Farewell, Escapist

shiajun

Jun 12, 2008
I'm so sad. Just as you say Susan, you brought a rebel, underground flair to the gaming scene showcased on this site, as well as injecting real discussion here and there, and all over the place. Your strong personality was one that stood out in a inspiring and fascinating way, and really imprinted upon the editorial direction in a goodway. I'll miss you, and the podcasts will never be the same. Tito can't be the replacemen, since you know, Warcry and all, so maybe Justin Clouse....maybe? Who else is left here that has that much presence in the community or the editorial process?

I feel the Editor in Chief position here at the Escapist is like the Defense against the dark Arts at Hogwarts. You may be here forever, but that position is cursed. Anyone appointed to it leaves within a year. Well, Russ was here longer, but it's like a revolving door now.

Daniel Laeben-Rosen

Jun 9, 2010
Very sad to hear it. But, such is life and all I can say is: Best of luck with the future and thank you for all your hard work, your fantastic writing and charming presence on the Podcat!
Also, here's hoping you get to relax, and actually enjoy a game or two in a normal pace for a change. You've earned it :D.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Well it's been a real blast Susan. The podcat won't be the same without you.
Hope it all goes well in the future.

andersgeek

Jul 6, 2010
I don't know why, really, but this news makes me rather sad. Farewell, Susan. May whatever you do next be as awesome as what you did at, with, and for The Escapist.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Best of luck in your future endeavors, Ms Arendt!!! You will be missed!... :(

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
I shall also miss you, but every chapter must come to an end. On to bigger and better things! Sky's the limit, infinity and beyond, live long and prosper, all that good stuff! Here's hoping the future is filled with greatness, Susan!

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
Oh Susan, you've brought us so much good content and always were a pleasure to listen to on the Podcat, even we disagreed on some things. I've only been a member of the site since October, but I've lurked long enough to know how much you've contributed. Best of luck to your future endeavors.

As Dr. Seuss said, "Don't be sad something is over, be happy that it happened in the first place."

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Wow... I didn't think you'd leave this quickly after becoming Editor in Chief...

Your interaction with the community won't be forgotten!

Like I said with Pitts and Butts, good luck to you wherever you go next.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
But... but... but... who will be hosting the panels for the Expo, and doing all of the best reviews, and posting snarky comments in response to the muppets wonderful people on the forums?

I wish you'd say why it is as well, not because we "deserve to know", but because it seems very sudden, and a lot of people are going to miss you being here.

This place won't be the same without you.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
I don't post on The Escapist much any more. I've been here quite a while, I've seen Steve Butts and Russ Pitts leave, along with a lot of the old forum regulars. This isn't to say the site is worse, or better, but it's different, to me at least. I'm not sure what I'm trying to say here, but you're one of the reasons I've stayed as long as I did, honestly. You've done an amazing job as the Editor in Chief, as a reviewer, as a columnist, and you've just been an awesome person in general. I'm quite sad now that I never got around to writing an article so you could tear it apart. Anyway, good luck in your future ventures Mrs Arendt, I'm sure you'll do great. :)

Serrenitei

Jun 15, 2009
As I said on Twitter - this gave me an uber-sad. I wish all the best and I hope you are still around the game-o-sphere someplace. You one of the biggest inspirations to me professionally, in games, and in games journalism.

Godspeed, Live long and Prosper.

Edit: Typo

Dragoon

Jan 19, 2010
Aww man this sucks, hopefully you'll still stick around in the forums, the way you interacted with us was great. Good luck in the future!

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
In the Grim dark future of the escapist there is no Susan Arendt, there is only war.

Susan shall be missed. I mean who will be able to replace the hulk?

Have fun Lady Arendt.

ben---neb

No duckies...only drowning
Apr 22, 2009
Awww... you were brilliant on the podcast, always an interesting opinion! Wish you all the best for whatever lies ahead.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
This is sad. Honestly, being able to meet Susan at the Escapist Expo last year and helping out was, without a doubt, one of the highlights for me. and when I say 'helping out' I mean sitting in a designated area with some friends playing Magic.

It was wonderful meeting you Susan. You're an amazing person. Here's to hoping you have all the best luck with your future endeavors.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
As if my week wasn't shitty enough =( You'll be missed, Susan. I didn't share you're taste in games most of the time, but I loved your sense of humour, your insight, and the pictures of cute animals you shared on Twitter. Hope you shine and flourish wherever you're heading.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Awwwwwwww. :(

This makes me sad, and it's gonna be really weird not seeing you around here. But I understand, and I suppose all good things must come to an end. God speed on whatever else you're doing fellow Whovian even if it's spreading more cute animal love on Twitter.

Shine on you crazy diamond!

EDIT:

Kapol said:
This is sad. Honestly, being able to meet Susan at the Escapist Expo last year and helping out was, without a doubt, one of the highlights for me. and when I say 'helping out' I mean sitting in a designated area with some friends playing Magic.

It was wonderful meeting you Susan. You're an amazing person. Here's to hoping you have all the best luck with your future endeavors.
That too.

It was a blast "helping out" and getting a chance to talk to you briefly.

Henriot

Dec 15, 2011
Wow...

Best of luck in everything you do, Susan. Your voice and opinions on the podcat will be the biggest thing I miss... Never did get to find out what your signature dish was.

Hopefully we'll all be hearing from you soon!