Fate/Stay Night and Typemoon in General

Nihilm

Apr 3, 2010
Dr. Cakey said:
Not saying this makes it make sense, but I find it a lot easier just to not think about the rankingins and stats, more often than not the stats seem off here and there rather than what is depicted in the story and honestly when i played the VN, their purpose (outside of being able to use them to settle power level disputes) didn't exist, when I read fate/stay night, I certainlt thought of servants as a lot stronger than normal humans/mages, but I didn't think that a B-rank strenght meant 40 times stronger than a human( pure force wise), I just thought it represented the skill in physical combat.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
I'm still waiting on an english translation of Fate/Hollow Ataraxia to be completed. I'd learn kanji, but I've got enough on my plate at this point in time already without throwing in study of a new language.

The VNs were good, I really liked Fate/Stay Night. The hentai was just kind of there, it really didn't serve much of a purpose, and was really forgettable. The rest of the game was quite good. I liked the characters. I liked the setting. And some of the endings/plot points were depressing as all fuck.

And...

NathLines said:
I liked them well enough for Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime. Then came fucking Kara no Kyoukai. Visuals from UFOTABLE? Music from Kalafina, created by my all-time favorite composer? God damn it. Now, I'm basically in love.

Also, I believe this is mandatory for this thread:

God, I love Carnival Phantasm so much.
I didn't know that anime existed. o.o Thank you. TO THE BAKABT!

jhoroz

Mar 7, 2012
Fate/Stay Night is all well and good, but how about dat Fate/Zero? Amirite guise? Amirite?

Nihilm

Apr 3, 2010
Well I've only seen the anime and it was actually the introduction to the series for me, but my god was it awesome.

Fate/Zero is probably still my favourite thing in the fate series and most likely my favourite type-moon creation.(keeping in mind i haven't finished far side routes for tsukihime so that may very well change)

Ufotable, the makers of eye-candy

jhoroz

Mar 7, 2012
Pretty much the exact same case with me. I'd heard of Fate before, but it's only after Fate/Zero that I got introduced to the franchise. Ufotable is like a god-tier animation studio at the moment. I mean look THIS:

Sword Art Online? GTFO with that shit. KnK movies are even further eye candy. I hope this F/SN adaptation doesn't disappoint.

Nihilm

Apr 3, 2010
jhoroz said:
Pretty much the exact same case with me. I'd heard of Fate before, but it's only after Fate/Zero that I got introduced to the franchise. Ufotable is like a god-tier animation studio at the moment. I mean look THIS:

Sword Art Online? GTFO with that shit. KnK movies are even further eye candy. I hope this F/SN adaptation doesn't disappoint.
When I finished the KnK movies, I literally wished everything live action or animated would suddenly be animated by ufotable, because i couldn't believe how beautiful they could make the damn thing.

Uh, favorite KnK movie? I'd have to say Paradox Spiral

phantasmalWordsmith

Oct 5, 2010
I really like the Fate stories, the VN especially though the quality of the anime left me disapointed in almost all regards though the Unlimited Blade Works movie had some great fight scenes. The new anime has me excited but torn, since it'll be the Heaven's Feel route which while I admit, has some of the best fights, I don't like on account of the changes to Shirou's Character.

Shirou of the Unlimited Blade Works story is probably my favourite, especially since it brought everything that was wrong with him in Fate into a new perspective.

Fate/Zero remains my favorite anime so far, and not just in regards to Fate, I mean Anime in general and I'm trying to find a method of reading the original novel. If anyone's got a suggestion, would be grateful to hear them. The animation was superb and Kiritsugu's...Tactics just made me smile continuously. The Hotel Scene. That is all.

Playing Fate/Extra and have to admit, I'm looking forward to playing on Caster's route and maybe getting CCC. Carnival Phantasm never fails to get a chuckle out of me.

Nihilm

Apr 3, 2010
Christopher N said:
I really like the Fate stories, the VN especially though the quality of the anime left me disapointed in almost all regards though the Unlimited Blade Works movie had some great fight scenes. The new anime has me excited but torn, since it'll be the Heaven's Feel route which while I admit, has some of the best fights, I don't like on account of the changes to Shirou's Character.

Shirou of the Unlimited Blade Works story is probably my favourite, especially since it brought everything that was wrong with him in Fate into a new perspective.

