Fallout: New Vegas Patch Coming "As Quickly As Possible"

Orthon

Mar 28, 2009
What did you expect? This is Bugsidian, after all.

Anyway, might get NV when the patches are out and I got no other games to play. The reviews have made me interested.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Woodsey said:
Legion said:
Woodsey said:
Here's a fucking clue:

Fix it before it's released.

Why are we thanking them? People should be lighting torches and grabbing their pitchforks.
If we did that to every game company then yes. I was surprised about how buggy Reach was to be honest, it's the first Halo to be that bad.

The sad thing is that a hell of a lot of games are like this nowadays, and they get away with it because people buy them on release day before finding it out.
I agree, although considering the track-record of these two companies we should be hitting them first (and hardest).

There's not even a chance that they've missed bugs during play-tests, they're just ignoring them.
According to my friend who is a game tester (For Sega), some bugs they can't fix without a major overhaul of the game, although personally I think that's their damn problem personally, especially if they expect us to shell out full price for the damn games.

To be honest this is slightly hypocritical of me as I love Fallout games and am getting this either tomorrow or Friday (depending on if my order arrives early as it was sent yesterday).

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Meh, bought it last night and have not found any issues. Altough after having extensive experiance with many of Bethesda's games I won't be surprised when I hit one. Thats ok though, the game still rocks!

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
Looks like I'll stick with my plan, then, and buy this over the Christmas holidays for my Xbox. By then the necessary patches will have been written and passed certification, right? (And the console version should have fewer issues caused by hardware configuration... or is that being hopelessly naive?)

-- Steve

Tiny116

The Cheerful Pessimist
May 6, 2009
dalek sec said:
thenumberthirteen said:
OMG that is the scariest bug ever.

I knew it was going to be really buggy and that's why I'm waiting a while before buying it. Next month at very earliest.
Same here, that's why I almost never buy any games lately that come out opening day. Hopefully the patch will come out and deal with the major game crashing bugs in time for Christmas for me. :D
I'm gunna have to take this tactic with the next big Bethesda release...But I've been a real fanboy and preordered the Special edition for NV, Because it looked Freakin' awesome.

sephiroth1991

Dec 3, 2009
Well i hope its out before Friday but i doubt that. I'm surpriced they havn't started on a new engine this one seems to be unstable.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Perhaps i'l buy this first after all. I really don't know whether to get this on Friday (UK) or wait till next week's Friday for Fable 3...

Bethesda aren't exactly good at fixing bugs either, even their patchs don't fix everything and sometimes create more problems. I just want the game to be playable, without the game breaking stuff and i'l be fine personally.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Legion said:
Woodsey said:
Legion said:
Woodsey said:
Here's a fucking clue:

Why are we thanking them? People should be lighting torches and grabbing their pitchforks.
If we did that to every game company then yes. I was surprised about how buggy Reach was to be honest, it's the first Halo to be that bad.

The sad thing is that a hell of a lot of games are like this nowadays, and they get away with it because people buy them on release day before finding it out.
I agree, although considering the track-record of these two companies we should be hitting them first (and hardest).

There's not even a chance that they've missed bugs during play-tests, they're just ignoring them.
According to my friend who is a game tester (For Sega), some bugs they can't fix without a major overhaul of the game, although personally I think that's their damn problem personally, especially if they expect us to shell out full price for the damn games.

To be honest this is slightly hypocritical of me as I love Fallout games and am getting this either tomorrow or Friday (depending on if my order arrives early as it was sent yesterday).
Evidently these don't require a major overhaul if they're patching them after release.

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
Formica Archonis said:
thenumberthirteen said:
OMG that is the scariest bug ever.
I know! It takes a perfectly mundane conversation and turns it into something out of Silent Hill. And the fact that the guy's just talking in such a normal and friendly fashion... that makes it WORSE!

I sincerely hope someone does this intentionally in a horror game, now that we've seen it.
During the first rotation I thought it might have been a side-effect of your character just waking up from his head being blown off or something :p

Still, that's pretty funny as far as bugs go, and it figures that NV would certainly not be bug free. Still, hope it gets fixed before I buy it, which will be a while, so don't rush anything on my account :)

razzle666

Oct 16, 2010
damn right woodsey!! oh so they are working on a patch to finish thier broken game.. well that's great for those with internet capable systems but what about us offline gamers? BAH!

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Woodsey said:
Legion said:
Woodsey said:
Legion said:
Woodsey said:
Here's a fucking clue:

Evidently these don't require a major overhaul if they're patching them after release.
Indeed, you do have to question some companies bug testers really, as some manage to make relatively bug-free games whereas others are known for being consistently bad. You'd think they'd learn.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
Anton P. Nym said:
Looks like I'll stick with my plan, then, and buy this over the Christmas holidays for my Xbox. By then the necessary patches will have been written and passed certification, right? (And the console version should have fewer issues caused by hardware configuration... or is that being hopelessly naive?)

-- Steve
I wouldn't say naive, but usually hardware configuration bugs (in my experience) are spread across most of your games, not just one. That's just what I've noticed though.

I haven't had any bugs aside from physics glitches yet, and those have been few and far between. I think a lot of it is just the engine starting to show it's age, though.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
razzle666 said:
damn right woodsey!! oh so they are working on a patch to finish thier broken game.. well that's great for those with internet capable systems but what about us offline gamers? BAH!
You're on the internet right now. Surely you have a ethernet to connect your Xbox/PS3 to the internet?

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Corwynt said:
I wonder if the spinning head is cannon.
Nah. It was also fixed by the time the game launched. The guy who pulled that video down was working off a corrupted mesh file for the doc.

MrMoustaffa

Oct 3, 2010
Flamezdudes said:
razzle666 said:
You're on the internet right now. Surely you have a ethernet to connect your Xbox/PS3 to the internet?
If he's like me, his Xbox is in a completely room and he cant connect to live at all with it. My ethernet cable comes like 1 foot out of the wall and it just barely reaches the modem...

However, are you saying that I can connect to Xbox Live even if I just stick an ethernet cable in? I thought I had to have an Xbox live account to do that.