal, actually

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
I spend around 50 hours altogether. Its not my fault i get out of work really early and have nothing to do for the rest of the day!

[sub]*Giggles*[/sub]

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
They probably don't have full time jobs. I don't, and I could probably clock that in WoW alone easily.

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
*raises hand guiltily* 42 hours here. Though...that's what weekends are for...right?

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
They arnt extreme there EXTREEEEMEEEE!

Yeah, I have a week holiday, I might be able to do this because my PS2 is working.

Damn Persona 4, stealing my soul till I complete it >.>...

glimmrang

Apr 15, 2009
Yea 48 hours is extreme RIGHT, I go over the 72 hour limit easy in a week, and still have time for life.