Favorite/Least Favorite Final Fantasy Protagonist

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
Wondermint13 said:
Favourite(s): Lulu 10, Yuna 10 Irvine 8
Lulu, just because ok!!!! Yuna made me cry so she gets a cookie and Irvine I just couldnt hate.

Least Favourite(s) Quina 9, Yuffie 7, Selphie 8
Yuffie is f***ing irritating and steals my materia, Selphie just doesnt fit in with anything and Quina... well.. yeh, You all know why.
i dont whats wrong with Quina

ChippedShoulder

Nov 10, 2010
Favorite: Tidus and Auron, as a duo they had some of the best scenes IMO, although I did love the entire cast of X.
Least Favorite: Quina... just, shudder.

hctib_elttil

Sep 24, 2010
thumbs up: Cecil for being a real character with good growth
Edgar for being a hilarious womanising letch

thumbs down: i cannot type vaan and whats her name fast enough to express how much i hated them

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Favorite: Cloud and Cecil - They both develop quite nicely as characters. Cloud is serious without being brooding due to his sense of humor (though he has every right to be brooding if he were). His journey for his identity and his rivalry with Sephiroth make for some of the best dynamics in the series.

Cecil's quest for redemption makes for a compelling journey. He was arguably the first FF protagonist with actual depth and inner conflict. He paved the way for the rest of the truly great FF heroes.

Least Favorite: Squall, Vaan, Lightning - Squall is just another teenager trying to pretend that he's an adult with issues; the guy is just an unlikeable kid who has no redeeming qualities. Even his weapons sucks.
Lightning is just like Squall; she tries so hard to be a "tough" girl that she comes off as a self-righteous, selfish ***** who reveals her shallowness whenever she tries to convey any other emotions.
Vaan is bad in a different way; he's incredibly bland with no reason for being in the narrative. And this is mostly because HE WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE IN XII. He forced on the team by executive meddling because the suits thought that players couldn't relate to Basch. Yeah, BASCH would have been the hero. THAT would have been awesome.

RogerKevin

Oct 3, 2010
Objectively speaking

Cloud > Balthier > Tifa > Squall > Basch > Cecil > Cid Pollendina > Sazh > Galuf > Quistis > Yuffie > Edgar > Zidane > Vincent > Zack > Kain > Warrior of Light > Cyan > Vivi > Selphie > Red XIII > Cid Highwind > Tellah > Rydia > Tidus > Setzer > Firion > Locke > Edge > Rikku > Sabin > Palom > Strago > Gau > Yang > Auron > Mog > Paine > Rosa > Relm > Bartz > Fang > Barret > Edward > Steiner > Terra > Celes > Gogo > Porom > Hope > Aerith > Yuna > Vaan > Onion Knight > Umaro > Freya > Fran > Quina > Lulu > Irvine > Snow > Wakka > Penelo > Lightning > Vanille > Zell > Cait Sith > Ashe

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
Favorite: Fang and Paine (I can't choose, both are awesome and sexy)
Least favorite: Tidus (He's an annoying, whiny ***** with daddy issues.) Hope and Vanille also grate on my nerves equally.

OliverTwist72

Nov 22, 2010
Ramza from FFT and then Auron or Vincent.

Least Favorite: Hope, god its the only time I muted the tv whenever he was talking. He's just so frustratingly stereotypical of a Japanese archetype of a whiny little ***** (thats a mouthful, and probably improper english as well...meh).

Mar 28, 2011
Fav = Zidane from text series. He isn't trying to be anyone else. More importantly he isn't an annoying whiny *female dog*.

Tidus from post thumb blister era; from 6 hours dialogue scenes. During which I must press x at 3 seconds intervals.

Hated = Squall.... and cat saith, Quina. Final fantasy doesn't need silly characters.... If we wanted to play hello kitty or space station 9... we would be playing that.

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
Favorite(s): Balthier of XII, and Paine of X-2. Both were very enjoyable characters, and the most fun to play in battle.

