Farewell, Escapist

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Sorry to see Lady Arendt go and best of luck to her in future endeavors.

Redlin5 said:
I hope you still are involved with the site even though you are passing the mantle of Cute Animal Rangler or CAR Editor in Chief! This was a shock to see but I know wherever you find yourself, you'll bring the passion of video games with you.
Seconded..

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Can I have your corgi army staff badge?

Joking joking It's sad to see you go Susan you were always one of the fun admins to have around in a discussion.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Sucks to see you go Susan. I realise I'm not one of those regular personality's around the escapists or anyone famous really, but all the same I've been a fan of your work on here. Gonna miss having you around.

But, don't forget. You'll always have a place here at the escapist.

Shodan1980

Mar 29, 2010
Awful news and a great blow to this site. There are several games in my collection solely due to an Arendt recommendation and I've never been disappointed. The site, and most importantly, the Podcat won't be the same without you.

So long and thanks for all the fish
x

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
I'll join the chorus that is sorry to see Susan go. Her presence here has been marked with intelligence, a clear and piercing writing style, and a distinct and often revelatory angle.

Thank you for your time at the Escapist, Susan. Whatever you go on to do, I hope it will be something in which we can similarly share- we would surely be richer for the experience.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
Wait a second... Susan Arendt just announced she was leaving The Escapist... Now we know we're getting a new Doctor soon... Hmmm...

Fenra

Sep 17, 2008
Farewell Susan, thank you for all the insight on games I'd never heard of and wonderful articles, plus a very unique surname that I still to this day cant pronounce right!

May you find happiness in wherever the road leads you now

oh and one last thought

I'm not entirely sure who I am if I'm not "Susan from The Escapist,"
Why thats simple, you are Susan Arendt, and from looking at the replies here, she is a pretty cool and well loved lady

tseroff

Jun 8, 2009
It's pretty amazing to see everyone standing up to see you off. I've enjoyed reading your pieces for years and you've always been a great voice. It's always difficult to see someone awesome go, but I'm sure this isn't the last we'll hear of the great Susan Arendt.

May your path be ever bright and your pack always light. May you stride with the wind at your back into the great unknown.

This is tseroff, formerly treeboy027, signing off.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
*Insert video of Darth Vader's NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that everyone has seen a bazillion times*

I was always happy to see new content from you Susan so I really hate to see you go! It's so sad! Especially since I hadn't gotten a chance to make it to an Escapist Expo yet and meet you in person!

But I understand the need to move on and such so I wish you all the best of luck! Really! I mean it!........Okay maybe there is a little teeny part of me that wishes you'll change your mind...but I know you won't and I really do hope you go on to great and amazing things.

See you Space Cowgirl...

rod_hynes

Jun 21, 2009
Farewell, adios, good bye... none of these words are enough to convey the shared love of games and the community that you shared with us. Thanks for all of your time and effort. You shall be missed.

Commander Pavel Chekov: Course heading, Captain?
Captain James T. Kirk: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.

Jan 9, 2011
You always had great insights, you were consistently interesting, and you always gave your opinions in that trademark straight-shooter fashion. You were 0% bullcrap, 100% sense, and a community needs someone like that. It was always refreshing to hear/read your input, whether it be in the Podcat, in your reviews, or in your other bits-and-pieces here and there. We genuinely mean it when we say you will be missed.

I look forward to seeing what things you move onto in the future, though. Have fun.

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
Well, I'm sorry to hear that you're going but good luck with whatever you're doing next! You were and likely will remain a joy to read and listen to, and the Escapist has lost a great editor. Still, as I said, good luck!

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
Sad to see you go.

Well, I suppose the silver lining is that now that there's no reason to watch the Podcat anymore you've given me an extra hour and a half of free time...
Hardly a consolation, but good luck in your future endeavors.

Schtoobs

Feb 8, 2012
Cool chick. I don't envy whoever has to fill your shoes. You did a great job as editor and I always enjoyed reading/listening to the work you produced, which was always of a very high standard.

All the best for the future Susan.

prowll

Aug 19, 2008
*flips table*

I could have done without this news.

I can only hope that this is to accept a step up for you, Mrs. Arendt. You deserve the best, and frankly was the best part of the podcats. As you can see, you will be sorely missed around here. Even from the people that may not share the same love of games, you always at least took time to understand our side, and present your own in a great, fun manner.