Fallout 4 rumored to be Xbox One exclusive

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
No. That would imply Bethesda (Assuming Fallout 4 will be made by Bethesda. Assuming Fallout 4 is coming out, since there has been no confirmation by anyone aside from rumours and implications) would have signed an 'exclusivity contract' with Microsoft. Which they would never do, since all their games sell better on the PC than any other platform (For obvious reasons). I could somewhat believe if it was rumoured that they might forgo a new Fallout game on a PlayStation, since those always seemed riddled with glitches at first, but going just to the Xbone and leave out their main selling market? No.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
direkiller said:
J Tyran said:
Well that's fucked that if its true, looks like no Halo or Fallout for me next gen. Bethesda have been cuddling up to Microsoft already with the Skyrim DLCs, damn what if the next Elder Scrolls is Xbone exclusive too? I am gonna have nightmares.
I have a feeling the next Elder Scrolls is a PC exclusive
mainly because it is hard to imagine a MMO on a Console.
If they do this the ME3 rage will look pitiful compared to the shit storm this would cause.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
This seems more like a troll rumor than an actual rumor, even if it was true it woudln't make sense to keep it exclusive as they sell well on all platforms so it'd likely be 'bought' for a year on Xbox then migrate...let 'em have Fallout launch day, they can feel out the bugs for the rest of us that are smart enough to avoid Xbone.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Considering the now similar the software and hardware architecture is between the Xbone and PC even just a timed exclusive would be big banner to pirates saying "PLEASE CRACK ME FOR PC!"

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
Bethesda has never done that before with one of their major franchise titles, I don't see a reason why they'd start now unless Microsoft promised them a mountain of money regardless of the sales of the game.

afroebob

Oct 1, 2011
In all seriousness, their is literally probably less than a 1% chance this will happen... yet still I am nervous as Hell anyways.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Don Incognito said:
I don't want to say I'd overreact, but if this turned out to be true, I would burn everything.

Everything.
That is just not possible. It'll take a group effort.

I'm in.

ChrisCarTheMarauder

May 3, 2013
That sounds like absolute bullshit.

Regardless of the fact Bethesda can't develop for the PS3 to save their lives, millions still bought Skyrim, FO3, NV, and they can't just throw that away. ESPECIALLY with the significant number of people who will be jumping ship from Microsoft to Sony.

Then again, Todd Howard is a complete moron so anything is possible.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
I giggle every time I saw it referred to as the XBone, because its apt.

I just picture an Xbox with kinect/RROD for eyes above crossed bones, the symbol of poison, which is exactly what they are doing to themselves from all appearances.

I can't even remember the last time literally EVERY site/blog/and YT personality I frequent (and many more I don't) have agreed so unanimously and VEHEMENTLY about something.

In this case how terrible the XBone is going to be for the industry.

To those brave few that are buying up all that rapidly devaluing MS stock, I hope it works out for you.

layden radeen

Apr 13, 2012
if 4 is xbox one only than it may become like infamous 3 for the ps4 one reason to buy it that came out of they needed something other than social app to push the system

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Treeinthewoods said:
I could see them not releasing it on the PS4 if it's going to have problems similar to Skyrim on the PS3 but I'm still going to call bullshit until I see it from somewhere official.
PS4 and XBone use slightly modified PC parts, basically their just a desktop with modified OS's. They both have the same amount of RAM (8GB) however the PS4 has faster ram and the XBone uses 3GB on the Kinnect, DRM etc crap. So basically the PS4 is easy to port to and has more power than the XBone, so no issue there.

OT: Yeah not going to happen, timed exclusive maybe if their dumb, but not exclusive for FO4. I could see maybe an offshoot series perhaps but even that would be stupid, the 360 didn't make huge sales compared to the other platforms and if their watching the forums they will very quickly see the XBone will do far less.

Slaanesh

Aug 1, 2011
Don Incognito said:
I don't want to say I'd overreact, but if this turned out to be true, I would burn everything.

Everything.
After you burn everything, I will burn it all again.
And again.
And again.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
I don't doubt that Bethesda signed something with Microsoft. It's not outside the realm of possibility that they'll be making an Xbone exclusive title... but there's no way they're stupid enough to make that title either one of their flagship products.

Remember, Bethesda Game Studios also developed racing games this generation, and Bethesda Softworks published everything from Star Trek shooters to an iPhone bowling game.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Thoughtful_Salt said:
Well damn, I guess I have to get an xbone then. Oh well. It's not like I have a pc anyways, just a 360 and a mac.
Ahem

PC means Personal Computer. Is this Mac your Mac? Yes? You have a PC. Furthermore you can run windows on it natively with bootcamp. I can walk you through it if you want.

Koshok

Jan 22, 2011
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it confirmed that Fallout 4 would be using the Creation engine? The game engine specifically designed for modding?
It would be corporate suicide to not release the next Fallout on PC. I'm calling bullshit on it being an Xbone exclusive. Even a timed exclusive is unlikely, though possible.

KungFuJazzHands

Mar 31, 2013
I'm going to err on the side of sanity here and say this rumor is complete bullshit, but anything is possible. Bethesda are pretty chummy with Microsoft to begin with, and given the precedent way other AAA publishers have treated PC gamers over the last few years (Capcom and their console ports, Rockstar and their ever-increasing dismissal of the PC as a viable platform, etc. etc.), I wouldn't put it past Bethesda to pull something like this.

Bethesda have been increasingly consolizing their entire business model ever since Oblivion, and going Xboner-exclusive would just be another step in that direction.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Color me doubtful that this is true. Bethesda has always seemed to value platform independence in the past, and absorbing id doesn't seem to have made that any less true. I don't know what Microsoft could offer to them to make such a huge change worth their while. They aren't a pre-Halo Bungie, struggling to get their footing in a changing world; they've created some of the most successful games on the market with (relatively speaking) one of the smallest teams.

Bethesda has every reason to ride out the next generation and see who comes out ahead; chaining themselves to Microsoft would be like tying their leg to an anchor just when they're flying high.

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
It would be foolish on Bethesda's part to put their eggs in one basket. No one knows at this point which is going to be the top leader in the console wars this generation. Yes Sales on the 360 usually topped the PS3 but with the public backlash thus far on Microsoft's focus on a media center then a gaming system, some may take up the PS4 instead. Not to mention the Fallout Series has always had a loyal strong following on the PC with modding communities still finding ways to change the game around. Of all the games to stray away from being exclusive to a console, would be the main Fallout Series. If they had a spin off maybe, but defiantly not FO4

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
If it is true then I guess I am not playing fallout 4. Shame, but I can live with it.