Fans Protest Tera's Censorship

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
to be honest i hate censorship so fight on petitioners. i don't care if it clothing or blood or what ever it is. if its censorship i want it gone

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
RT-Medic-with-shotgun said:
So lemme get this straight. 9 year old girls in their underpants is okay but the blood had to go? 9 year old girls in fox ears and underpants but its the blood that is the issue. REALLY!? This is the one time not a single fuck was given about sex in video games?
this.

given the pedo bait in the game you'd think that'd be a bigger issue (and what i thought they where getting all uptight about)

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
"Yeah, the whole 9-Year-Olds-With-No-Pants thing was insulting, but the removal of blood? YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR!!!"

If you're going to complain about stuff, the least you can do is start with the big issues and then move down to the minor ones.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
jdogtwodolla said:
This is the one time not a single fuck was given about sex in video games?
I thought the (Somewhat) stereotype was Europe was more concerned with violence than sex and vice versa for the states.
And yet Great Britain created Bottom.
God, we're awesome.

lancar

Aug 11, 2009
Add 1 more to the crowd that thought they would be giving the little girls some pants.

Yeah, from a business perspective i can understand the blood part, but...
y'know, the nekkid little girls... giving them some pants and making sexism in the game optional, instead of mandatory, would also help business. just sayin'.

Bostur

Mar 14, 2011
I briefly played in the Tera demo and didn't really miss any blood. But then again I don't know what I missed so maybe the visuals would have looked better with more blood.

I don't like it when these ratings gets to decide what goes in the game. If the designers felt that more blood was needed then they probably had a reason for it, and I'd rather be able to play it as intended.

Age ratings really are very stupid the way they work at the moment. I'd love to see more games with an adult rating. Not because I want sex or blood all over the place, but because that would allow for uncensored titles. Censorship is bad m'kay.

Gottesstrafe

Oct 23, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
If the European mainstream has such an aversion to blood, it's no wonder your women don't save.

Okay show of hands: Who else thought this would be related to the dress-code?
Ditto. Especially given the stereotype that the English are in denial over the existence of anything even remotely sexual.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
I like how they've given themselves the option of playing on the US servers, because they know they won't be able to manage actually boycotting the game entirely if nothing is changed.

I think they should just stop whining and play on the US servers, 100ms of extra ping is surely worth it for all that lovely blood!...

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
So lemme get this straight. 9 year old girls in their underpants is okay but the blood had to go? 9 year old girls in fox ears and underpants but its the blood that is the issue. REALLY!? This is the one time not a single fuck was given about sex in video games?
To be fair, those girls look at least 12.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Wait, I... this doesn't make sense. For starters, they changed the game because they got a lower age rating? That's kind of the opposite of what should happen.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
I really hope this is just in the German version (considering that the German version is always cut) or maybe allow third party mods so you can just mod it back in.

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
At least it wasn't as bad as the no more heroes blood censorship. "Hey let's just replace the blood with blocks of black ash, nobody will notice!"

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
If the European mainstream has such an aversion to blood, it's no wonder your women don't save.

Okay show of hands: Who else thought this would be related to the dress-code?
Seconded. Although, Europe is more sane than the US. If you're gonna get up in arms about a game containing mature content, why the fuck would you go after nudity and sex when the game contains tons of violence? See: GTA or Mass Effect "scandals".

Subatomic

Sep 1, 2011
henritje said:
I really hope this is just in the German version (considering that the German version is always cut)
Except they aren't. More often than not, the German version is identical to other language versions (except the language, obviously). Heavily cut versions are the exception, not the rule, and in the majority of cases developers/publishers way overdo the cutting because they fear a prohibitively high age rating even though, at least in recent years, the German rating board hasn't been any more strict than those in other countries.

EbonBehelit

Oct 19, 2010
draythefingerless said:
i would not censor anything. the dressing in tera is very good looking, my only complaint is that the males should share of the same greco-roman style approach to clothing. that is, barely any at all. no that is not sexual, i just find the dress code beautiful, if a bit on the erotic.
I respectfully disagree. From what I've seen, eroticism seems to be the ENTIRE POINT of the female dress code in TERA - The worst thing males get is an unbuttoned shirt, while almost everything the demon females wear looks like an Ivy cosplay.

Also, the elfin are disgusting - sexualizing little girls is NEVER okay.
The defence "Oh, but they're not human! That makes it okay!" doesn't work either, as ideas are never made in a vacuum - the Elfin are SUPPOSED to look like prepubescent girls.

Seanfall

May 3, 2011
Yeah the whole furry loli thing is to me a waaaaay bigger issue then blood flow. I've seen the game play videos it's just creepy as fuck.