Films that you regret watching

TankCopter

Jul 8, 2009
My Life in Ruins. Most unfunny movie, they even had a running gag where one of the characters was called Poopi.

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
Jellly said:
If I said "The Avengers" would it cause people to be mad? :3 But seriously the movie pissed me off so often with how the heroes would always survive. Also wtf the aliens were so dumb and non threatening I just wanted to facepalm. This "super alien army" armed with with laser rifles couldn't even kill some chick with two pistols. God. I was rooting for Loki to somehow pull a win out of his ass but honestly I knew he was doomed when it was just him up against like 5 superheroes. :| Also why Loki didn't just wtfpwn everyone with his OP as fuck "stick of destiny" I don't know. I just want the bad guy to win for once D:

.... maybe if I wanted to see the bad guys win I shouldn't have gone to see a movie based on Superheroes...?

Flying airship pissed me off as well. Such a dumb idea I'm glad the bad guys blew it up. Well they tried I suppose... somehow the thing can fly with just one engine apparently? *Sigh*

ALSO. Hulk is OP, if only he was the bad guy it would be GG good guys. The Hulk single handled (literally) destroyed Loki. Thor's got nothing on that shit. Additionally why did he rage-mode and try kill that Widow chick in the flying airship but suddenly when the aliens invade he is all pals with them? Another thing, how did Thor survive that fall from the pod? Fury said that it would kill Loki but Thor just jumps out of it and he don't give a fuck so wow yeah that's got to the dumbest "kill device" ever.

Usually I can overlook small plot things and what not such as the above. I did it for Avatar, Transformers, CoD and many other medias. The amount of hype on this movie led me to have high expectation though which ultimately led to me judging it harshly.
first of all, Loki is a character with severe narcisism and wants the heroes to bow before him that is why he doesn't outright kill them
secondly, the ship wasn't flying with only one rotor, it was temporarily lost use of one
Third, I'm just guessing that the aliens weren't prepared for such close-quarters combat
fourth, Thor survived because he broke out of the pod, it wasn't meant to kill Loki, it was the Hulk's container
it seems to me that you overlooked a lot of details that they gave

afrojason

Jan 22, 2012
as soon as i saw the title to this thread those were the 2 movies that instantly came to mind...

EDIT: accidentally hit reply instead of quote, im talking about Teeth and The Human Centipede

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
Oh, I had forgotten about that last Resident Evil movie - the entire opening fight scene, her clones act like video game characters on the easiest difficulty possible, not a bullet touches them even when standing where they are flying, the enemies never make a hit
just basically the part where two clones are standing behind columns while agents try to gun them down

and the part where she's trapped in the shower room with the hulking enemy, it makes so many hits but she comes out with hardly a bruise

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
PsychicTaco115 said:
Chernobyl Diaries

I went with a friend (who worked there, so free tickets) and I still felt ripped off.

After it, we just spent the whole ride home saying how bad it is.

If you want to know more in detail why it's so bad, ask away.

How is it so bad? I would like to know

sb666

Fake Best
Apr 5, 2010
Country
Australia
The Star Wars Holiday Special the worst thing I have ever watched.

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
AKDread said:
thebobmaster said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
A Serbian Film, it was shit, inspirational some called it...I can't tell you about it because if I do, you will be curious and want to see for yourself...
Listen to this man. I only saw clips of it and...ugh.

For films I actually sat all the way through, Alone in the Dark. I saw House of the Dead first, and that movie was bad, but it was hilariously so. This is an actual verbal exchange in HotD.

Rudy (main character): You did all this to become immortal? Why?

Main Bad Guy: To live forever!

I was expecting more of the same with AitD. I was so, so wrong. Only enjoyable thing about it was the overacting by Stephen Dorff, aka "that guy who consistently almost has a career".
We can all go on about uwe boll films and how bad they are, I do wanna see a Serbian film. Iv already seen some very messed up films, might as well add another to the list XD
Just go watch it. Everyone always rants and raves about how terrible it is. The film itself is preceded by its infamy. It's not that bad in terms of offense. It's not a good film mind you, but the actions in the film don't make it bad. The actors, script, and hokey dialogue and effects make it bad.

Here, I'll let you in on something. Baby-fucking. Got that picture in your head? Guess what? The film isn't nearly as bad as what you are imagining.

AKDread

Yabadabadoo
Jun 1, 2012
Snake Plissken said:
AKDread said:
thebobmaster said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
A Serbian Film, it was shit, inspirational some called it...I can't tell you about it because if I do, you will be curious and want to see for yourself...
Listen to this man. I only saw clips of it and...ugh.

For films I actually sat all the way through, Alone in the Dark. I saw House of the Dead first, and that movie was bad, but it was hilariously so. This is an actual verbal exchange in HotD.

Rudy (main character): You did all this to become immortal? Why?

Main Bad Guy: To live forever!

I was expecting more of the same with AitD. I was so, so wrong. Only enjoyable thing about it was the overacting by Stephen Dorff, aka "that guy who consistently almost has a career".
We can all go on about uwe boll films and how bad they are, I do wanna see a Serbian film. Iv already seen some very messed up films, might as well add another to the list XD
Just go watch it. Everyone always rants and raves about how terrible it is. The film itself is preceded by its infamy. It's not that bad in terms of offense. It's not a good film mind you, but the actions in the film don't make it bad. The actors, script, and hokey dialogue and effects make it bad.

