Fallout 4 rumored to be Xbox One exclusive

Kefo

May 19, 2010
Even if true(which I doubt since not even Bethesda is that stupid) I still wouldn't get a Xbone. 360 was crap and I see no reason why Microsoft wont continue the tradition(I'm looking at you potentially burning down people's houses, destroying discs if you sneezed at it and red ringing cause it wants to)

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Thoughtful_Salt said:
Evil Smurf said:
Thoughtful_Salt said:
Well damn, I guess I have to get an xbone then. Oh well. It's not like I have a pc anyways, just a 360 and a mac.
Ahem

PC means Personal Computer. Is this Mac your Mac? Yes? You have a PC. Furthermore you can run windows on it natively with bootcamp. I can walk you through it if you want.
There's still a difference in terms of games available and hardware optimization. I use my mac to run music and video editing programs, so no thanks. I would like a how-to on wineskin however.
Umm, a Mac is just an i7 laptop (assuming its macbook) with their custom OS on it, the few I've seen open have ASUS motherboards. There's nothing unique about a mac hardware wise, thus you can have Windows and OSX running on it. OSX for general computing and Windows for gaming. Unless it's a really old one.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Terminate421 said:
http://www.examiner.com/article/fallout-4-xbox-one-exclusive-rumor-details-revealed?fb_comment_id=fbc_522456414458106_5359678_522988617738219#f322fa38b4

I call bullshit on this one but I am also nervous if this is true, part of the reason I was comfortable being able to not pick up an Xbox One is knowledge that Fallout would still be available on PC.

(I would miss Halo so dearly)

Still, just a rumor. Wait till E3.

It wouldn't make sense from both a traditional or business perspective, DLC coming out first I can understand, the game itself?

You do realise the images with that link are all from New Vegas. lol. An form reading all the comments below, everyone is reacting to the title of your thread and not even clicked the link.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
Well, looks like that's one game nobody's gonna get to play.

Wouldn't get it as a console version anyway, since I won't play it without mods.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Requia said:
Console exclusive maybe, but there's no way in hell it won't be on PC.
This.

Considering that Bethesda games seem to have a fairly strong modding community on the PC which extend the lifetime of their games more than their own DLC, I doubt they would go totally exclusive to the Xbone. Even if they gave the finger to Team Sony they would still put it on Steam. Unless they are really dumb. And smelly poo poo heads.

It also seems like total rumourationing at this point so it's likely to be nonsense.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Fallout games nowadays are multi-platform and Bethesda can afford it. Since there's no actual reason to limit themselves, they won't. They stand to gain more from current practices.

Kennian

Apr 20, 2009
There is no way on gods green earth that they're going to make it a console exclusive..TIMED exclusive for the DLC is very likely. Even microsoft dosnt have the kind of money to make up for 6 million sales.

Aug 31, 2012
Riiiight.

Some fucker on a NeoGaf forum claiming "Patrick from GiantBomb claimed that he heard Fallout 4 will be in the lineup as an exclusive deal between Bethesda and Microsoft".

That's about as flimsy a pretext to write an article on anything that I've ever seen. And I saw a copy of The Sun once.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
i can almost guarantee that it wont be an actual exclusive and will atleast be available on the the PC. while i cant quote any statistics i wouldnt be surprised to find the pc market to be the largest marjet for Bethesda's main games

Bonecrusher

Nov 20, 2009
Chris Tian said:
As far as I'm aware, a good chunk of Bethesdas fanbase is on PC, because of the absolutly awesome modding community.
Bethesda is an American company, therefore they only see Xbox's trend inside US borders. They jumped on Xbox bandwagon for Oblivion and Skyrim, and they will probably jump on Xbox One too.

I hate Oblivion and Skyrim. Sure, Skyrim is a bit better than Oblivion, its an improvement in the series after Oblivion, but it is still close to Oblivion level. They had terrible terrible mistakes on these games. Sadly, Mainstream gaming media automatically gives 10/10s to AAA games. Oblivion and Skyrim earned lots of 10s from such sites, and they will neglect every other criticism.

