Favorite Sci-fi space vessel/captain?

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
Many space based science fiction movies and books and games have two things in common.

A: A kick ass ship
B: And a kick ass captain.

I would make it a poll but i know theres bound to be more examples then i could think of.

So i ask you, what is your favorite ship from sci-fi and in extension your favorite captain?

Mine has to be a tie between the Normandy and Shepard (Mass Effect) and the Enterprise under kirk (Star trek)

It's kind of the same though since the Normandy, while being a stealth war vessel instead of an exploration based ship has a lot of homage moments to the enterprise (It blowing up and being rebuilt, stealing it, etc)

So for me they are both my favorites if that makes sense.

So, what about you guys?

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
I saw your avatar and knew you'd have already taken my answer.

Other good answers include captain picard, with so much backbone they had to cut a section out of his chair to accomodate it, and Col Caldwell in stargate for being Mitch Pileggi.

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
Kukulski said:
Pirx the Pilot and whatever ship he's on.

I wonder if anyone knows what I'm talking about.
No idea sorry xD

Zantos said:

Other good answers include captain picard, with so much backbone they had to cut a section out of his chair to accommodate it, and Col Caldwell in stargate for being Mitch Pileggi.
Heh :D

But which picard, the movie or TV version??

CommanderKirov

Oct 3, 2010
Kukulski said:

Stanislaw Lem.

And I'm afraid I would have to go with Jean Luc Picard of the U.S.S Enterprise. from TV as well.

THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!

Azex

Jan 17, 2011
Kukulski said:

Farscape?

i think ill go with Mel and Serenity

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
I'll be different and say Babylon 5, Captain Sheridan. Sure it's a space station, but... whatever.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Saviordd1 said:
Zantos said:

Other good answers include captain picard, with so much backbone they had to cut a section out of his chair to accommodate it, and Col Caldwell in stargate for being Mitch Pileggi.
Heh :D

But which picard, the movie or TV version??
Oooooh hard choice, I'm going to go for TV version, but that's not saying I don't love him in the films too.

Also

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
Either Han Solo or Mal. Tough choice. I grew up with Han Solo but have really enjoyed Firefly lately