FF13-3 pretty much confirmed

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Why? 13 was terrible, and I tried to give 13-2 a chance, but I couldn't do it. The whole time I could feel my brain melting.

This is what I felt like while playing it.

I'm with Daystar, why are they making sequels to the worst ones?

Disclaimer: This is coming from someone who could only stand to finish FF7 and Tactics without wanting to bludgeon himself to death.

P.s. I thought FF7 was far better than any FF game I've played. I'm not speaking from nostalgia as the first time I had ever played it was ~2 years ago.

lapan

Jan 23, 2009
Since FFX there wasnt a single Final Fantasy i could get myself to finish anymore. I didn't buy FFXIII-2 and won't buy this one either.

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
...What? Are you serious? Why?! Did FFXXVI (I know it is XIII-2 but I call it Final Fantasy 26) really sell that well?

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
I love that FF13, considered one of the weakest entries in the series, is getting 2 sequels.

it boggles the mind :D
I read somewhere that FF13 was the most financially successful Final Fantasy game of all time until it was beaten by FF13-2.

Maybe they've just found the recipe to completely own the Japanese market. *shrug* Doesn't really help us confused people in the West.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Square Enix, I do not ever EVER want to see the words "Final Fantasy" mixed with the numeral "13" unless it happens to have the word "Versus" placed in the middle.
You know, that really REALLY awesome looking game that you seem to want to with-hold from us. And before you say anything: NO! There is no way that "The boring adventures of captain pinky and others" is better in any capacity to THIS:

I think we can survive without XIII-3 if you can get to work on finishing Versus 13 instead for us.

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
...Square Enix, we need to talk. You have made some truly great games. Kingdom Hearts 2 is amazing, Dissidia 012 is honestly one of my favourite games of all time, and FF7's quality is debatable but no-one can deny it prettymuch remade the JRPG. So whay fo you keep flushing your propreties down the toilet? Except 9, every FF since 8 has been a mess of stupid plots, horrid gameplay and only one or two decent characters out of a huge cast. Dissidia could have continued with prequels, and I would pay to see a beefed-up version released for consoles, but instead you turn it into a freaking rythm game! And Kingdom Hearts hasn't been destroyed yet, but WHERE IS KH 3 GODAMMIT? You used to be so good! You brought some of gamings greatest moments, characters and music into the world Why are you destroying everything you used to be?

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Blarkuntvhite said:
If it means another Spoony review then I'm all for it.
I was thinking that too.

All I want from them is another TURN BASED Front Mission title... Is that too much to ask?

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
Gearhead mk2 said:
...Square Enix, we need to talk. You have made some truly great games. Kingdom Hearts 2 is amazing, Dissidia 012 is honestly one of my favourite games of all time, and FF7's quality is debatable but no-one can deny it prettymuch remade the JRPG. So whay fo you keep flushing your propreties down the toilet? Except 9, every FF since 8 has been a mess of stupid plots, horrid gameplay and only one or two decent characters out of a huge cast. Dissidia could have continued with prequels, and I would pay to see a beefed-up version released for consoles, but instead you turn it into a freaking rythm game! And Kingdom Hearts hasn't been destroyed yet, but WHERE IS KH 3 GODAMMIT? You used to be so good! You brought some of gamings greatest moments, characters and music into the world Why are you destroying everything you used to be?
I'd also like to add...WHERE IS MY ZWEIHANDER?!

So FF is now trying to go with the episodic gaming route. It seems after that whole failure and length of the transition between PS2 to PS3/360, they don't want to change gameplay or universe anymore. It feels like they're jumping the shark again.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
How many Final Fantasy games are there?! It's got to be in the triple digits by this point...

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Daystar Clarion said:
I love that FF13, considered one of the weakest entries in the series, is getting 2 sequels.

it boggles the mind :D
And yet no one has green-lit Okami 2: Adventures on the Celestial Plain yet.

With the way Okami ended, there is totally room for that. I'd love to know why Orochi attacked the plain, and what the lasting effects of that attack were.

OT: I can't comment other than just groan. I haven't played a new Final Fantasy since 10, and I didn't even get that far into it. These newer ones just sound lame beyond anything. Does Japan have no good authors to write a good story?

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
I like Lightning so they can milk her all day long if they want, my only gripe is that they don't do the same to Tifa who could really use some milking :(

still I wish they went with a more action oriented game, something like Ninja Gaiden/Devil May Cry/God of War with a heavy dose of Zelda style world travel and dungeons and a little bit of Metroid thrown in for good measure

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
GZGoten said:
I like Lightning so they can milk her all day long if they want, my only gripe is that they don't do the same to Tifa who could really use some milking :(

still I wish they went with a more action oriented game, something like Ninja Gaiden/Devil May Cry/God of War with a heavy dose of Zelda style world travel and dungeons and a little bit of Metroid thrown in for good measure
Good luck with that. They just cancelled FF13 Versus and don't even have any announcements about KH3.

Dr. Cakey

Feb 1, 2011
The only FF games to receive sequels are the ones that have the most absolutely closed endings and therefore can't have sequels.

Exaggeration, but suspiciously close to truth...

Simonoly

Oct 17, 2011
Sigh. I used to be such a huge fan of the FF series. But I just don't get the appeal anymore.

I'd love to see a FF game where I didn't have to play with a group of grumpy, annoying, floppy-haired teenagers (enter FFIX). Maybe we could have a main protagonist who's a skin-head in his mid 30s who can turn into a dragon and his main weapon is a Scythe or something. Whoops, I'm being too original. Somebody get me a job at SE.