Fallout: New Vegas Patch Coming "As Quickly As Possible"

lizards

Jan 20, 2009
what the hell ever happend to playtesting?

seriously why is that not done anymore?

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
I'm seeing a lot of "I expected this" and to be fair it's Bioware and Bethesda who have bug issues historically.
Obsidian has trouble finishing the game content-wise.

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
Andy Chalk said:

Bethesda is working on patches for Fallout: New Vegas [http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-New-Vegas-Pc/dp/B002SU4QG4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1287595411&sr=8-3] on all platforms and says it'll have them out fast enough to make your head spin - or stop spinning, as the case may be.

By all reports, Fallout: New Vegas is a classic Bethesda [http://www.obsidianent.com/] games always have their share of issues and Obsidian is infamous for its inability to deliver a stable, bug-free experience.

The fact that Bethesda is hammering out a patch, then, should also be no surprise, but it's welcome news nonetheless. "We are currently working on releasing patches/updates as quickly as possible for Fallout: New Vegas, for all platforms," the company told Gamasutra [http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/31086/Fallout_New_Vegas_Patch_Plans_On_The_Way.php]. Specific fixes weren't revealed, but "announcements regarding the patches are forthcoming."

Technical issues featured prominently in Fallout 3 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/8229-Review-Fallout-New-Vegas], but I can't give it a full score on the basis of the bugs alone."

Fallout: New Vegas is available now for the PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Hey listen i have a very important question I'm playing fallout new Vegas on xbox 360 but i don't have an Xbox live account (can't afford it) will i still get the patch.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
People seem to have an irrational hatred for Obsidian and they pan this game despite being about as buggy as Fallout 3 was (give or take a few quicksave issues, but that's probably par for a course compared to Fallout 3's totally broken DLCs).

TheBluesader

Mar 9, 2008
Does anyone else get the impression that New Vegas was probably supposed to be a new expansion pack for Fallout 3, which they then decided to release as a full stand-alone game when they saw how big it was? That would explain why so many bugs were not dealt with (because Fallout 3 fans would be willing to put up with them if it was just a $20 XP), and it would also explain why New Vegas uses the same ancient Gamebryo engine Bethesda has been riding hard for 4 years now.

Don't get me wrong. I'm 15 hours in and I'm loving New Vegas. And it's great that Bethesda is already on top of the problems. But after all the problems they had getting the Fallout 3 expansions to work properly, it's pretty discouraging to see that they either didn't learn from the experience, or were prevented for some (probably financial) reason from getting everything in order before shipping.

Honestly, I think they'll be a lot better off when they finally dump the Gamebryo engine for good and go over to the Quake / ID engine. I mean, Gamebryo has supported some great games over its lifetime. But every single one of those games I've ever played has exhibited the same graphical and physics errors, over and over again. Seriously, Bethesda, time to upgrade. Making a massive open-world game has got to be hard enough without the engine throwing up all over itself 40% of the time.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
I've yet to experience any bugs but I probably will. This is an Obsidian game after all. Hopefully, by the time I do experience a bug the patch will be out.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
I just got my copy today, hoping to play it a bit later :)

gxs

Apr 16, 2009
razzle666 said:
damn right woodsey!! oh so they are working on a patch to finish thier broken game.. well that's great for those with internet capable systems but what about us offline gamers? BAH!
AFAIK this game uses Steamworks so you have to be online at some point.

Primus1985

Dec 24, 2009
That would be great, except i dont have online so I cant get the patch. Unless they put it on the DLC which i'll hav eto wait for in stores *sigh*

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
The worst part, THE WORST PART, for me is how #2 is hot-keyed in cement for switching ammo types. In Fallout3 I had that set to my sidearm, with my big gun in #1, melee in #3 and grenades in #4.

I am frustrated beyond belief that my comfortable system has been shattered.

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
Legion said:
Woodsey said:
Here's a fucking clue:

Fix it before it's released.

Why are we thanking them? People should be lighting torches and grabbing their pitchforks.
If we did that to every game company then yes. I was surprised about how buggy Reach was to be honest, it's the first Halo to be that bad.

The sad thing is that a hell of a lot of games are like this nowadays, and they get away with it because people buy them on release day before finding it out.
Wait, what bugs has Reach got? I've clocked over 2 days of play time on it now and haven't come across a single problem.

Hedberger

Mar 19, 2008
Andy Chalk said:

Bethesda is working on patches for Fallout: New Vegas [http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-New-Vegas-Pc/dp/B002SU4QG4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1287595411&sr=8-3] on all platforms and says it'll have them out fast enough to make your head spin - or stop spinning, as the case may be.

By all reports, Fallout: New Vegas is a classic Bethesda [http://www.obsidianent.com/] games always have their share of issues and Obsidian is infamous for its inability to deliver a stable, bug-free experience.

The fact that Bethesda is hammering out a patch, then, should also be no surprise, but it's welcome news nonetheless. "We are currently working on releasing patches/updates as quickly as possible for Fallout: New Vegas, for all platforms," the company told Gamasutra [http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/31086/Fallout_New_Vegas_Patch_Plans_On_The_Way.php]. Specific fixes weren't revealed, but "announcements regarding the patches are forthcoming."

Technical issues featured prominently in Fallout 3 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/8229-Review-Fallout-New-Vegas], but I can't give it a full score on the basis of the bugs alone."

Fallout: New Vegas is available now for the PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Are you sure that's not just an exorcist reference from the wild wasteland trait?

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Rusty Bucket said:
Legion said:
Woodsey said:
Here's a fucking clue:

Why are we thanking them? People should be lighting torches and grabbing their pitchforks.
If we did that to every game company then yes. I was surprised about how buggy Reach was to be honest, it's the first Halo to be that bad.

The sad thing is that a hell of a lot of games are like this nowadays, and they get away with it because people buy them on release day before finding it out.
Wait, what bugs has Reach got? I've clocked over 2 days of play time on it now and haven't come across a single problem.
NPC's getting stuck, Kat on Oni Sword Base was basically running into a wall as was a Marine until I meleed them away from it to get them going.

There is a door on Oni Sword Base that at one point is open, and sometimes when it is supposed to be closed it flickers to not being there.

Stuff like that really, nothing game-breaking at all but it's sure as hell immersion breaking.

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
Legion said:
Rusty Bucket said:
Legion said:
Woodsey said:
Here's a fucking clue:

NPC's getting stuck, Kat on Oni Sword Base was basically running into a wall as was a Marine until I meleed them away from it to get them going.

There is a door on Oni Sword Base that at one point is open, and sometimes when it is supposed to be closed it flickers to not being there.

Stuff like that really, nothing game-breaking at all but it's sure as hell immersion breaking.
Never seen anything like that, aside from when hunters smacked Jun off a cliff in Nightfall so he wasn't there for the rest of the mission.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I've had a couple crashes(and everytime I go back to the game my most recent quicksave and autosave revert back to an old one), but nothing as wierd as what was in the video