Favorite Death Scene

crimsonyte

Aug 12, 2009
So, what's everyone's most memorable death scene?

I think death scenes in games/movies/novels should always leave a lasting impact on the viewer. If it didn't, then I feel that the character wasn't developed enough and a connection was never establish. To me, a memorable death scene should solicit some form of strong emotions, enough to cause you to scream at the scene or consider boycotting the game/book/movie. For me, I consider the death in FF7 memorable, but the death in the last Matrix movie pointless.

One of most memorable death for me is in Code Geass when Leloch dies. It showed that he never deviated from his ultimate goal, the music set the perfect mood, and his sister humanized him for all his past actions.

The other most memorable death came from David Eddings' book series The Elenium when Kurik. I didn't touch the book for a week after I read the death chapter.

Mother Yeti

May 31, 2008
I felt really bad when Bowser died in Super Mario Bros. All he did was fall in love with a woman from a different background.

trelloskilos

Mar 11, 2009
The one that I'll always remember for the wrong reasons, was Trinity's death in the Matrix III, where she get's skewered by loads of poles.

The film was boring & overlong, but that death scene had the whole cinema giggling...in part because some wit said 'How's that for a Holey Trinity', and about five minutes after, while she's still delivering her soliliquy, someone else said 'Jesus! Just fucking die, and we can get on with the movie'

Other cool notable screen deaths

The drug deal gone badly wrong with chainsaw & shower from Scarface
Dennis Hopper 'Your Mother was an Eggplant' speech from True Romance
The Winkies guy recalling his dream & going to the back of the diner in Mulholland Drive
The teacher packing her stuff away in Final Destination
The very first 5 minutes of Cube

Ermmm....

JemJar

Feb 17, 2009
Geeky as it is: the death of Sturm Brightblade at the end of Dragons of Winter Night (second of the original Dragonlance books).

I really wish I had a cooler death moment to reference, I really do.

seb2net

Aug 19, 2009
In PHANTASMAGORIA: A PUZZLE OF THE FLESH!!! a guy gets his hands pierced with pancils, mouth stapled shut with an industrial stapler and finally cut from stem to stern with a box cutter. All live action!!

edit: AN, not A

henrebotha

Jan 29, 2009
Mike Mikke
in Death Proof.

Seriously, it was so completely unexpected. I laughed my ass off. It was wonderful.

EDIT:

Dr.Poisonfreak said:
paris hilton in house of wax, i have never laughed so hard in my life
Hell yes!

nick4118

Jun 4, 2009
The narrator in the musical hint.
Also Captain Marvel in Kingdom Come, he grabs a nuke.

Peanut Butter

May 19, 2009
Kurt's death in the halo book: Ghosts of Onyx, that whole paragraph where he dies defending the hill, epic.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Cavil's death in Battlestar Galactica, something about it just strikes me as a slightly funny. The way he yells "Frak!" like he just spilt milk or something before eatting a bullet.

lolmynamewastaken

Jun 9, 2009
i wanted the one from collatoral to be alot better than it was, i mean i so saw a pulmet death coming...
but the best one would probably be sean beans in golden eye, that was just fantastic.
or sean bean in equilibrium

LilGherkin

Aug 15, 2008
The very end when Matt Damon's character is shot by Mark Whalberg's character. I like it because it sets the film on the note that the bad guy didn't get away

CaptainCrunch

Imp-imation Department
Jul 21, 2008
Funny:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5cghBcrR2E

Sad / Serious:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlrX3bwQ2rk

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
These are the best death scenes in Cinema history.