Farewell, Escapist

Kurt Cristal

Mar 31, 2010
shiajun said:
I feel the Editor in Chief position here at the Escapist is like the Defense against the dark Arts at Hogwarts. You may be here forever, but that position is cursed. Anyone appointed to it leaves within a year. Well, Russ was here longer, but it's like a revolving door now.
Spoken like a true escapist. Susan, I shall sorely miss your sudden bursts of excitement on the podcat.

Atary77

Feb 27, 2008
I'll miss seeing you on the Podcat. I wish you the best of luck in your future endevors.

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
Well, I can't really say anything that my fellow Escapists haven't already said, so I guess I'll just stick with:

So long, and thanks for all the fish*.

[small]*Fish in this instance meaning years of great videos, editorials and leadership.[/small]

WarpZone

Mar 9, 2008
So I guess Susan Aren't working for the Escapist anymore?

Wow. That sounded every bit as terrible as it did in my head. I'm so very, very sorry.

John P. Hackworth

Sep 21, 2010
I wonder what the deal is with this site lately, seems like they can't keep an EiC for more than couple of years. It's sad :-( .

Still, good luck with where ever you go next, Susan. I enjoyed seeing you at PAX East this year, and listening to you on the Podcat.

Thistlehart

Nov 10, 2010
I hope you'll still kick about the forums on occasion! It would be a shame to lose you and you're ability to strut in and put spazniks in their places.

Go forth and kick ass you magnificent Nerd Queen.

Ta!

John P. Hackworth

Sep 21, 2010
WarpZone said:
So I guess Susan Aren't working for the Escapist anymore?

Wow. That sounded every bit as terrible as it did in my head. I'm so very, very sorry.
I like puns a lot. But that one was bad, and you should feel bad for making it.

XandNobody

Oh for...
Aug 4, 2010

Man, I don't know what to say. I mean, you were perhaps one of the funniest people on this site, just listening to you on the podcast was always such a joy. Hell, I'm even going to miss the corgis, but I'm definitely going to miss seeing you around here.

I think the only thing I can really do is thank you for all the great times, and to wish you luck for the future. I'll miss ya, that's for sure.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011

Well this is a bummer, no offense to those other guys, but the Escapist Podcast is gonna be lame now without you.

TopazFusion said:
I've always thought how great it is that the management and staff on this site often interact and engage with the users here. Rather than being a faceless person hiding in an executive office, behind a closed door (as is the case with many other sites and organizations out there).
Seconded, I can't think of anywhere else that has this site's level of transparency, and I think it really contributes to the communal feel of the site.

TheBlueRabbit

Ballistic Comedian
Jan 9, 2009
I'm sure it's all been said by others, but thank you, Susan, for all you've done here and brought to us. While I'm sad to see you go, I understand that all things eventually change. May your future endeavors bring you all the joy and satisfaction that you've given us.

You will be greatly missed.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Good luck and I wish you well.

All of your effort at the escapist was greatly appreciated. For all of that time, thank you!

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
My face when:

The purist definition of 'personality', the Podcasts and trully the Escapist just lost a ball full of enthusiasm and energy that could power a sun.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom

Keep posting pictures of Corgis wherever you go.

Rogue 9

I, Jedi
Jun 22, 2008
Thanks for all you've brought to the Escapist Susan. Best of luck for your future adventures.

I've always enjoyed your reviews and features and you will always have a special little place in my Persona 4 addicted heart.