Feast Your Eyes On The Latest Captain America Trailer

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Feast Your Eyes On The Latest Captain America Trailer

A new trailer for Captain America has just surfaced, and it seems safe to assume that it's going to continue the run of solid Marvel movies this summer.

Captain America is due out in theaters next month, and it's been generally assumed/hoped that it'll be pretty decent, based on all the early information that's surfaced so far. That said, there hasn't been a trailer that really showed off what the movie's going to be like. Until now, that is. Oh, and it looks great.

This new trailer does a really nice view of giving a general overview to what the movie is going to be about. It shows Steve Rogers's feeble beginnings, how he stands out from his fellow soldiers thanks to his inner strength, what he becomes, and who he'll end up fighting against (side note: How great does the Red Skull look?). Not only that, but the footage looks pretty lush, though that's unsurprising, considering director Joe Johnston's movies tend to look brilliant (even if the scripts aren't always that solid).

Marvel's had a really good summer so far when it comes to movies. <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/3170-Thor>Thor was fun, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/3371-X-Men-First-Class>X-Men: First Class was great, and it looks like Captain America could very well be the best of the three. If nothing else, we certainly know it's going to be a helluvalot better than <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/3557-Green-Lantern>Green Lantern.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
I am watching the shit out of this when it's released. Marvel have really knocked it out of the park with the Avengers films so far.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
Looks damn good. Not very surprising, given the director. Johnston has always turned out entertaining movies. Maybe not 'classic' material, but everything he's handled (Wolfman doesn't count, because he came in late into production) has been pretty darn good.

Also, Hugo Weaving makes anything awesome.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
That is one awesome trailer! Red mask looks awesome!

So that's Iron Man, Thor, Captain America...now i wonder who the other Avengers will be. If they are going for the original ones, then fair enough, but i would LOVE to see Spidey and Wolverine. (although somehow i doubt it will happen =\ )I mean come on, that's comedy gold right there xD Spidey's sarcastic humour mixed with Wolverines xD hehe

Just for the record, who are the other original Avengers? I know Antman was and i'm pretty sure Hawk Eye was as well, but i aint sure on the others =\

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Great trailer. It looks like its going to be a really good movie.

Not really sure how it is going to do internationally though.

arc1991 said:
So that's Iron Man, Thor, Captain America...now i wonder who the other Avengers will be. If they are going for the original ones, then fair enough, but i would LOVE to see Spidey and Wolverine. (although somehow i doubt it will happen =\ )I mean come on, that's comedy gold right there xD Spidey's sarcastic humour mixed with Wolverines xD hehe
pretty sure the first Avengers Roster is going to be Cap, Thor, Iron Man, the Hulk, Hawkeye, and Black Widow. The Spiderman and X-men franchises are both tangled up with Fox right now so they cant legally show up. The whole reason for the X-men and Spiderman reboots was because Fox doesn't want the rights to collapse back to Marvel and Marvel has been hungrily waiting for the contract with fox to collapse so that they can get the rights back and stick them in with the rest of the movie universe.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
ChildofGallifrey said:
Looks damn good. Not very surprising, given the director. Johnston has always turned out entertaining movies. Maybe not 'classic' material, but everything he's handled (Wolfman doesn't count, because he came in late into production) has been pretty darn good.

And Tommy-Lee Jones, can't forget him! xD

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
It looks promising, they already have a history of successful comic book movies (Origins of the Avengers), but the damn character still annoys me.
I just don't like THAT kind of a superhero.
He isn't SUPER, he is MUTATED.
That isn't super.

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
I applaud their use of Tool musicsmithery (shut up it's a thing!) The movie looks silly enough to be interesting, can't wait for it to come out.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Its good to see Captain Britain and those other Howling Commando guys getting a cameo even if it is only as background characters.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
This makes me want to make very unmanly sounds in excitement or start yelling "F*CK YEAH!" :D

starwarsgeek

Nov 30, 2009
arc1991 said:

Just for the record, who are the other original Avengers? I know Antman was and i'm pretty sure Hawk Eye was as well, but i aint sure on the others =\
I think you're just missing Wasp. I never read the comics, though, so I could be wrong.

Edit: Just checked tvtropes. Hawk Eye was apparently not a founder. And Hulk will be in it too, of course, but who knows if he'll join the team or just be treated as a threat...

As for Wolverine and Spidey--that'd be funny, but the Spider-man movies are owned by Sony, and X-men by Fox, so they'd probably have to jump through a lot of hoops to include them. Besides, the Avengers is going to have a big cast already.

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
The trailer looked pretty awesome, even if I could only focus on the music once it started playing Tool (which went really well with it, I think).

I still probably won't see it in theaters (I just don't like movie theaters) but I'll definitely rent this when it comes out.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
arc1991 said:
ChildofGallifrey said:

And Tommy-Lee Jones, can't forget him! xD
Shame it looks like Richard Armitage will only have a relatively small part as the undercover HYDRA assassin who destroys the super-soldier program. Will somebody please give this guy a leading movie role, he deserves it! Does the BBC show Spooks on it's international channels, because if it does surely somebody would have noticed how good he is a long time ago now.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
This is a movie about a comic book character I never cared for and has blatant American patriotism written all over it... and yet I'm eagerly awaiting this.

Can't wait, and you better be good. ;)

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
starwarsgeek said:
arc1991 said:

I think you're just missing Wasp. I never read the comics, though, so I could be wrong.

Edit: Just checked tvtropes. Hawk Eye was apparently not a founder. And Hulk will be in it too, of course, but who knows if he'll join the team or just be treated as a threat...

As for Wolverine and Spidey--that'd be funny, but the Spider-man movies are owned by Sony, and X-men by Fox, so they'd probably have to jump through a lot of hoops to include them. Besides, the Avengers is going to have a big cast already.
Them movies might be owned by Sony and Fox, but the Characters are owned by Marvel, if Marvel want's to use them, they can go right a head... I think, if not then that's a bit stupid.

ciancon

Waiting patiently.....
Nov 27, 2009
Did they use CG to make Chris Evans look thin and weedy? Because it's creepy.

That is my only complaint, everything else looks AWESOME!!

Brainst0rm

Apr 8, 2010
TheIronRuler said:
It looks promising, they already have a history of successful comic book movies (Origins of the Avengers), but the damn character still annoys me.
I just don't like THAT kind of a superhero.
He isn't SUPER, he is MUTATED.
That isn't super.
So...you like Thor? And Green Lantern?

'Cause every other superhero I can think of is either mutated, or has no actual powers.

Mutated: Hulk, Spider-man, ALL the X-Men.

Not even powers: Superman (he's just a normal alien), Batman, Iron Man.