Favorite videogame one liner.

AdamxD

Mar 5, 2012
"Well I say pray harder, cause it ain't working!" - Left 4 Dead 2 trailer. Just works so well.

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
"I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than you!"

Is truly the one I remeber the best, seeing as every damn npc would remind me of it (TES 4: Oblivion)

redrefugee

Dec 8, 2010
Loads from Portal 2 (and Portal but they've been quoted enough) i.e

GLaDOS: "Most people emerge from suspension terribly undernourished. I want to congratulate you on beating the odds and somehow managing to pack on a few pounds."

GLaDOS: I feel awful about that surprise. Tell you what, let's give your parents a call right now.
[phone dialing and ringing; in a stranger, lower voice]
GLaDOS: The birth parents you are trying to reach do not love you. Please hang up.
[Dial tone; normal voice]
GLaDOS: Oh, that's sad. But impressive. Maybe they worked at the phone company.

GLaDOS: You look ugly in that jumpsuit. That's not my opinion; it's right here on your fact sheet. They said on everyone else it looked fine, but on you, it looked hideous. But still what does an old engineer know about fashion? Oh, wait, it's a she. Still, what does she know about - oh, wait. She has a medical degree. In fashion. From France.

Cave Johnson: Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
"Oh my god, JC a bomb!"
"A Bomb!"

redrefugee said:
Loads from Portal 2 (and Portal but they've been quoted enough) i.e

GLaDOS: "Most people emerge from suspension terribly undernourished. I want to congratulate you on beating the odds and somehow managing to pack on a few pounds."

GLaDOS: I feel awful about that surprise. Tell you what, let's give your parents a call right now.
[phone dialing and ringing; in a stranger, lower voice]
GLaDOS: The birth parents you are trying to reach do not love you. Please hang up.
[Dial tone; normal voice]
GLaDOS: Oh, that's sad. But impressive. Maybe they worked at the phone company.

GLaDOS: You look ugly in that jumpsuit. That's not my opinion; it's right here on your fact sheet. They said on everyone else it looked fine, but on you, it looked hideous. But still what does an old engineer know about fashion? Oh, wait, it's a she. Still, what does she know about - oh, wait. She has a medical degree. In fashion. From France.

Cave Johnson: Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out.
Ha! Anything said in Portal/Portal 2 by anyone is instantly pure gold.

"Well done. Here are the test results: You are a horrible person. I'm serious, that's what it says: "A horrible person." We weren't even testing for that."

"Good work getting this far, future-starter! That said, if you are simple-minded, old, or irradiated in such a way that the future should not start with you, please return to your primitive tribe and send back someone better-qualified for testing."

These are two of my favourites. Literally cracked up when I heard these.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Kingdom Hearts! Fill me with the power of Darkness!

Also, pretty much anything Teddie says in Persona 4. Like:

Just say the word and it's bear time!

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
"Well... Looks like all my plans have gone out the window."

-That Almost Final Boss Guy From Bayonetta. That was so James Bondishly bad it was awesome. Why can't I remember his damn name!? I'm usually so good with names!

"I fail to see the logic here!"

-and that rest of that entire scene from Dante in DMC4

"Yup! That tasted purple!"

-Lulu from League of Legends. She's a trolltastic kill denying/kill enabling champion and she's funny as hell. That's a winning combo!

"Symptoms may include headaches, nausea and death!

-Valentine from Skullgirls

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Strain42 said:
"Forsake the land to see the sea...see?" ~ Penguin Pirate - Legend of Mana
That would be "Forsake the lake to see the sea...see?" from Legend of Mana, "Gorgon Eye" mission. Thank you PS3 fo having that classic!

OT:

"NO ONE can stop me now!" Sprite, Secret of Mana - after receiving magic from Undine.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
Strain42 said:
"Forsake the land to see the sea...see?" ~ Penguin Pirate - Legend of Mana
That would be "Forsake the lake to see the sea...see?" from Legend of Mana, "Gorgon Eye" mission. Thank you PS3 fo having that classic!

OT:

"NO ONE can stop me now!" Sprite, Secret of Mana - after receiving magic from Undine.
GAK! I knew I got that wrong.

Ah well, lotta great quotes in that game.

fish iron4

Dec 6, 2010
"I have began my voyage in a paper boat without a bottom, I will fly to the moon in it." (dear Esther) there was more to that but I forgot, and its full of amazing lines like that anyway.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
No TF2 lines? Sigh.

"I'll be all over ya like shingles!"
"Frankly, I already don't remember this."
"I am owning you, you fat... bald... bastard!"
"Start prayin'."

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!"
Oh, Dracula. You crazy bastard...

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Dutch: "Like the good book says, pay back's a *****!"

Mickey: "I don't think it actually says that, Dutch..."

Dutch: "I'm paraphrasing, ya heathen!"

Halo 3: ODST