Fate/Zero remains my favorite anime so far, and not just in regards to Fate, I mean Anime in general and I'm trying to find a method of reading the original novel. If anyone's got a suggestion, would be grateful to hear them. The animation was superb and Kiritsugu's...Tactics just made me smile continuously. The Hotel Scene. That is all.

Playing Fate/Extra and have to admit, I'm looking forward to playing on Caster's route and maybe getting CCC. Carnival Phantasm never fails to get a chuckle out of me.
Welcome to the mix :)

Now that I watched that clip again, i wonder why gilgamesh never busted out the ancient spaceship/jet in fate/stay night. I guess it wasn't made up yet at that time.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
I loved Fate/Zero and I am a fanboy of it. I have not read the light novel but I have heard from friends that it is quite an good adaptation of it.

Also Fate/Zero Rider is a Bro of the year. All years.

RIDER YOU MANLY MAN! I WILL FOLLOW YOU TO THE END OF THE WORLD!

jhoroz

Mar 7, 2012
Nihilm said:
Christopher N said:

Welcome to the mix :)

Now that I watched that clip again, i wonder why gilgamesh never busted out the ancient spaceship/jet in fate/stay night. I guess it wasn't made up yet at that time.
He didn't bust it out because Berserker blew it up.

And yeah, Paradox Spiral and the 7th + 3rd movies are my favourite too

Nihilm

Apr 3, 2010
Evilsanta said:
I loved Fate/Zero and I am a fanboy of it. I have not read the light novel but I have heard from friends that it is quite an good adaptation of it.

Also Fate/Zero Rider is a Bro of the year. All years.

RIDER YOU MANLY MAN! I WILL FOLLOW YOU TO THE END OF THE WORLD!
Fate/zero had so many great characters, but damn Rider.

Just wow, he was just awesome!! Even without watching/playing F/SN before watching zero I could guess the last two men standing from the start, basically and knew
That rider was not going to be one of them, but damn was he awesome

jhoroz

Mar 7, 2012
I've only read the first three chapters and despite seeing the anime twice, reading it is still very enticing, but I have yet to finish it because I am lazy because it is very faithfully adapted and I'd rather spend my time experiencing something new rather than the a different version of the same thing (albeit more detailed and with more deep-I'll get around to it)

Nihilm

Apr 3, 2010
I have a weird question, is there anyone else here that got into fate/zero the entire franchise from this single review, I saw this and I immediatly wanted to watch it, oh well atleast the review is entertaining so here free advertisement for him.

Nihilm

Apr 3, 2010
jhoroz said:
Yes, me again. Yahtzee, y u reviewing animus?
More and more, seems like we took the same route into this franchise :D, Love gigguk's reviews though, IIRC he mentioned in a video that he basically ripped of yahtzee and then slowly changed yahtzee's style a bit making it his own thing.

Crowns18

Jan 16, 2010
Nihilm said:
I have a weird question, is there anyone else here that got into fate/zero the entire franchise from this single review, I saw this and I immediatly wanted to watch it, oh well atleast the review is entertaining so here free advertisement for him.

Oh Gigguk I believe I watched the review before the anime, but instead of getting me into Fate or Type Moon I just watched all of his videos. Pretty damn good if you ask me. Guess I'm advertising too.

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Shiriu Emiya is the second worst character known to (this) man.

Type-Moon's pretty awesome though. Their ability to create extensive lore around minute details (...sometimes seemingly as an afterthought) creates a world building that set their works apart. Fate/Zero, combining this with Urobuchis talent's, is particularly exquisite.

Not watching that new Ilya magic girl thing though. Some things are guilty of being bad until proven otherwise beyond all reasonable doubt.

Nihilm

Apr 3, 2010
crowns18 said:
I am guilty of watching all of his videos as well, he got me into podtaku, which got me into watching GRarkada's reviews as well. But I don't think fate/zero was the first review I watched of his, I think it might've been death note, since when I scout out a new review show, I try to see if they have reviewed anything I have played to see how much in-line their thoughts were with mine.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Nihilm said:

I had recently gotten into VN's(Visual Novels)and someone in our group on the Escapist recommended both Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night. I played/read Tsukihime first, Liked it moved on to Fate/Night and liked that too.

Also F/Z Rider's Master really grew on me. It was a while ago I watched it but I liked how he grew.

And now I must go to bed and also go full circle with this.

Shiki can kill Servants. Discuss.