Favorite RPG game of all time

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
Mass Effect series.
Dragon Age series (yes, DA2 included.)
World of Warcraft.

I'm tempted to also say Fallout 3 and/or Oblivion but I've always ended up resenting Bethesda games in the end.

HerbertTheHamster

Apr 6, 2009
Fallout 2
Baldur's gate
Deo ex

syrus27 said:
Daedalus1942 said:
Gill Kaiser said:
Baldur's Gate 2, Morrowind, Mass Effect 2.
Mass effect II is not an RPG.
Sorry for a double post but:

RPG is a role playing game, just because Mass Effect 2 did away with about half the stats and the little dress up game with your companions doesn't make it any less of a Role Playing Game, it's just a more action orientated one.
I'd call it action-adventure. RPG is used for D&D and the like, games like ME2 need a new sub-genre.

P.Tsunami

Feb 21, 2010
Planescape: Torment.
Fallout 2.
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

They don't make 'em like they used to.

8-Bit Grin said:
San Andreas gets an honorable mention due to it's rudimentary stats.
In that case, I think FIFA 11 and Modern Warfare 2 are teh best RPGs ever. Derp.

Nimzar

Nov 30, 2009
*Glances at avatar*

Um... Baldur's Gate II...

though if you separate jRPG and wRPG into two genres then the jRPG winner is Chrono Trigger

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
KOTOR, Golden Sun (to me it was the perfect game that didn't had save points and wasn't complicated) and Phantasy Star Online episode 1 & 2.

Mutie

Feb 2, 2009
babinro said:
Tales of Symphonia and Final Fantasy 6
Heads up to the Tales of Symphonia, dude.
As for myself, it would probably have to be Fallout 3 or Fable 2. I know there's some contention over the Fable series, but I honestly think it's one of the most immersive and varied RPGs put there: It may seem a bit linear, but half the game is finding the content in the world design itself. As for Fallout 3, I played that damn thing to death... I don't think there's many more RPGs more gratifying, or which support a world design so fantastic. It truly is a work of art.

So my choice will have to be... The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
KotOR and Mass Effect 1/2 here.

Daedalus1942 said:
Mass effect II is not an RPG.
Action RPG is still RPG. And considering you said System Shock 2, you really don't have much of an argument.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Vampire: the masquerade .... for owod pnps kick arse (not that the nwod is bad, quite alot of fun).

Computer games? Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment, V:tM Bloodlines, Morrowind (and it's expansions), Blood Bowl is *alot* of fun (go dark elves!), Neverwinter Nights (+ expansions and infinite dungeons.. co-op bliss that one), Mass Effect, hmmmm, oh, and Temple of Elemental Evil.