Feast Your Eyes On The Latest Captain America Trailer

draythefingerless

Jul 10, 2010
Brainst0rm said:
TheIronRuler said:
It looks promising, they already have a history of successful comic book movies (Origins of the Avengers), but the damn character still annoys me.
I just don't like THAT kind of a superhero.
He isn't SUPER, he is MUTATED.
That isn't super.
So...you like Thor? And Green Lantern?

'Cause every other superhero I can think of is either mutated, or has no actual powers.

Mutated: Hulk, Spider-man, ALL the X-Men.

Not even powers: Superman (he's just a normal alien), Batman, Iron Man.
they all have impossible to achieve capabilities. Captain America is achievable. he is simply a human at the top physic. but instead of having to have trained since a baby in every way and aspect to become it, they just injected steroids in him.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
draythefingerless said:
Brainst0rm said:
TheIronRuler said:
It looks promising, they already have a history of successful comic book movies (Origins of the Avengers), but the damn character still annoys me.
That isn't super.

'Cause every other superhero I can think of is either mutated, or has no actual powers.

they all have impossible to achieve capabilities. Captain America is achievable. he is simply a human at the top physic. but instead of having to have trained since a baby in every way and aspect to become it, they just injected steroids in him.
Yes.
The entire damn community of heroes somehow started using radiation rays as a means of bulking up. Oh, Spiderman got bite by a SUPER spider! That's different, right?
Right?
I despise the concept of the Green Lantern.
Thor is just silly.
Superman.... I'm curios, did they state that every other member of his race has his abilities?
Batman is a rich kid hell bent on cleansing the evil what pestres in his city.
With fists and non-violent methods.
Iron-Man is an alcoholic playboy that built a makeshift Gundam bot.
I;m highly disappointed.
Deadppool is a bloke with brain cancer that due to people trying so damn hard to copy Wolverine achieved ultimate regeneration, but the cancer cells continue to grow, making him insane and forget his past memories. He was introduced as a MERCENARY. Is that a super hero?
I'm tired of this crap.

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
arc1991 said:
That is one awesome trailer! Red mask looks awesome!

So that's Iron Man, Thor, Captain America...now i wonder who the other Avengers will be. If they are going for the original ones, then fair enough, but i would LOVE to see Spidey and Wolverine. (although somehow i doubt it will happen =\ )I mean come on, that's comedy gold right there xD Spidey's sarcastic humour mixed with Wolverines xD hehe

Just for the record, who are the other original Avengers? I know Antman was and i'm pretty sure Hawk Eye was as well, but i aint sure on the others =\
Hawkeye showed up in Thor for a very brief cameo.

You know the part in the rain when Thor is trying to pull his hammer out of the ground, and that guy with the bow is waiting for the order to shoot him? Yeah, that was Hawkeye.

OT: Looks great. If only DC knew how to make a decent film that didn't involve Batman.

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
starwarsgeek said:
arc1991 said:

So that's Iron Man, Thor, Captain America...now i wonder who the other Avengers will be. If they are going for the original ones, then fair enough, but i would LOVE to see Spidey and Wolverine. (although somehow i doubt it will happen =\ )I mean come on, that's comedy gold right there xD Spidey's sarcastic humour mixed with Wolverines xD hehe

Just for the record, who are the other original Avengers? I know Antman was and i'm pretty sure Hawk Eye was as well, but i aint sure on the others =\
I think you're just missing Wasp. I never read the comics, though, so I could be wrong.

Edit: Just checked tvtropes. Hawk Eye was apparently not a founder. And Hulk will be in it too, of course, but who knows if he'll join the team or just be treated as a threat...

As for Wolverine and Spidey--that'd be funny, but the Spider-man movies are owned by Sony, and X-men by Fox, so they'd probably have to jump through a lot of hoops to include them. Besides, the Avengers is going to have a big cast already.
Captain America was not a founder either. That didn't stop them from including him in the movieverse.

MetroidNut

Sep 2, 2009
I have a personal qualm with superhero movies - basically, I hate how every major character seems like a blatant Mary Sue, capable of brushing aside everything from a squad of commandos to a nuclear attack by waving a hand. Which was my main problem with X-Men: First Class - minor spoiler alert, but there's no tension in a massive bombardment against the main characters if Magneto can casually turn all their bombs around.

But this movie, assuming I'm correctly interpreting the trailers, fixes all that. Captain America's not a bulletproof god, capable of deflecting atomic missiles and destroying armies without blinking. He's a well-trained, strong-willed guy with extra muscle and a really good riot shield. That's it. He's vulnerable to ordinary weapons, and his most powerful attack is a handgun.

In short, Captain America doesn't seem like a Mary Sue, and thus the movie will have actual tension, sorely missing (if you ask me) from the average superhero film.

Dr_Horrible

Oct 24, 2010
TheIronRuler said:
draythefingerless said:
Brainst0rm said:
TheIronRuler said:
That isn't super.

