Felicia Day to Star in Dragon Age Web Series [UPDATED]

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
Spectrum_Prez said:
She's decent on the Guild but I doubt she has the acting chops to pull off a more serious role.
Please, the dialogue in DA:O practically runs on Whedon-speak.

Scrythe said:
I don't mean to make this sound sarcastic, but you can almost make a mad libs of "Felicia Day to Star/Cameo in ______ Web Series".

She's turning into the Jennifer Hale of web shows.
How To Make An Award Winning Web Series, Step #9: Cast Felicia Day [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBaOCKtDY9g#t=2m11s]

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Headstrong and sarcastic... what does that make me think of...

Headstrong and sarcastic is neither an instantly strong character nor a "modern sensibility". But, done right, it could still be a good character. I'll hold off judgement, but if that's how she's advertising it, I'll need to actually see the character before I'm impressed, because so far it just sounds like one of the 6 or so characters that most D&D players I know always make.

Zom-B

Feb 8, 2011
i wouldn't hold out high hopes for this. fantasy settings and stories are really tough to do well in live action.

aside from that, what the fuck is an "organic gamer". statements like this take a meaningful term like "organic" and relegate it to a stupid buzzword used by people who really have nothing intelligent to say.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Awesomesauce, hope it turns out to be good. I liked what little I saw of her acting and the creator of Guild probably has some script sense, especially as a gamer herself, she'll probably have it easier recognizing what's shitty, corny and doesn't belong on screen :)

Tomo Stryker

Aug 20, 2010
Scrythe said:
I don't mean to make this sound sarcastic, but you can almost make a mad libs of "Felicia Day to Star/Cameo in ______ Web Series".

Can you blame her? Back to the topic on hand, it will be nice to see her in more of a serious acting position compared to the Guild. I'm willing to bet that it will be a couple of years before she gets a main character in a movie.

CosmicCommander

Friendly Neighborhood Troll?
Apr 11, 2009
Oh lawd no.

Alright, Day is a perfectly competent individual. But... In Dragon Age? I don't want my Dragon Age being live-action.

And besides, she's more of a comedian/commentator. The Guild was funny- only because it was cringe-worthy 90% of the time.

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
*Gleeeeeeeeeee*

Somehow I could tell she'd play an elf even before I'd noticed the picture on the right hehe

Suicideking

Oct 28, 2009
Tomo Stryker said:
Scrythe said:

Can you blame her? Back to the topic on hand, it will be nice to see her in more of a serious acting position compared to the Guild. I'm willing to bet that it will be a couple of years before she gets a main character in a movie.
She has already starred as a main character in a movie. And it was a serious role.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1626201/

Red: Werewolf Hunter. A Syfy original movie.

Dethpixie

Apr 4, 2010
Fun fact: She was also Veronica in New Vegas, so it's not impossible for her to pull off a quirky, sarcastic role in a dark universe.

Consider me cautiously optimistic.

Prince Regent

Dec 9, 2007
Hmm I liked her in Doctor Horrible's sing along blog, but not so much in The Guild.

I do hope i't 'll be a good show though.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
major28 said:
Rylot said:
Sweet, I have such a huge crush on her. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
So does neil pattrick harris, cookie for refference.
As someone has already said, Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog.

That's hardly cookie worthy in a thread about Felicia Day.

BlindChance

Librarian
Sep 8, 2009
I just worked out what bugs me so much about that screenshot: It's the ears. Elves in Dragon Age had more or less straight up ears, not ones that came out sideways. That said, the DA2 concept art matches the ears more closely, so it's probably just going that way.

That said, yeah, the lighting also looks a bit flat on it. We'll have to wait and see.

Flying Pilgrim

Apr 24, 2009
Sounds like it will be nice! Is it just me or do a lot of movies and games have a title that involves the word "Redemption".