Farewell, Escapist

marcooos

Shit Be Serial Cray
Nov 18, 2009
So the only people that interact with the community that are worth a shit left on the site are Gav and Grey?!?! Fuck...

Anyways bye Susan, sad to see you go but good luck in the future!

JPArbiter

Oct 14, 2010
Good luck to you in all of your future efforts Ms Arendt. See you on the far side.

chartinboy

Expanded foam monkey
Jul 9, 2010
Sad to see you go - an awesome editor who interacted with her community all the time. On a side note - does it seem like we're getting through a helluva lot of Escapist editors, the last few years? (well, 3...)

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
Aww :(

Sad to see you go Susan. Are you still going to be in NC? (Really I'm asking if we'll be seeing you around the Expo...)

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Well this was unexpected! D:

Any ideas on what you'll be moving on to do? Also, who is taking of EiC responsibilities after you leave?

We're all going to miss you! Good luck in your future adventures!

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
[HEADING=1]D:[/HEADING]

As sad as this may be though, good luck in whatever you choose to do, and I hope we'll still occasionally see you around the community. Your posts always tended to raise a chuckle in one form or another.

Also, while this may sound rather harsh (in a push them out the way for the new guy), any word on who the new Editor In Chief will be when you depart?

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
What is it about this site that eats chief editors so quickly?
That's what I was thinking. I know contractually she probably can't say anything bad, but there has got to be something that is making this site bleed editors.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Bye Susan! Good luck with whatever you plan on doing next, and give my regards to Russ as well :)

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
JaredXE said:
DVS BSTrD said:
What is it about this site that eats chief editors so quickly?
That's what I was thinking. I know contractually she probably can't say anything bad, but there has got to be something that is making this site bleed editors.
As far as I am aware the last two editors left due to other job opportunities (more money probably). In Butts' case it was also family related if I recall.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Really, there was only a handful of contributors to the site that I cared enough and/or respected enough to remember who they were, the rest sort of blend into the white noise you get on any largeish site.

But I never managed to forget Susan Arendt.

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
[HEADING=1]Q_Q[/HEADING]

I mean, apart from the old adage of 'nothing lasts forever', this is a big knock as Susan Arendt is a huge inspiration.

Not only in terms of video game editorials, or even just editorials, but in terms of the art of writing and weaving the English language to ones whim.

Having the privilege of meeting Mrs. Arendt at the Escapist Expo was a real highlight of the event as well as, admittedly awkwardly, conveying my adoration for her work.

Truly a sad day for the Escapist but certainly a joyous day for whomever is lucky enough to gain the expertise of a talented writer, editor and gamer.

Having said that, I still need to look up how to spell 'Arendt'. :p

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
I am greatly sad now. So many of the people I loved who's stuff brought me to the site are leaving. I mean there really aren't many editors left that will actually interact with the community like you did. Good luck with what you do, but now I'm sad.
[HEADING=1]TT^TT[/HEADING]

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Admit it Susan, you've been summoned to the Corgi Homeworld to battle for Truth, Justice and the Corgi way and tummy rubs.

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Ssd to see you go though, you did a great job over here.
Good luck with whatever you are gonna do.

Now just to think of some nice hazing material for your replacement.

Captcha gave the answer to why she left;
Slush fund

Dec 14, 2009
Sucks to see you go Susan D:

Any reason why? Or are you not at liberty to talk about it?

Regardless, it's been a pleasure.

See you space cowgirl