Yes.
The entire damn community of heroes somehow started using radiation rays as a means of bulking up. Oh, Spiderman got bite by a SUPER spider! That's different, right?
Right?
I despise the concept of the Green Lantern.
Thor is just silly.
Superman.... I'm curios, did they state that every other member of his race has his abilities?
Batman is a rich kid hell bent on cleansing the evil what pestres in his city.
With fists and non-violent methods.
Iron-Man is an alcoholic playboy that built a makeshift Gundam bot.
I;m highly disappointed.
Deadppool is a bloke with brain cancer that due to people trying so damn hard to copy Wolverine achieved ultimate regeneration, but the cancer cells continue to grow, making him insane and forget his past memories. He was introduced as a MERCENARY. Is that a super hero?
I'm tired of this crap.
About Superman, everyone from Krypton would have his abilities were they on Earth, they gain their powers from the lesser gravity and yellow sunlight (Krypton's sun is red, and yellow gives them power).

on a side note, there must not be many superheroes you like O.O

Mirrorknight

Jul 23, 2009
MetroidNut said:
He's a well-trained, strong-willed guy with extra muscle and a really good riot shield. That's it. He's vulnerable to ordinary weapons, and his most powerful attack is a handgun.
Um...heh. That's not a "really good riot shield". That shield is made of vibranium, and alloy that was mistakenly made and never has been reproduced. Sucker's not just bullet-proof, it's friggin adamantium proof. In fact, adamantium was created in an attempt to re-create vibranium.

Also, his armor is fireproof, and the duralumin scale mail he wears under it is bulletproof.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
starwarsgeek said:
arc1991 said:

I think you're just missing Wasp. I never read the comics, though, so I could be wrong.

Edit: Just checked tvtropes. Hawk Eye was apparently not a founder. And Hulk will be in it too, of course, but who knows if he'll join the team or just be treated as a threat...

As for Wolverine and Spidey--that'd be funny, but the Spider-man movies are owned by Sony, and X-men by Fox, so they'd probably have to jump through a lot of hoops to include them. Besides, the Avengers is going to have a big cast already.
Hawkeye started out as a villain then became a prominate member of the Avengers. Looked into him after I could not remember his name from seeing the cameo

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
Mirrorknight said:
MetroidNut said:
He's a well-trained, strong-willed guy with extra muscle and a really good riot shield. That's it. He's vulnerable to ordinary weapons, and his most powerful attack is a handgun.
Um...heh. That's not a "really good riot shield". That shield is made of vibranium, and alloy that was mistakenly made and never has been reproduced. Sucker's not just bullet-proof, it's friggin adamantium proof. In fact, adamantium was created in an attempt to re-create vibranium.

Also, his armor is fireproof, and the duralumin scale mail he wears under it is bulletproof.
There still won't be much tension because he has main character syndrome. We know he is in the Avengers movie as the leader of the avengers.

Also his gun is strong but his shield is by far his best weapon. He can cut through almost anything with that thing.

starslasher

May 21, 2011
Well i plan to see the movie, even though i wasn't that big on Captain America.

Did any of you guys see the 1990 Captain America movie? As you can surmise, it's terrible, definitely, but i still say you should see it in case you haven't already. Just to see what differences/similarities there are. Although it looks like the upcoming movie won't involve some sort of frozen capsule shtick.

Mischlings

Feb 18, 2011
starslasher said:
Although it looks like the upcoming movie won't involve some sort of frozen capsule shtick.
The frozen thing is from the comics -- something happened to Cap (don't remember what) that killed Bucky (his sidekick) and left Cap frozen in Antarctica. It's pretty much canon in The Avengers movies -- deleted scene from The Incredible Hulk showed an avalanche the Hulk caused in Antarctica, and you could see Cap's body in the ice.

As for the movie, I really want to see it now. I will definitely be there at midnight opening night.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
Can someone honestly explain to me how Thor (in the Avengers) won't simply overpower everyone/everything?....

kalt_13

Veteran n00b
Sep 14, 2008
I'm surprised that this clip makes me want to see the movie. I've never been interested in the character, but this looks good. Tool in the clip didn't hurt :) and Tommy Lee Johns is a legend. I hope this is good.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
This is the Marvel film I have the east interest in because I've never been interested in the character or the concept of a "Super-Soldier". It also doesn't have the entertaining/interesting "Hook" like the others. Will still go and see it though as I'm a sucker for superhero films and all the Marvel films have been, at worse, entertaining so I doubt this will be a bad film.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Looks decent so far, hopefully they add some references to the other Avengers.
[sub]Tommy Lee Jones, fuck yeah![/sub]

IndianaJonny

Mysteron Display Team
Jan 6, 2011
PunkRex said:
Its good to see Captain Britain and those other Howling Commando guys getting a cameo even if it is only as background characters.
Captain Britain gets a cameo? I must of missed that!

Hristo Tzonkov

Apr 5, 2010
TheIronRuler said:
That isn't super.
It's what is on the inside that counts in this case.

Also putting Tool with a proper reference considering the song lyrics is win in my book.