Fallout: New Vegas Patch Coming "As Quickly As Possible"

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
This isnt at all helpful being someone without Xbox Live...As I bet they just release the patch digitally and notin physical copies

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!! I'm soooooo not getting that patch, this is way too funny xD

The_Spirit_of_Epic

Jun 4, 2008
i rented the game yesterday and only experienced one bug so far.

one of those gang members was halfway through the ground, so all i saw was his head sticking out of the ground.
he started to throw insults at me, so i threw a bullet at his face. he didn't take it very well.

Nevyrmoore

Aug 13, 2009
MrMoustaffa said:
Flamezdudes said:
razzle666 said:
damn right woodsey!! oh so they are working on a patch to finish thier broken game.. well that's great for those with internet capable systems but what about us offline gamers? BAH!
You're on the internet right now. Surely you have a ethernet to connect your Xbox/PS3 to the internet?
If he's like me, his Xbox is in a completely room and he cant connect to live at all with it. My ethernet cable comes like 1 foot out of the wall and it just barely reaches the modem...

However, are you saying that I can connect to Xbox Live even if I just stick an ethernet cable in? I thought I had to have an Xbox live account to do that.
There are two types of accounts. If you don't pay, you get LIVE Silver, which is the free one. You can download games and demos, get patches, etc. but you can't play on-line.

The_Spirit_of_Epic

Jun 4, 2008
Jester00 said:
didn't they test their games before publishing them?
i don't think its that, i think its just that they didn't have the time to fix the bugs, which has happened with obsidian in the past.

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
I'm going to wait a month or two before I get it.

Also that video creeped me the hell out. :O

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
MrMoustaffa said:
Flamezdudes said:
razzle666 said:
damn right woodsey!! oh so they are working on a patch to finish thier broken game.. well that's great for those with internet capable systems but what about us offline gamers? BAH!
You're on the internet right now. Surely you have a ethernet to connect your Xbox/PS3 to the internet?
If he's like me, his Xbox is in a completely room and he cant connect to live at all with it. My ethernet cable comes like 1 foot out of the wall and it just barely reaches the modem...

However, are you saying that I can connect to Xbox Live even if I just stick an ethernet cable in? I thought I had to have an Xbox live account to do that.
Creating an Xbox Live account takes only 5 minutes and is free, so you don't need to pay to get patches.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Scarx said:
Jester00 said:
didn't they test their games before publishing them?
i don't think its that, i think its just that they didn't have the time to fix the bugs, which has happened with obsidian in the past.
That's no excuse, if they test played the game and found that the game was riddled with bugs they should have delayed the release date a bit and fixed them.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Honestly, that video makes me think that Obsidian really needs to design a horror game. If they can do that accidently, then just imagine what kind of surreal creepiness they can come up with if they *really* decide to try. :)

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
I could understand the bugs and problems with Kotor 2 with the execs at LucasArts being dicks and all but have either of these studios ever heard of playtesting?

The_Spirit_of_Epic

Jun 4, 2008
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
That's no excuse, if they test played the game and found that the game was riddled with bugs they should have delayed the release date a bit and fixed them.
[sarcasm]yes, because the programmers have a choice when games get to be released.[/sarcasm]

but seriously, they don't have the choice to do that. most companies have a due date and if its not done within that time, it gets released. thus the beauty of patches.

Retardinator

Nov 2, 2009
Legion said:
Woodsey said:
Here's a fucking clue:

Fix it before it's released.

Why are we thanking them? People should be lighting torches and grabbing their pitchforks.
If we did that to every game company then yes. I was surprised about how buggy Reach was to be honest, it's the first Halo to be that bad.

The sad thing is that a hell of a lot of games are like this nowadays, and they get away with it because people buy them on release day before finding it out.
You don't exactly need to 'find out' that a Bethesda game will be buggy. And you don't really need any powers of clairvoyance either.

Not to mention it's an Obsidian game on a Bethesda engine... Both parts equal of a recipe for disaster, they combine into something which is essentially broken before it even sees the light of day.

scarab7

Jun 20, 2009
I hope that they realize that bugs are a big reason why reviews (thus sales) aren't higher. If they can honestly fix all the frequent/common bugs they'd convince a lot more people to trust their future products.

1blackone

Dec 14, 2007
Without prior knowledge of the bug i woulda thought that it was an intended part of the game. You know, to show how "out of it" you still are from your injuries.

Taxicab Samurai

Dec 23, 2008
Pirate Kitty said:
I was actually thinking about getting it

and then I read how horrendous the game can be.

Smooth move, Obsidian.
The game is in no way horrendous.
I've been playing for about 2 days straight and the only glitches I've really seen are some people stuck in walls and maybe lag here and there.
It doesn't happen often and it's not a deal breaker.

Plus to people "FIX IT BEFORE IT COMES OUT DURR HURR"
With a game this large there's bound to be things that fall through the cracks.
Be thankful the game still works and that they're on top of it.

Echo136

Feb 22, 2010
A game made from the Gamebryo engine that has bugs? Im shocked. No wait. Im not. I totally saw this coming.

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
The music in that scene just adds to the deep creepines of the glitch.
I hope the patch comes soon, I trust Bethesda a lot, they always fix these things with time.