Fellow men of the Escapist: How much facial hair do you keep on?

Dec 14, 2009
SckizoBoy said:
Daystar Clarion said:
It grows quickly, the slows down. I wouldn't call it beard.

'Scruff'

Yeah, scruff seems like the most fitting word to describe my pseudo-stubble.
Please tell me its patchy... just so I can try picturing the horror that is you with a patchy beard! =P
Pretty much

>_>

Not quite sure how long I was unshaven for that, but yeah.

Patchy.

Patchy as fuck.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I sport a thick but untidy Van Dyke beard. I'm planning to eventually connect it to my sideburns, thus completing my grand master plan. Then the whole mess can be properly trimmed and groomed into a pseudo-dwarven monstrosity.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
Too much... I am a lazy bastard. I'm not entirely sure what constitutes a neckbeard, but I am rather afraid I might have developed one. I will get it sorted by christmas, though.

It does go rather well with my general appearance of a political refugee, though.

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
SckizoBoy said:
Daystar Clarion said:
It grows quickly, the slows down. I wouldn't call it beard.

'Scruff'

Yeah, scruff seems like the most fitting word to describe my pseudo-stubble.
Please tell me its patchy... just so I can try picturing the horror that is you with a patchy beard! =P
Pretty much

>_>

Not quite sure how long I was unshaven for that, but yeah.

Patchy.

Patchy as fuck.
Damn you, you fabulous sumbitch!

On topic: I vary depending on several factors, but I'll never really get full facial hair. Stubble is where I draw the line.

That being said, I've rocked various levels of stubble. Protip: Stubble at the right length, plus blue eyes = golden with young ladies in Japan.

DoPo said:
I try to shave about 2-3 times a week, my ideal facial hair length is sort of about a day's length stubble - it's because then, I can scratch my hand on my face and it's awesome.
So awesome.

Right now I'm avoiding growing my facial hair out too much, as my jawline has rounded a little more than I'm comfortable with.

Church185

Apr 15, 2009
I'll only be happy once I can stand on it. Considering that is socially unacceptable I generally grow it out for a few months, then shave it all off at once (or into a goatee if I'm feeling fiesty) to the bewilderment of friends and family who have forgotten what I looked like underneath all of that manly scruff.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I have a medium length mustache and beard combo, it makes me look older and means I don't need to carry id around. That's what matters right?

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
I currently have a mustache and a small beard that is trimmed short on my chin. The sideburns and any hair on the neck I shave off. However I can sometimes afford to be lazy about my sideburns, since I have long hair and can just cover it up because of it, hehe.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
I haven't shaved in a year, so it's nice and bushy at this point in time.
Of course, I'm a student, so it's not like I have an 8-5 day job I need to look spick and span for.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
When I shave, I shave my entire face and cut it all off.

But I don't generally shave more often than once every 2-3 days, sometimes as little as once a week, so I'm generally rocking some amount of micro-beard.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
A well-kept goatee is what I like to have. I like to think that it makes me look like an old-fashioned southern gentleman. You know, minus the racism and fried chicken.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I shave about once a week, I prefer to be be clean shaven when I want to look nice. I don't look quite right when I have facial hair, I find it uggs on me.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
I am letting a moustache grow in respect of my latino roots and am letting some hair grow around the sides of my face and chin but shave completely outside those areas, I forgot what this kind of facial hair is called...

And no it's not a neckbeard, for starters ishave my neck area aswell as cheek area and other places where I dont want there to be hair xP

Ladies opinions on this has been rather varied but I despise the baby face look so feel I need some facial hair, and as one of my female friends puts it "So long as it looks like you take care of yourself and ain't letting your hair grow wildly, it's acceptable", so i'll roll with that.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
I normally have a modest goatee but I shaved it and am growing a stache this month for movember.

...I don't like it, it'll be gone as of December 1st.

Adultism

Karma Haunts You
Jan 5, 2011
Standard short beard, no neckbeard. Nothing fancy but its No Shave November so I'm not shaving my beard this month (still shaving the neck)

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
My face does something weird.

I can't really grow proper stubble. If left unshaven, my face will naturally grow a goatee, complete with upper-lip moustache, soul=patch and chin hair. People think I shave to look like that, but it just happens. So, for now, I just let it do its thing.