Favorite Discontinued snack/drink?

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
XinfiniteX said:
Lift PLus energy drink and goddamn Pop Tarts! I want them back!
You need to take a trip to the US, I can go to any reasonably sized grocery store and find a section with at least 15 flavors of Pop Tarts.

Sonic Doctor

Jan 9, 2010
MystryMeet said:
TrevorGruen said:
Those still exist too. I can get em at my local gas station mart.
I will freakin' pay you two hundred dollars all you have to do is buy me one hundred twenty dollars worth of Bugels....or other arrangements can be made....
I wish I could help. Bugels are so in where I'm at they're even going into the weird we are experimenting phase. Example: Chocolate and Peanut Butter covered Bugels. Don't know what they are like, I think my brother took them before I got the chance to try them. They probably taste like every other experiment snack food I have tried, okay, but not great.

badgersprite said:
And Cherry Coke. It's not sold here anymore.
Wow, I always wanted to go to Australia, but now I don't know. From this thread, it seems that Australia doesn't get even the most common place snacks and foods that the US has.

I mean, just the other day I got two different kinds of Tim Tam from the supermarket.

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
captaincabbage said:
Mr. Omega said:
Vanilla Coke. I think it's still continued, but it's almost impossible to find. I just found a case of it yesterday, and there were only like 2 cases of it.
You think that's hard to find? I haven't had Cherry Coke in about four years and every time I see a bottle of Coke I start jonesing for it.

OT: Either Cherry Coke (discontinued in Australia) or Dr. Pepper. Dr. Pepper is so damn hard to find in Australia it's almost unbearable. The first time my mate went to America he tasted Dr. Pepper and immediately bought a slab of it to bring back and I've been hooked ever since.

Luckily there is a tiny candy store in Greensborough Plaza on the first store that sells lots of candies and goodness from across the seas, chief of which is Dr. Pepper.
Dr. Pepper was impossible to find in New Zealand two years ago too. Then you could find it in niche shops. Now in the last year it's starting to appear everywhere (along with A&W Root Beer). They're brewing it in Asia now so it shouldn't be too long before it becomes common in Australia too.

Cherry Coke (from the US) appeared in my local supermarket three weeks ago. The future is here.

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
Sonic Doctor said:
XinfiniteX said:
You need to take a trip to the US, I can go to any reasonably sized grocery store and find a section with at least 15 flavors of Pop Tarts.
Waaaah awwww! Damn! Anyone wanna ship some to me :D:D:D

Csae

Sep 8, 2010
Frosted Cheerios...

Whyyyyy have you forsaken me soo!

I used to buy a box like everyweek and mix them with Nesquick cereal together.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
TrevorGruen said:
So no crystal pepsi fans eh? I still wish they would bring it back so i could try it. I was a kid of the 90's so i never got to try it out.
It was the exact same taste as pepsi only looked like water, you missed nothing.

Sonic Doctor

Jan 9, 2010
Owyn_Merrilin said:
For me it's those little wax bottles that had the juice inside. I know you can still get them online and in specialty candy stores, but that's going way out of my way to get something that used to be sold at most gas stations. I would also have listed Vanilla Coke, but my university somehow managed to get a supply of it. And then there's Surge, but if SomethingAmazing is right in saying Vault is the same thing, I have all you can drink access to it at any dining hall on campus.

Actually, some gas stations do sell those wax things, one right next door to my grandpa's house. Every time I was at his house as a kid, I would walk over and get whatever candy I wanted, and chicken nuggets that were far better than any fast food nugget.

And if I remember correctly, I also saw those wax things recently at a Kroger near me, or a Wal-Mart super store. I went to both in the same day, so I'm not sure.

TrevorGruen said:
stone0042 said:
Yahoo chocolate milk. Can't find it anywhere, but damn I loved that stuff as a kid.
Check in the soda aisle, its still widley available (atleast it is in FLORIDA!)
Indiana checking in, we have yoo-hoo chocolate milk, unless there is something else called Yahoo(I thought that was a search engine =) )

ThePostalDude said:
super-sized fries from McDonald's (the one item on the menu I still like)
Yup, nobody can super-size anymore. "It's not healthy" Now, we have to pay extra for another size fry to make up for the loss.

