Felicia Day to Star in Dragon Age Web Series [UPDATED]

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
Felicia Day dressed as an Elf.. Let the fanboy drooling begin.

I still need to play Dragon Age. I had started it, then my Fiance hijacked it and has yet to give me time to play it. I am sure I will get to it by the time DA3 comes out... =/

Inglip

Feb 17, 2011
I have to say it, Felicia Day is not a good actress. She just gets a gold star for everything she does because nerds like her.

The same can be applied to Nathan Fillion to a lesser extent.

RoBi3.0

Mar 29, 2009
Spectrum_Prez said:
She's decent on the Guild but I doubt she has the acting chops to pull off a more serious role.
She has done a lot of other roles besides the guild. She was a patient in the second episode of the 5 season of house. As some posted above she was in a dollhouse episode. I also believe she was in a Buffy episode or two (actually 8).

------------ Just got back from IMDB she has done a bunch of shit I didn't even realize.

I am sure she has the chops to do serious.

RoBi3.0

Mar 29, 2009
Inglip said:
I have to say it, Felicia Day is not a good actress. She just gets a gold star for everything she does because nerds like her.

A plague on both your houses. :(

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
While this might be cool... it looks like there's an equal chance it will look like Nerds LARP'ing in the public park and be hard to be absorbed into it.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Inglip said:

I feel the need to express agreement with this. I'm not impressed with either her or the idea of a Dragon Age webseries. It's most likely going to be of SyFy quality, if that much.

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
hyperdrachen said:
To me dragon age felt pretty thin on the narrative/character aspect. I don't feel they need to chase a high dramatic bar, so I'd have to agree on a more lighthearted approach. That said I don't want something so drowned in MMO/chatspeak, that I groan at it's "internets".

The reason MMOs, don't get called MMORPGS, is because role-playing a chathappy "internet" rambling on about leroy jenkins, nubs, and the lawlz, shatters any suspension of disbelief and immersion into the fiction. The Guild was based on this, but I'm not interested in The Guild reskinned as Dragon Age.
You thought Dragon Age was weak on narrative and characters? Pistols at dawn, sir!

At any rate, I'm hoping the miniseries turns out well but I'll need to see more previews before I'll be truly interested

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
Drool.... Drool...

Sorry.. I have a nerd crush on Felicia Day. Yeah, the show looks good too...

BlindChance

Librarian
Sep 8, 2009
Right! Now that we've seen some footage, it's easier to get an idea of what's going on. Heavy 'Xena' vibe, and that's probably the level of quality to hope for. Expectations appropriately adjusted. That's fine.

Nimzar

Nov 30, 2009
Dethpixie said:
Fun fact: She was also Veronica in New Vegas, so it's not impossible for her to pull off a quirky, sarcastic role in a dark universe.

Consider me cautiously optimistic.
Wait, what? I like Veronica... might this be why? I thought it was just her habit for punching thugs' faces off of their heads. But with this new piece of info I guess there might have been other reasons...

Pyode

Jul 1, 2009
I love Felicia Day as much as the next person, but I think I'm going to have a hard time taking her seriously as a bad-ass.

Steve Dark

Oct 23, 2008
I'm pretty sure Nerd hearts everywhere skipped a beat when they saw the words "Sexual Content" with reference to something containing Felicia Day. Shame the bit at the beginning was pretty much definitely referring to the game rather than the video. *Tries to pretend he's above nerd crushes but still secretly hopes*