Films that you regret watching

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
I am gonna go all poetic about my cinema sense now.

I get very selective about the films I watch. To the point where I can see no trailers, simply go the cinema for a showing and come out satisfied. This sense had to be forged, like a sword being beaten against an anvil with the world's biggest hammer. For me, that hammer was this piece of garbage:

I was 12 and I loved Lucky Luke. So, I went to see it. The problems started appearing 5 mins in. Little to no Luke, a stupid premise for an escape attempt (a giant sausage ? really ?), Ma Dalton looked nothing like her kids who in turn, looked like anything but brothers and on top of it all, a magic hat.

A magic sombrero. That deflects bullets. In the Wild West.

CarlMin

Jun 6, 2010
Watchmen. Can't believe I forced myself to sit through that incoherent, overlong gory mess.

johnnnny guitar

Jul 16, 2010
The Eragon movie for fuck sake could it have been anymore generic and shitty (I liked the book BTW)
Avatar: The last Airbender I hated this movie with a passion and I'm not even a huge fan of the seires but at the end what pissed me of most was not the horrible acting,shitty script,bad pacing etc.
Was that in the cartoon from what I remember the kid completely destroys the ships and is kicking ass but in the movie probably for a P-13 rating and/or budget reasons they have the kid just hover water over the evil guys heads that was such a let down and another point against a movie that makes me want to put my balls in a meat grinder.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
2 films come to mind for different reasons.

Requiem For a Dream which is a brilliantly done, amazing film- but goddamn is it a downer.
and Alien: Resurrection because I was happy thinking that the Alien franchise ended on a Mediocre-to-OK note with Alien3.

Even with Firefly and everything, I only truly forgave Joss Whedon for Alien:R this summer when I saw The Avengers.

realist1990

Nov 18, 2011
Syzygy23 said:
BloatedGuppy said:
Jonluw said:
Napoleon Dynamite.

God, was it unfunny. Those hours of my life were wasted. I want to sue.
Painfully unfunny. I enjoy quirky, offbeat humor as much as the next guy, but ND was just excruciating.
Yet that movie made a fuckton of money. I REALLY don't understand it.

When that movie came out, you sudden;y couldn't throw a rock at my school without hitting some kid with a "Vote 4 Pedro" shirt.

What the HELL is so funny about the phrase "Vote 4 Pedro"?

Look it's just one of those things that some people get and some people don't...I won't look down on you for not finding it funny and, in return, you will not get upset about it..
Vote 4 Pedro...

Worst film

The Happening - M. Night Isuck at his very best at being shit

Skoldpadda

Jan 13, 2010
I only regret it if I paid money for it. I paid full bucks at the cinema for that piece of shit that was Spiderman 3. There is no excuse for something this bad. Enormous amounts of talent are ignored every day and I have to pay almost ten euros to be allowed to watch utter garbage like this.

I also bought the dvd of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull before actually having seen it, and despite the warnings of everyone who isn't drooling and/or insane. The movie is an insult to everything I know, love, and stand for. George Lucas is a dick. He's just an intolerable fuckwad, who deserves to dwell in anonimity and near-poverty. Visionless, talentless hack.

Sleipnir

Oct 17, 2009
Skyline, there was one point where it got really interesting, but that was the last minute or so before the credits, which told the interesting part of the story in freeze frames, oh my GOD was that an exponential waste of my life.

I'm not even joking, I sat through the whole thing thinking "there's still time", then something awesome happened and I sat forward in my seat, looking hopeful, BAM credits... and not even "we can make another movie with this!" they showed what happened in the CREDITS... AUGH.

prophecy2514

Nov 7, 2011
two for me - human centipede. for me the thought of what was going on was more disgusting than what the movie threw at me. would rather have never seen it and let my mind stew on the thought.

hot tub time machine - so incomprehensibly boring. nuff said

Yokillernick

May 11, 2012
Alright I am going to say it and it might draw a lot of hate from others but I did not care one bit for the Godfather. Call me whatever you want but to me the films were an over long bore-fest that out stayed its welcome and I would like my 10 or so hours of my life back. However before people start raging on me I did like certain bits of the films like that part where Freddy I think gets shot when in the boat and in the first one the ambush I though they were pretty intense but other than that nothing else attracted my attention.

TornadoFive

Mar 9, 2011
A fairly recent one, Haywire. Dull, predictable, with a main character that seems unable to show any more emotion than an oven glove that someone's using to entertain a child. One of the main selling points was that the lead actress was a martial arts fighter and did all her own stunts. Unfortunately, this came at the expense of her very definitely NOT being an actress. The fight scenes weren't even that good. Realistic does not necessarily make more good viewing.

Oh and Eragon. Just because.

Keepeas

Jul 10, 2011
Gerry - [link]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0302674/[/link]
"A friendship between two twenty-something men is tested to its very limits
when they go on a hike in a desert and forget to bring any water or food with them."

My dad found it on Netflix one night...whatever you do, DO NOT WATCH IT!

HyperDavidovich

Sep 2, 2011
Best of the Best 2
House of Flying Daggers
Hero (Jet Li)
The Lady in Black
The Minus Man (Owen Wilson)
Traitor (Don Cheadle)
The Resident Evil sequels (I actually liked the first one well enough)
American Gangster
Cellular
Avalon
The Contract (Morgan Freeman and John Cusack)

Most of the films on this list put me to sleep (good example is The Minus Man), but some, like Cellular, actually made me angry at how bad they were.

Kadoodle

Nov 2, 2010
I've found Tim and Eric to be really amusing at times, so I decided to watch Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie.

Couldn't watch more than 10 minutes.

drh1975

Dec 8, 2010
Napoleon Dynamite. Holy hell, this movie was so dull. Its lead actor was even worse.
30 Minutes or Less. BORING!
The Matrix. I just want to slap everyone who told me how good this shitfest was.
Grandma's Boy. Adam Sandler's sidekicks should never be allowed near a movie set again.