On that note, KFC's popcorn chicken. They use to have three sizes: Individual, Large, and Party.

Now large is the same size as what the individual use to be(no individual anymore), and I'm not even sure if we can still get Party.

Stop regulating my portions government, they're stupid to think that it would stop me from eating what I want. I'll pay the extra money to get a double order; the only time I go to get fast food is when I have the extra money.

Sonic Doctor

Jan 9, 2010
XinfiniteX said:
Sonic Doctor said:
XinfiniteX said:
Waaaah awwww! Damn! Anyone wanna ship some to me :D:D:D
Wish I could, but I have never shipped a package in my life. I bet you could find a way to order them online. Check Amazon.com, I know you can order all types of food on there.

Edit: Yup, check Amazon, I stopped at page six, but there are more pages.

Goody

Jan 2, 2011
Mr. Omega said:
Vanilla Coke.
Ninja'd, and it's not available in the UK at all now, much to my annoyance, one of my friends found some in Germany and brought it back for me last year though

elcamino41383

Mar 24, 2009
emeraldrafael said:
Aylaine said:
I'm not sure if it's discontinued, but they don't sell it around here anymore and that's close enough for me:" Mountain Dew Code Red. That was a gooood soda. x.x
Its still sold here too. And its not even season like Live or whatever the orange one is.

its not pepsi crystal, but pepsi blue. It was the only pepsi I ever drank except for cherry.

EDIT:
for those that have no idea what i'm talking about (because appearantly its a myth or soemthing):
http://yuzuriha.seesaa.net/image/pepsi_blue.jpg
I miss Pepsi Blue too *cries* That stuff was amazing! Since you mentioned what I was going to, I'm going to say Amazing Fruit Gummi Bears. I can't find them anymore!

Hader said:
I remember some local store brand cranberry-lime soda that was just fucking delicious.

I have the last two bottles of it in existence in my fridge. I do not know when I will drink them...though I imagine, a good friend or someone will drink one of them and we will enjoy a nice time on the beach or something. Heh
Isn't that the Christmas time Sierra Mist?

TrevorGruen said:
So no crystal pepsi fans eh? I still wish they would bring it back so i could try it. I was a kid of the 90's so i never got to try it out.
I thought I was the only one...but come to find after reading a few more posts, I'm not! yay!

Sadly I don't have the time to read through 3 more pages of posts but I've noticed a few others I seem to have forgotten and am reminded that I miss them. THANKS ASSHOLES! *runs off crying because he can no longer have the tasty goodness of his snacks and drinks*

Sonic Doctor

Jan 9, 2010
octafish said:
Well Pollywaffles, I miss Pollywaffles. It's an Australian thing, you wouldn't understand.
Never heard of it of course, but I can think of a stupid commercial that could be done for it. It would involve a parrot.

Someone would ask the parrot, "Polly want a cracker."

Parrot: "Araaaat, no, Polly want a waffle."

I know it's bad, but the image came right to my mind when I read "Pollywaffles".

Gnarynhar

Jan 9, 2010
Sonic Doctor said:
octafish said:
Well Pollywaffles, I miss Pollywaffles. It's an Australian thing, you wouldn't understand.
Never heard of it of course, but I can think of a stupid commercial that could be done for it. It would involve a parrot.

Someone would ask the parrot, "Polly want a cracker."

Parrot: "Araaaat, no, Polly want a waffle."

I know it's bad, but the image came right to my mind when I read "Pollywaffles".
Wafer tube filled with marshmallow and covered in chocolate. Was awesome, I can't believe Nestle canned it, those bastards.

Sonic Doctor

Jan 9, 2010
XT inc said:
Does anyone know the name of an old cereal from the 90's maybe it was canada only but it was like cereal squares and some had fruit paste in them? I missed those... But living in canada with their nazi food bans is crazy, they took away Trix, cherry coke,vanilla coke, dozens of other soft drinks and snacks and we never even got four lokos up here, I miss thems they were good people.
Why did they ban all those things? What did they think they were poison? If they banned cherry coke and other common drinks and snacks in the US, there would be rioting.