Favorite Death Scene

Apr 24, 2009
Obi-Wan Kenobi's death in Star Wars. The first time I saw that (I was about 5, mind you) I literally jumped off the couch and yelled "NO!"

TheSentinel

May 10, 2008
seb2net said:
In PHANTASMAGORIA: A PUZZLE OF THE FLESH!!! a guy gets his hands pierced with pancils, mouth stapled shut with an industrial stapler and finally cut from stem to stern with a box cutter. All live action!!

edit: AN, not A
Milton, NO!

Besides, it's PHANTASMAGORIA 2!

seb2net

Aug 19, 2009
Sentinel10 said:
seb2net said:
In PHANTASMAGORIA: A PUZZLE OF THE FLESH!!! a guy gets his hands pierced with pancils, mouth stapled shut with an industrial stapler and finally cut from stem to stern with a box cutter. All live action!!

Milton, NO!

A puzzle of flesh IS number 2, there's just no number in the title. Also: His name is Bob. ;)

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
JemJar said:
Geeky as it is: the death of Sturm Brightblade at the end of Dragons of Winter Night (second of the original Dragonlance books).

I really wish I had a cooler death moment to reference, I really do.
I completely agree. I still hate the fact, but I admit: I did cry. He was the best character in the series dammit! Aside from the mage, Raislin I think his name was.

My other favourite death scene was...
Tarathiel from the Hunter's Blades trilogy. Though I hate that such an awesome character was killed by an overpowered orc >_<

BuckminsterF

Mar 5, 2008
Not really a death, but on the TV show Breaking Bad a character leaves a dissolving dead body in acid in a bathtub on a second floor and while going back upstairs to check on it, the ceiling collapses in a deluge of blood (made me chuckle).

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
Watch Gran Torino to the end. You'll understand.

Clint Eastwood takes his lighter out of his pocket. The gang he's confronting thinks that he's drawing a gun, and shoots him, earning all of them a one-way ticket to prison.

[small]Yes! First working spoiler tag![/small]

Nov 28, 2007
Sentinel10 said:
seb2net said:

Milton, NO!

Besides, it's PHANTASMAGORIA 2!
Actually, the title doesn't have a 2 in it. Trust me, I just saw an LP done a couple days ago. And that was a heck of a death scene.

Besides that one, I'd have to say that, for the awesome effect, I'd have to say
Colin Salmon getting sliced by lasers gets my vote.

For the punch-to-the-gut effect,
the mercy kill of the Nina-chimera and the death of Lt. Col/Brig. Gen. Hughes
both drove me to near-tears. Actually, I think I did cry a bit on the last one.

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
xmetatr0nx said:
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, charging out to meet the Bolivian army in a hail of bullets. Thats just too awesome not to mention.
Legendary film :)

I'd say one of the saddest deaths would be the one in Black Hawk Down, when they have the Ranger on that table in that kitchen, and they're all fighting for his life. But its not enough, and he dies.

I think my favorite death scene ever, is the one from the Wild Bunch. Its so epic, so brutal, and so dramatic, that I cant really thnk of anything else to compare it to.

JemJar

Feb 17, 2009
shewolf51 said:
JemJar said:
Geeky as it is: the death of Sturm Brightblade at the end of Dragons of Winter Night (second of the original Dragonlance books).

I completely agree. I still hate the fact, but I admit: I did cry. He was the best character in the series dammit! Aside from the mage, Raislin I think his name was.
[small]Me too.[/small]

And it was Raistlin.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
JemJar said:
shewolf51 said:
JemJar said:

[small]Me too.[/small]

And it was Raistlin.
I was only off by a letter! Which is pretty good since I haven't read the books since five years ago.

Braxton

Aug 19, 2009
I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet, but you can't forget
Kamina. It was tragic :(