Facebook Buys The Escapist for $90 Million - Update

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
Good one, Escapist staff! You had up until "the Rolling Stone" of game journalism and I nearly spit my tea all over the monitor. My monocle did pop though. Good show!

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Kenjitsuka said:
Wow, on April's Fools day... how lame.
Really guys, just don't try if you're just not gonna make up something actually worth a chuckle. :(
April Fools Day has become so popular and routine these days that there's no surprise involved at all. Nobody believes anything that anybody says on April Fools Day, which defeats the purpose.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
No way, I was considering posting this exact topic as an April Fools when I was at work today and then come home to find I was beaten to it by the staff themselves, great minds think alike eh? Good on you, hope a few head's spun when they read this XD

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
Oh you motherfuckers, You actually had me going for a moment for a while there...
Seriously, I was depressed as fuck about this site becoming Facebook: Gaming.

Saetha

Jan 19, 2014
Wait, what?

Wait, WHAT?

Oh, right April Fool's. Damn, it gets me every time. Well, gotta admit, I had a nice laugh over the sheer absurdity of this, when I saw the article posted.

erbi79

Apr 21, 2013
Love it ^^ my favorite parts were the:
"Mr. Sterling will be transitioning from the company in May."
"Mr. Chipman will be transitioning from the company in May."
etc.
jokes :)

themilo504

May 9, 2010
When I saw the title I actually believed it until I realized what day it was, you managed to win this time but next year I shall have my revenge.

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
April Fools jokes are only good if you're going to fully commit to them, esccapist.

Come on! Where are the intrusive adds, the popups, the autoplaying... ads... the... uh... ummmmmm.... shoddy videoplayer?

Well, this is awkward.

EDIT: Hey, at least you don't require us to sign in exclusively through our facebook accounts yet. Yet.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
:D HA! For a second it got me, then I thought, and then I laughed. Well done. Good timing what with the recent changes. Though, it would have been better if ya waited to change today.
TopazFusion said:
Does this mean I get a pay rise? AWW YIS!
:D You get paid?

Mossberg Shotty

Jan 12, 2013
I guess I'm more gullible than most here, because I almost had a fucking heart attack. Granted, I never pay any attention to the dates.

They totally had me up until I checked the comments and found out that I'm the slow one of the group.

M920CAIN

May 24, 2011
I'm not laughing. No one here is dumb enough to believe it. Should've tried harder to fool the audience.