Farming Simulator 2013 Wins Gamescom

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Farming Simulator 2013 Wins Gamescom

The long-awaited debut trailer for Farming Simulator 2013 is finally here, and it's everything you imagined - and more.

It's only the second day of Gamescom [http://www.gamescom-cologne.com/en/gamescom/home/index.php] but we may as well stick a fork in it now, because for all intents and purposes it is over, folks. Farming Simulator 2013 is in the house, and it's brought a debut trailer with it that will absolutely rock your world.

Following on the runaway success of the "stunning hit" Farming Simulator 2011 [http://www.amazon.com/Farming-Simulator-2011-Pc/dp/B004D2OFO8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345146402&sr=8-1&keywords=Farming+Simulator+2011], which sold more than 500,000 copies across France and Germany alone, Farming Simulator 2013 will feature a brand-new playable map with new animals, crops, environments and a wide range of vehicles and machinery from the industry's top 20 equipment manufacturers. The game's online mode will allow up to ten players to work together to manage a farm, as well as create and share mods, vehicles, equipment and even custom-made tools created within the game.

Just look at those beauties! They're all here: Case IH, Kuhn, Kramer, Agroliner, even the massive, super-hot new Grimme harvesters! It's glorious green and resplendent red as far as the eye can see! And holy crapamolie, is that an OCO 850 with an inverted-arm quad-disc thresher attachment I see? That baby's not even in production yet!

Farming Simulator 2013 launches on the PC in October, and then - because you demanded it - the franchise will appear for the first time ever on both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 game consoles! This is going to be the biggest Farming Simulator launch ever, kids - don't miss it!

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
500,000 copies in two countries alone is pretty damn nice.

Too bad all I have to do to play that game is look out a window here in Manitoba, Canada. Does the game come with smell-o-vision for those few weeks this time of year when they harvest then spread manure over the fields? Because it's spectacular, let me tell you. Even better than stubble-burning season when it's so smoky it's like horror movie fog!

Yay farming.

(Says the girl who loves Harvest Moon...)

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
This was in the related video section for me.

This means I must pre-order the most expensive version of this awesome game while playing this song twenty four seven. :D

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
I can't tell if the article was written sarcastically or not....

I mean 500,000 copies in 2 countries for a farming sim seems like pretty good numbers to me, I mean we are not talking COD number expectations here.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
0 points for making fun of the 2nd easiest target in gaming.

Now that I think about it, I legitimately want to at least try this game. If it's like a tycoon kind of game I might actually enjoy it.

Sassafrass said:
This was in the related video section for me.

This means I must pre-order the most expensive version of this awesome game while playing this song twenty four seven. :D
I just saw that as well. I'm going to be listening to this for days

Ne1butme

Nov 16, 2009
Exterminas said:
Aww, don't be so mean to a niche game. There obviously are people who enjoy that stuff!
Yeah, we really don't need the snark. This is about as mature as COD players pooing on anything that's not COD.

Apr 28, 2008
I wish Excalibur would swoop in and steal the show with a new Street Cleaner Simulator. Being one of the best games of all time [http://www.gamespot.com/street-cleaning-simulator/user-reviews/], it's surprising that we haven't seen more of it.

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
anyone remember the old classic lawnmower simulator? i demand a hd remake!

grats to those guys tho i see these type of games and think who the heck buys that? but then i also felt the same way about baywatch and the hoff, i hear that stuff was huge in france also.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
This is possibly the best news article in the history of the Escapist.

Is this from the same guys that do the street cleaning simulators? I seem to recall those are popular in Germany as well.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
I used to laugh at these sorts of games as well, but then I picked up Train Simulator 2012 for £2.50 one steam sale and as one of those kids who spent hours with a train set as a kid it was great! Sadly it does mean I have to right to mock these games, but if others enjoy them then great and instead of mocking it, maybe you should give it a decent try.

cerebus23 said:
grats to those guys tho i see these type of games and think who the heck buys that? but then i also felt the same way about baywatch and the hoff, i hear that stuff was huge in france also.
Germans Love David Hasselhoff [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GermansLoveDavidHasselhoff]

IndomitableSam said:
(Says the girl who loves Harvest Moon...)
No-one with a hint of an inner child could hate Harvest Moon.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
With such a glowing endorsement, I'm sure it will soon be raking in the denaro.
If it continues with such astounding trailers, it's going to reap what it has sown.
Its potential is continually growing.
If they market it properly, they'll have quite a harvest.
I'll show myself out.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Wow. Way to arrogantly dump on a developer, Andy. I mean seriously wtf? You may not take them seriously but they have just as much right to be at Gamescom as any other dev. If this were say maybe an article on Cracked or some other humor site I'd have found it funny, but an insulting bit like this has no business on a news site.

I'm just stunned. I never thought I'd find myself saying this but I've really lost a large amount of respect for this site because of this.