Here, I'll let you in on something. Baby-fucking. Got that picture in your head? Guess what? The film isn't nearly as bad as what you are imagining.
i wasn't imagining anything, i know people say its bad, just like they said human Centipede was nasty but that movie was a giant bore fest and not even nasty at all. so i know not to go based on what everybody thinks, until i see it for myself and make my own judgement

BarbaricGoose

May 25, 2010
The Butterfly Effect.

It was just... awful. I could only sit through about half. And sitting through half of that movie is quite a feat. I'm better than all of you because I did that!

sniddy_v1legacy

Jul 10, 2010
Skyline - That's up there - it has no redeeming features, even the special affects are kinda....meh - the plot is stupid beyond believe the ending is terrible - it's just...no

District 9 - Why was this hyped to all hell - I'm only putting it as worse then skyline as I expected more of it...

Honorable mention to Super 8 - which was the most mis-advertised films I've even seen - seriously do they want to make an action film, a sci-fi film, a monster film, a coming of age story, a touching family drama or a kids action movie - OR a jumbled mess of all the above that can't engage on any level as it;s a mess...

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
The Room. Worst movie in the world. Terrible actin, 50% of it's utterly redundant, and it doesn't even deserve to be a "How Not To Do It Guide" for movie-makers. Only a highly-functioning autistic inbred retard would consider making this film. Or the maker, Tommy Wiseau, had an IQ in the minuses.

Also, Star Wars Holiday Movie. I wanted to take a pair of rusty hedge-clippers previously used to play with a dog's shit to my eyes afterwards. However, when I tried, I was commited because actually having the nerve to watch that movie is considered schizofrenia.

keiji_Maeda

May 9, 2012
A serbian film, i can "get" the fact about how it symbolizes the pain suffered from the group of people who've beeen abused, disenfranchised and spat at.

But that movie didn't really make me hark at the cause.

and human catterpillar. Piece of S.

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
I could think of a few but that would be painful so I'll just remember the most recent disapointments.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire which is sad because the book is one of the best in the series. The first thing that really pissed me off was the exclusion of the Quidditch World Cup match, really you build it up and then just skip it, I mean what the fuck? Oh and then there is course the fact that they completely butchered the story and plot, not to mention Newell can't direct movies for shit; Gambon is a great actor yet was way off with his portrayal of Dumbledore compared to POA or the other subsequent films. Lastly Voldemort the supposedly most evil and feared Dark Lord of all time isn't even scary.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood prince. I really regret watching this film, in fact to date I've never actually managed to watch the entire film in one sitting. The book was really dark and gritty and delved into Voldemorts past and shows why he became what he did, instead we got a snorefest full of romance with a DP who thinks using lots of dim lighting is artistic and makes the film 'dark'.

ensouls

Feb 1, 2010
Nautical Honors Society said:
Where The Wild Things Are

What a terrible movie. It was creepy and slow. Like watching paint dry...disturbing childhood ruining paint.
YES. Way too much focus on artsy set/character design, not nearly enough focus on making anyone likable or interesting. It was so damn depressing.

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
Goon and Skyline take the joint "worst film ever" prize for me... They both were bland and uninteresting and wasted hours of my life...

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
Shinkicker444 said:
Bloodrayne, Dungeons and Dragons they both were GOUGE MY EYES OUT WITH FORKS bad. I'm sure there are others, that may even be worse but they are staying as suppressed memories never to see the light of day again.
Ok, I honestly actually like the first Dungeons and Dragons movie. Its the right level of fantasy cheese that I can tolerate, and being a Dungeons and Dragons fan made it a bit more tolerable. I wasn't expecting much to be honest considering how its known as one of the nerdiest hobbies besides larping, I knew the movie wasn't going to be oscar material. It had dungeons and puzzles and dragons and a crazy adventuring party. That's all I needed.

ensouls said:
Nautical Honors Society said:
Where The Wild Things Are

What a terrible movie. It was creepy and slow. Like watching paint dry...disturbing childhood ruining paint.
YES. Way too much focus on artsy set/character design, not nearly enough focus on making anyone likable or interesting. It was so damn depressing.
Really? I quite liked that movie and thought it did a great job on the characters. Who was supposed to be likeable? The point of the monsters was to show the kid that his selfish nature was bad. I can understand why it would put a lot of people off though (people not used to seeing weird monsters and dismissing it as such), but I'm so used to weird things that the set/characters were secondary to the actual plot. Did they explain any useless lore or describe the monsters in a way that made you focus on the setting? or were you just not used to seeing big chicken monsters fighting?

And did you read the book? The character design and story wasn't new. I think the tone was the exact same to be honest. Eh, I'm not trying to convince you to like it, but I think your reasons for hating it are essential to the actual movie, so I think its safe to say it wasn't your kind of movie.

Xiroh86

Jan 7, 2012
So mine is a little more complicated, but the movie I regret watching the most is The Godfather.

Now, before everyone starts jumping down my throat about it, let me explain.

It is by no means a bad movie, and I completely understand its importance in film history, how ever i found the movie to be unenjoyable. I only made it through it, without falling asleep, once and that was the last of over 10 attempts.

Now as to why I regret watching this: do you remember the skit in family guy where Peter tries to explain that he didn't like the Godfather, and everyone verbally assaults him? well every time I mention my opinion on The Godfather I get verbally assaulted.

I guess you could say, that i don't so much regret watching that movie, as much as I regret watching it, and having the opinion of it that I do.

For a more straight forward answer: Chernobyl Diaries