Farewell, Escapist

cynicalsaint1

Salvation a la Mode
Apr 1, 2010
Is the EIC desk like some kind of blackhole that slowly devours whoever sits there?

Very sad to see you go Susan, don't think the place will be the same without you (certainly not the podcats!)
May your future ventures be filled with cute animal pictures!

yamy

Slayer of Hot Dogs
Aug 2, 2010
Bye Susan. I can't really say I've been part of the community for long or had interacted with people much, but I'll always remember that you replied to one of my posts which was awesome and terrifying at the same time because I thought I had said something wrong. I've never been replied to by an editor before and doubt I ever will.

Best of luck with your future endeavours! :)

Panorama

Carry on Jeeves
Dec 7, 2010
Good luck Susan, I wish you all the best. You will find bigger and better things im sure! (not slating the escapist, please don't kill me escapist)!

Vareoth

Mar 14, 2012
Even though you will be leaving, you'll always be a part of the Escapist and its community.

It's like a cult! Once you're in, you can never get out...

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
Goodbye, Ms. Arendt, it was very nice having you here. Best of luck to you with everything you attempt.

It's sad that you won't tell us the reason for your departure, but I am sure you have got your reason for that.

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
Good luck in future endeavors.

As my father once said to me: "Don't tug on supermans cape, don't spit into the wind, and don't pull off the lone rangers mask."

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Damn, the greedy bastard in me was hoping (even today) for just one...more...podcast.

Regardless, as long as you're not a volunteer for Mars One, things will be okay I imagine.

Best of luck.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
Thought you could slip away without a goodbye hug, didja? Come here, you!!!

Take care of yourself, Susan. I hope you will fare well. :)

The Morrigan

Wharrgarble
Nov 23, 2010
Oh noes!! Susan, you have been such an inspiration. I will certainly miss you. Here's hoping I still run into you at the occasional convention!

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I came in expecting a dissatisfied user trying to go out with a "bang".

I got something much, much worse. ;____;

Feel free to keep posting, Susan! I'll never forget when you epic-burned a troll on the Dance Central review!

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
Aye, I am part of the crowd that is sad to see you go. I sincerely hope that you get better opportunities elsewhere and you have some fun where you go. I really enjoyed reading what you did post and your reviews were also fantastic.

Tis a sad day...

I salute you, and follow life where it takes you! We all hope to see you again. ;-)

Rariow

Nov 1, 2011
Sad that this happened.
May your further exploits be every bit as succesful and fun as you want them to be.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
DVS BSTrD said:
What is it about this site that eats chief editors so quickly?
Yeah, really. I've seen it go through about one a year here, with Russ Pitts, Steve Butts, and Susan Arendt coming to memory. Is there some sort of policy here that says you can only be Editor In Chief here for a year or something? Either way, I'm sad to see you go, Susan. I miss the other editors quite a bit already and now it seems that I'm going to miss yet another.

Lurklen

Feb 2, 2010
Wow I'm really surprised, I didn't see this coming at all. I'm sorry to see you go, I didn't always agree with you but I liked the way you stood by your views but were willing to change them in the face of a logical argument. I'm curious as to why you are moving on, as I'm sure many are, though I recognize it's not really any of our business.

Good luck and best wishes in your future endeavours.

Nimzar

Nov 30, 2009
Good-bye Susan :( We'll all miss you.

DVS BSTrD said:
What is it about this site that eats chief editors so quickly?
For serious. I'm beginning to think they turned down an application from Tom Riddle.

Elijah Newton

Sep 17, 2008
Sorry to see you go, but wish you the very best Ms. Arendt!

Insert obligatory cute animal in 3...2...1...