Bethesda was a PC-based company. We all loved Arena, Daggerfall, Redguard and Morrowind. Battlespire was a very meh game. Now Bethesda turned their back on their original PC community, and focuses on Xbox 360's Halo/Gears Of War/NFL community. This makes their game less Daggerfall/Morrowind and more Battlespire. Even the Skyrim's graphics on PC was terrible, due to being a direct port from Xbox 360 version. They had to create a "high resolution pack" just to tweak emulated port a little bit more.

Don't get me wrong (some xbox users will). I don't expect them to develop their games just and only just for Windows PCs. However I want them to be royal to their old community and focus primarily on PC.
But I am sure they will never do that. As I mentioned, Xbox become the main trend in America, and most of the American companies love guaranteed sales inside of their country's border.

Therefore I expect the new Fallout or TES game made a Xbox exclusive.

Mauler

Jul 11, 2012
I soo hate the "exclusive titles" ... So whats next Xbox F and Xbox M for females and males which hawe an exclusive titles either so they could promote theire failed consoles whith titles whith games they "expect" the gamers would buy because some bigwig douches think that we are just moneybags who are... yeah that would suck if Fallout 4 would be Xbox no-one exclusive...

Azwrath

Feb 23, 2012
Timed excusive at best. Bethesda has no connection with Microsoft and their games, mainly the Fallout and Elder Scrolls series, enjoy a lot of succes on PC because they can be modded. I mean there is still DLC coming out for NV. Player made DLC but it has the same quality or is even better then the ones released by Obsidian.

Bethesda has alot of other games that are not as successful on PC and the exclusivity rumor, if true, could point to any of them.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
I've had enough "rumors" to last me clear into the middle of 2014. Therefore, no reaction or emotion whatsoever, Bethesda din;t say anything.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
Andy Shandy said:
But then what do Bethesda have to gain from making it exclusive? Surely they would make tonnes more money putting it on all the platforms possible.
and thats why i'm calling bullshit. both PC and PS3 versions sold well, and while their pc releases are always buggy, they always exist. i really doubt they would shaft the other two, losing them a lot of respect AND a lot of money in the process.

that being said, a timed exclusive (for DLC, possibly the game itself) isn't a far stretch at all, and sounds a lot more likely

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Ha! Yeah, okay then. Xbone exclusive is most certainly not what it's going to be. There's absolutely no benefit to it being an exclusive, all previous gens of the game have performed incredibly well on all platforms, PC in particular with the presence of modding.
At least now I know that I can ignore The Examiner if they feel it necessary to make news posts about a rumour that came from Neogaf and the images that are supposed to support this are from New Vegas.

Neonit

Dec 24, 2008
Oh ho ho ho....

I wish i could see the faces of their PR department if that's true.
"Tell my wife i love her...." puts on a riot helmet"

Its like the xbox exec's are sitting around a table and shouting at each other
"People hate our last initiative, what should we do - WHAT SHOULD WE DO?!"

And then, once again - fail.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Zykon TheLich said:
Riiiight.

Some fucker on a NeoGaf forum claiming "Patrick from GiantBomb claimed that he heard Fallout 4 will be in the lineup as an exclusive deal between Bethesda and Microsoft".

That's about as flimsy a pretext to write an article on anything that I've ever seen. And I saw a copy of The Sun once.
Agreed. Also in that article the screenshots were from New Vegas. lol. Im sorry but people moan and whine before actually checking the truth of a rumour. Wait until Bethesda themselves state what the truth is and then moan and *****.

I want to write an article stating that Xbone are the ones funding Syrian rebels - see if people start bitching again about MS. "Banning used gaming was crap, but funding Syrian rebels.....now im not buying an Xbone." lol