Least favorite: Tidus. I will not go on about this, since I'd probably just be rehashing other complaints.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
acidk44 said:
KefkaCultist said:
SalamanderJoe said:
Best villan on a side note is Kefka - not only because of his story, but I beilieve he's still the only Final Fantasy bad guy to desire to be a God, AND succeeds. [sub](sorry if thats a spoiler but it has FF6 has been out two decades now...)[/sub]
Don't forget that after achieving that godhood he also destroys the entire world and retains that power for a long time unlike certain silver haired antagonists who maybe get a taste of power before being struck down by an emo punk. :p
You sir in all fairness ... I hate. (even if you are entitle to your opinion)
[a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyZoe-r9qb0"]Mwahaha![/a]

I don't hate Sephiroth, in fact he shares half my avatar with Kefka, but I like to tease it a lot.

It's like a sports rivalry: If you like one then it is commonly accepted to harbor strong, oppositional feelings towards the other for the sake of competition even if you may not actually have those strong feelings.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Favorite Males: Zidane, Cecil

Favorie Females: Freya, Yuna (Y'know the two that actually act like women)

Least Favorite Males: Cloud (And not for the typical reasons, I just find his...dilemmea to overcome a little weak after all the moping in the first place), Tidus (Dude your personality... dear god)

Least Favorite Females: Lightning, I don't find her interesting in the least. Sorry. Yuffie gets an honorable mention but seems to get it together post FF7 and in the KH-verse.

kellith1stnonly

Feb 24, 2011
Favorites: Cid Highwind, without a doubt, than Auron and probably Sephiroth.

Guess I like the bad-asses. :p Interesting side-note: Cid used to be my least favorite character in VII, but I guess he just gradually grew on me.

Least Favorites: Even though I don't /hate/ any characters, I was the least interested in Quina-- he/she was pretty pointless. I might put down Hope if I actually played XIII, but I've only seen my boyfriend play it at this point.

redrefugee

Dec 8, 2010
Favourites- Cloud, Vivi, Edgar, Rinoa maybe Sazh (I never picked him and his dialogue was terrible: blah, blah, blah old, old old. But his motivation was a primary reason why I liked him)

Hated - Everyone in FF8 except Rinoa, Vaan, everyone in xiii (see Sazh above). Wakka and Tidus were also annoying.

rockthebungles

May 31, 2011
Favourites..Zidane, Vivi, Garnet/Dagger, Fang, Terra, Locke, Rydia, Cecil, Quistis, Hope, Wakka

Dislikes..Squall, Rinoa, Tifa, Seymour, Tidus, Gau

I'm not into explanations, so if I like a character or dislike a character I rafter not explain the reasons.

Detective Prince

Feb 6, 2011
I love Cecil. I honestly felt my heart go out to him especially where Kain and Rosa was concerned.

I hated Vaan though, spent the whole game wishing I'd lose fights to watch him die. XD

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
Heh...funny how quick this thread turned into a "favorite/ least favorite FF CHARACTER".

Guys...technically speaking every FF has only ONE PROTAGONIST. The rest is supporting cast with differing levels of importance.

I have only played FF VII-XII (excluding XI and X-2). So that's Cloud, Squall, Zidane, Tidus and Vaan. To me they all suck to varying degrees, but Zidane sucks the least...he's actually not all that bad.

Now as for interesting FF party characters: FF VII's Red XIII, FF VIII's Laguna (dream sequences), FF IX's Vivi, FF X's Auron and FF XII's Balthier.

Least interesting FF party characters: FF VII's Yuffie/ Cait Sith (tie), FF VIII's Zell/ Selphie (tie), FF IX's Eiko, FF X's Kimahri and FF XII's Penelo.

But that's just me.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Out of all the playable characters;
Favorite: Red XIII and Auron.
Eh, they're both pretty cool guys and doesn't afraid of anything.

Least favorite: Well... It's a tie between everyone except Fang in FFXIII, everyone in FFXII, Rikku and Tidus.

As for the protagonists I guess Squall is my favorite(don't judge me, it was my first FF game so I was constantly filled with awe!) and Tidus is my least favorite.