Farewell, Escapist

flaviok79

Feb 22, 2011
Susan: this site became part of my day, and with it, the wonderfull people that make it. You were chief amongst them. Great job! You will be missed. Godspeed.

Mhmh

Oct 12, 2012
It was just recently that Invisible walls podcast had the person who was their hearth and soul leave them, a great pity to see that happen to Escapsist podcast as well.

Anway, farewell and good luck with your future endeavors.

AngelOfBlueRoses

The Cerulean Prince
Nov 5, 2008
Wow... I don't really know what to say. I've been here for a long time, since 2008. I came here, like many, for Zero Punctuation, but stayed because of how different Escapist was compared to other gaming sites. It was very unique, and you made it quite unique. I don't comment a lot, but I read most threads and I pour through most of the content this site has, and for the past five years you've been a constant mainstay of this site. You were a great personality and you added to The Escapist's uniqueness. And now, having seen you around the site for nearly five years, a full quarter of my life, it feels like a huge chunk has been ripped out, and The Escapist has ripped out quite a bit already, what with Russ Pitts leaving and then Steve Butts. It was hard enough seeing Russ Pitts leave, but now you?

I wish you the best of luck wherever you go, Susan. It's been an absolute pleasure.

rednightmare

Apr 17, 2009
NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
You were always a delight to listen to in the podcat and any other place you commented. I wish you de best of luck in your next endeavor and don't feel bad about coming back to say hi once in a while. I'll miss you :(

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
But... but now I can't listen to the Podcasts... T_T

Also: I hate change!

Bye!

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Sucks to see you go Susan D:

Any reason why? Or are you not at liberty to talk about it?

Regardless, it's been a pleasure.

See you space cowgirl
Goddamn it Daystar, not that scene...
You could have chosen any other sad scene from anything....

but moving on:
Farewell Susan, thank you for coming to my aid when I needed it, R&P will never be the same again (once I actually get around to making my thread)! You've done a fantastic job as Editor in Chief and I feel nothing but pity for the one to take your place. Having to maintain a website, all of it's content creators and trying to appease the forum go-ers? Not an easy job.

[small]You're gonna carry that weight[/small]​

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Wow this is bad, I've not come to terms with the loss of all the science shows, and the introduction of content from various other sites to The Escapist, and now Susan is going. I wonder if there's any connection?

Sad to see you go :(

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
All the best Susan, you've always been good company here, sad to see you go.

Fordo

Oct 17, 2007
Susan, I have loved your reviews and the style you've brought to the website. I hope your future travels work to build upon the funny, and insightful personality you shared with all of us.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
Very sad to see you go, thanks for your wonderful contributions, and I wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

ksn0va

Jun 9, 2008
JaredXE said:
DVS BSTrD said:
What is it about this site that eats chief editors so quickly?
That's what I was thinking. I know contractually she probably can't say anything bad, but there has got to be something that is making this site bleed editors.
It's not just The Escapist, it's the industry in general.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Awww I hope you will still be at the next Expo. We need to talk Doctor Who more!