Favorite death scene in any medium?

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
We all have our favorite death scenes, but for me, it has to be the death of Dinobot in Beast Wars, wow, that really hit me hard as a kid, I never even really liked him all that much but holy shit, did that ever make me weep. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DQblCuUZWw

So what's everyone elses?

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
I was going to post the ending to Terminator 2 but Studio Canal are a company of complete dicks and have blocked the videos. And now I can't even think of what I'd rank second. I'll come back to it.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
I'm going to say Jorge's death from Halo: Reach.

TheJesus89

Aug 4, 2011
Nick Frost's death in Shaun of the Dead

Hands down one of the most heartwarming, saddening, and funny deaths of all time. Anything that can make me feel 3 differing, practically opposite emotions so strongly is absolutely fantastic.

Such a great movie...

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
In the interest of non-spoilers:

The New Emperor's "death" in the final episode of Code Geass. It was beautiful.

mateushac

Apr 4, 2010
Probably Cedric Diggory from HP.
I just love the way he suddenly dies, no time for agonizing or explanation. Felt very much like real death.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
GunsmithKitten said:
Captain Rhodes going down in Day of the Dead. There's enough ham here to supply an Easter dinner.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShPsD2kKUeg
Choke on em!
.....seriously?

I get ninja'd on THAT!

I tip my hat to you good sir/madam. Let me help you with that embedding.

SangRahl

Feb 11, 2009
The ending of Mira Grant's zombie apocalypse novel 'Feed'.
Those pages led to me recommending the books to family and friends, whether they enjoy the genre, or not. ...and not one of us is embarrased to acknowledge that tears were profusely shed.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
While I have many favorites, I have one I know nobody else will post, because nobody played Infinite Space for some reason.
Eremon's death after your final battle with him was pretty damn amazing. He's bloody, beaten, his ship is falling apart, and the bulk of his fleet has been destroyed, and he knows he's not coming out of this alive.
So what does he do
He tries to slam his 6-kilometer dreadnaught into you only to be brought down by a hail of lasers and missiles as he tries.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
From a Storm of Swords
The death of Joffrey. The fact that he pathetically joked to death because of poison in front of everyone was just so satisfying.

HardkorSB

Mar 18, 2010
Hellraiser - "Jesus wept".
The quality is pretty low but still, you can see everything:

Runner up - the opening scene to "Ghost Ship".
The movie itself is pretty meh but this scene is awesome (watch the whole thing, it has a really nice build up as well):

And for an encore, something a bit more light hearted:

katana-409

Apr 28, 2010
mattttherman3 said:
We all have our favorite death scenes, but for me, it has to be the death of Dinobot in Beast Wars, wow, that really hit me hard as a kid, I never even really liked him all that much but holy shit, did that ever make me weep. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DQblCuUZWw

So what's everyone elses?
Both his deaths, plus Transmutate. I still cry over them :(