Farming Simulator 2013 Wins Gamescom

Bostur

Mar 14, 2011
Gotta love the existance of niche titles. Kudos to those who make them. The worst part is that my curiosity is almost killing me. Must... not... buy... farm-sims, train-sims, Postman Pat sims, pool cleaner sims, or drug addict sims.

I'm off to play my 10th century feudal lord sim.

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
*shrug*. Can't be any worse than the Zynga games my mom plays, and I don't give her a hard time about it (ok, maybe a little). Some people enjoy these sim.... uh... games.

Also, I think the article filled the Escapists quota for snark for the week

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Sassafrass said:
This was in the related video section for me.

This means I must pre-order the most expensive version of this awesome game while playing this song twenty four seven. :D
You also might want to load up on Gundam-themed helmets...

I salute you, Internet.

GeneralFungi

Jul 1, 2010
I.. I find this really distasteful. The people who developed this game are just as much of a games developer as any other company, but it's okay to completely bash them because they develop a series of game that doesn't appeal to you? I won't claim to be a player of farm simulators, but I can see the appeal in them and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth when people talk down to it simply because of it's subject matter rather then the actual quality of the game itself.

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
Scotty, status report.

The sarcasmium levels in this article are reaching dangerous readings, Captain! She canny take much more!

keideki

Sep 10, 2008
Farming Simulator 2013 is to FarmVille as Call of Duty is to Arma II

I think that about sums it up, amirite?

In all seriousness, slow news day eh?

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
Just want to chime in here really quick. Those of you claiming "vitriol" or that Andy thinks of the designers as "inferior developers," etc. may have missed the intended joke. You've probably never heard of this game, and neither have most people. Games like this, which, I'm sure are great, never receive the hype of their more popular contemporaries. I understand if you didn't find the tone funny, but please don't put words in anyone's mouth. In the news room, all of us talk about how amazing it is that these games are out there (waaay more often than you think, or is probably normal) and how much we'd like to try them out. Yes, they're often weirdly banal-sounding, but that's what makes them intriguing and, in some cases, worth chuckling about.

The fact of the matter is that we, and most other sites, just don't get to write about stuff like this very often because the audience for it is traditionally low. So, when we do, we like to try and present it as entertainingly as possible (which, not everyone will dig every time) just to have a means to get it out there. So, please, be a tad more liberal with offering others the benefit of the doubt, and try not to take things too seriously. If you honestly think we would ever spew random hatred at a game for not conforming to the norm, then you really just don't know us all that well. I guess what I'm saying is, feel free to find us unfunny, but please don't confuse that with us somehow doling arbitrary condemnation. Thanks, everyone. :)

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
Some people will just never understand the joy of addiction to heavy machinery. It really is a shame.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Jorec said:
Awesome. This will definitely scratch my agricultural itch until a new Harvest Moon comes out. Thank god its coming to consoles.

Is a new Harvest Moon coming out?
I think one's coming out for the 3DS soon. Not sure though.

OT: You're damn right Farming Simulator wins! 2012 was out for the 3DS... and it currently is the best game in my collection.