Favorite death scene in any medium?

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
Katie's "death" in Dead Rising 2 when you don't give her zombrex.
I was going for 72,000 zombie kills (1,000 per in game hour in the main story) and going to unlock over-time mode becuase it gives you extra hours (more than the time you use to unlock it). It had been about 15 minutes to a half an hour since the last case ended and the last time I saved. I had made it a point to remember to give Katie some zombrex, but when you play that much for that long you tend to fade out or start paying attention to whatever else you have going to keep you from losing your mind (for me it was Two Best Friends Play). I was in the middle of a run through the outside area when the screen faded black. I thought to myself, "I don't remember a cutscene being here... Oh Wait!" Then I reflected on how a friend and I had talked about how people who were good at games never get to see all the you-fail cutscene and screens, while what's-her-face in the control room slowly realizes that Katie has turned into a zombie and starts to back out of the room.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
Hudson's death Aliens. After spending a good part of the movie, quit understandably, in a state of near panic it was bad-ass to see him gunning Xenomorphs and cussing them out even as they dragged him down and killed him.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
anthony87 said:
GunsmithKitten said:
Captain Rhodes going down in Day of the Dead. There's enough ham here to supply an Easter dinner.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShPsD2kKUeg
Choke on em!
.....seriously?

I get ninja'd on THAT!

I tip my hat to you good sir/madam. Let me help you with that embedding.

Lmao, wtf did I just watch? Obviously John Marston from Red Dead, but seriously, for a guy that always has dynamite sticks on him, he couldn't go to the roof and just drop down a box? :p http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9832BrE2q4

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
It's not a death scene, but a remembrance and a tribute.
(Couldn't find the actual scene)

A for an actual death scene, I like the toll booth scene from The Godfather.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Ronack said:
24 is loaded with great deaths. Edgar Stiles is very emotional, Milo Pressman was like OMFGWTFBBQNOOOOOOOO, the death of Renee and Bill were both saaaaaaaad and definitely the death of Ryan Chappelle was a real whopper.

Then there's Tatsumaru from the Tenchu series. The first time he died was a real tearjerker, but then he died by suicide bombing himself like a boss making him even more awesome.
24, talk about deaths, all the ones you mentioned were sad, you missed the worst one, President Palmer, and then Michell Desler, I got up and was like WTF JUST HAPPENED?! George Mason is another good one, but the best ones: Cherry Palmer's death and Nina Myers death, such a long time coming for both of em: Jack:"Do you have any more useful intel Nina?" Nina:"Yes." Jack:"No you don't." BAM BAM BAM

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I've a few nominees to toss in:

My apologies for only being able to find this as a death-metal AMV

I don't apologize for this music video montage since I actually like the song. :p
:p Why do I get the feeling that despite the disclaimer I'm still going to get in trouble for posting this one? Oh well.

An army of Vampire Nazis vs An army of KKK Troopers vs Dracula. Yeah, this fight isn't even remotely fair. (again, sorry for the arguably crappy music. Only way I could find this)

Oct 10, 2011
The best death scene I've ever seen would have to be Mordin in ME3. I accually started shouting at the game as it was happening, and I've never done that before, despite not really caring for Mordin much before that. But the funniest so far would have to be Steel's death in Borderlands 1, althought I have a feeling that Jack's in BL 2 will be better.

prophecy2514

Nov 7, 2011
In the Movies - probably Boromir's death at the hand of Lurtz in LOTR fellowship of the ring

For games..
I loved John Marsten's final stand in red dead. Tragic, sad and very memorable

Porygon-2000

I have a green hat! Why?!
Jul 14, 2010
Frollo

I found that scene to be just epic, and the fact that it was one of the more explicit disney deaths certainly helped!

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Ever heard of American Mcgee's "Scrapland"? It was good fun.

In it, everyone's a robot, and everyone has their "soul" downloaded to the central mainframe, so if they can spare the money, death is a mild inconvenience instead of... well, death.

Until someone starts removing "souls" from the mainframe.

Then the deaths get way, WAAAAAAY darker.

-a robot is cooked to death in boiling oil as he screams for mercy.

-a robot is caught by the murderer while doing bench presses. He gets his arms sheared off as he screams and cries in agony, and then gets his head smashed off by his own arms.

-a robot is picked up and tossed into a recycler, slowly shredded and he howls in agony. The scene ends with his sheared-off head staring at the camera in a death mask.

This is a game my parents bought me when I was twelve.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
Comics: Superman, because I hate Supes, and seeing him be slowly beaten to death by Doomsday was very pleasant
Videogames: Still gotta go with Marston. No other game has made me react the same. I literally said aloud "I don't deserve this" and couldn't even bring myself to shoot back
Movies: Neo. Fuck you all, that was the perfect ending to that series. Except for the fucking Architect/Oracle sum-up at the end. But The Wicker Man is a close second. "Oh Jesus! Oh Jesus Christ!"
Books: I can't remember the name of it, but I read this amazing short story that ended with the death of the main character, as a result of his own altruistic actions. Fantastic
TV: #2's death in The Prisoner

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Babylon 5, John Sheridans visit to Z'ha'dum. For anyone who hasn't watched Babylon 5, the quick version of the story is that John Sheridan decides that he would rather leap to his death than spend another moment with his wife and to make sure she gets the point he nukes her from space.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Colossus, from X-Men. He didn't die in battle, he didn't die doing anything you'd expect a superhero to die from. But he died the sort of death his character deserved. It was right.

Then they ret-conned it away, like they always do.

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
Video Games: Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Comic Books: the death of the Maestro at the end of "Future Imperfect" was my favorite until they ruined it by bringing him back. Pfeh. Death is a revolving door in comics.

Movies: Donnie Darko, in the movie of the same name.

Books: the sacrifice at the end of The Stand is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. Taking all the evil people with you is a hell of a way to go.

CMDDarkblade

Jun 14, 2010
SagaciousRyu said:
I'm surprised no one else posted this already, but the end of Cowboy Bebop.

See you, space cowboy.
That's because he didn't die; he just fell asleep like all the rest of the paragons of humanity to wait for their time to wake up when the world needs them once again.

Eldrig

Apr 25, 2011
Getting smashed into orbit by the giants in Skyrim. One of the best glitches they chose not to fix.