Fallout: New Vegas Hardcore Mode Earns Players "Special Reward"

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
DominicxD said:
Maybe it will be the other half of Kotor 2 that they forgot to release.
I doubt that LucasArts let them keep working on the missing content once the game had been rushed into stores. :p

doriant

Aug 14, 2010
I hope it's better than just an in-game bonus. I always hate those, I mean, what do I need it for? I just beat the game on the hardest difficulty. My wish? Fallout 4 preview!

Jun 3, 2009
I am playing hardcore on my first time though. I barely died in Fallout 3, and it was even less rare for me to have broken limbs. I hope this adds a new challenge into the game.

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
THis hardcore mode reminds me of the rpg muds i have played, where you had to eat and drink several times a day or your aim and stats would be effected, where your inventory had a a set amount you could carry, and if you took a bad tumble you were either likely to break both your legs and have to crawl around or end up breaking your neck and dying.

I hope there will be cake.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
GamesB2 said:
Well I'm doing hardcore on my first run so this should be good.
Good luck squire, see you at the other side.

Probably will be a Chievey, but a Gatling Laser Grenade Launcher wouldn't be too bad either..

EDIT:
Fumbleumble said:
The banhammer will strike you fast.

Wolfinton

Jan 1, 2010
Perfect! Another reason to order Fallout 3 from GAME!

* Armoured Vault 13 Suit - Extensively patched up and dotted with piecemeal armour, this outfit is an homage to the classic ending of the original Fallout.
* Vault 13 Canteen - This handy device is useful for staving off dehydration and providing a small amount of healing in the Mojave Wasteland.
* Weathered 10mm Pistol - A well-worn 10mm pistol that packs an extra punch despite its modest size.
* 5 Stimpaks - Food and water are good for long-term healing, but when the fighting is fierce, Stimpaks help keep Wastelanders upright.

Fumbleumble

Oct 17, 2010
I don't see why.... I'm not groundlessly flaming and everything I've said is the god's honest truth.

Escapist have enough experience with games to know that that.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Jumplion said:
I have yet to decide whether to get it on PC or PS3, but I'm not much of a modder and I'm always afraid to tinker with my on-the-fritz-brand-new-computer, and the PS3 has delicious trophies, so most likely I'll go with that.
Ah yes, that dilemma. I'm still doubting too. But if this game will also use GfWL I'll definitely get it for the PS3. GfWL really screwed up my Fallout 3 experience.

Regardless, I'll be turning on Hardcore on my first (and knowing me, probably final) playthrough. Fallout 3 was just way too easy, this'll spice things up for sure.

PissOffRoth

Jun 29, 2010
sunburst313 said:
Hardcore mode sounds absolutely amazing and I feel like I should be more psyched than I am. But it's made by Obsidian. They always offer some form of revolutionary gameplay experience and absolutely destroy it with cut corners and bugs. I'll withhold judgment for now.
I don't see how you can cut corners with Hardcore. Just changing item stats and gameplay mechanics. Probably didn't even take much effort to do. It's just their way of catering to challenge seekers.

Wolfinton

Jan 1, 2010
Cowabungaa said:
Jumplion said:
I have yet to decide whether to get it on PC or PS3, but I'm not much of a modder and I'm always afraid to tinker with my on-the-fritz-brand-new-computer, and the PS3 has delicious trophies, so most likely I'll go with that.
Ah yes, that dilemma. I'm still doubting too. But if this game will also use GfWL I'll definitely get it for the PS3. GfWL really screwed up my Fallout 3 experience.
You're in luck my friend! [http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/55228/Fallout-New-Vegas-Drops-Games-For-Windows-Live-For-Steam]

Fumbleumble

Oct 17, 2010
Wolfinton said:
Fumbleumble said:
I don't see why.... I'm not groundlessly flaming and everything I've said is the god's honest truth.

Escapist have enough experience with games to know that that.

May I ask, why are you on a gaming forum if you are complaining about the state of the gaming community? Go back to your mothers breasts you baby.
Now THIS is a flame :/

...and where else would I go to MAKE POINTS about the state of gaming and it's customers except a gaming site?....

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Wolfinton said:
You're in luck my friend! [http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/55228/Fallout-New-Vegas-Drops-Games-For-Windows-Live-For-Steam]
That leaves trophies. Tasty tasty trophies...

Eumersian

Posting in the wrong thread.
Sep 3, 2009
The question for me is whether or not it shows up at just the first playthrough, on on all of them.

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
Hmmmmmmm.... *thinks*

Could it be a sorta ingame DLC where you finnaly get to see Ronto or the Commonwealth?

Hmmmmmmm.... *thinks*

God Mode? For going through the hell of hardcore mode?

Hmmmmmmm.... *thinks*

A Nuclear Mushroom cloud behind your avatar?

Hmmmmmmm..... Awwww I guess we will all find out in a few days

OT: Fallout, Fable 3, BlackOps.... Its truly a wonderful time to be a gamer ^__^

Jack Gruff

Jul 24, 2010
Hmmm... so they're doing what the modding community would have done anyway.

I just hope that those playing on Hardcore don't have to worry about repairing our weapons every five minutes. But hey, easily fixable with a mod, which someone will undoubtedly make :)

Jack Gruff

Jul 24, 2010
Fox KITSUNE said:
Hmmmmmmm.... *thinks*

OT: Fallout, Fable 3, BlackOps.... Its truly a wonderful time to be a gamer ^__^
It's always a wonderful time to be a gamer ^__^