final boss..... That's it?

Mr. Eff_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2009
Alice: Madness Returns. You know how you can usually tell a game is winding down? This didn't really have much of that. I was just kind of thrust into the last stage. I knew the boss was coming after I'd entered the area, but I didn't feel like I had earned the fight. It was also fairly easy.

I still loved the game, though.

ConverseRocker9

Jun 30, 2011
The two that stick out in my mind are:

Gears of War 2 - They create a huge boss to fight for the final battle and you just shoot it with the satellite laser thing a couple of times and it all it does to you is mess up your aim.

Dead Space 1 - Again, a huge boss except this one does attack you, but it has probably the easiest attack patterns to dodge i have ever seen as well as being relatively weak itself.

edens_shadow

May 18, 2011
Final Fantasy X. Anybody remember Yu Yevon? Not only was it a push over it was literally IMPOSSIBLE to lose because, wait for it, every time you died you were brought back to life with the help of the friendly cherubs. Biggest disappointment ever. I was expecting a big bad ass battle against the god who created the giant whale like beast of the apocalypse...but nooooo. /rant

pyrrhic victory

Jun 9, 2011
Jester00 said:
portal 1 - glaDOS. srsly?
That was actually difficult for me, mostly because I couldn't fucking grab that third red eye thing you put in the incinerator.

More OT:
Dark Knifer said:
...the boss in the water temple of OoT.
This. Seriously, the difficulty curve was sporadically spiraling upwards, and then came instantly crashing down.

Also, honorable mention to Fable II. I've never finished that game, but seriously, from what I've heard here...

Captcha:

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Jester00 said:
portal 1 - glaDOS. srsly?
You'd be surprised how many people struggle with the massive timer glaring down at you disapprovingly. I was just surprised that I had so much time on the clock when I finished...

OT: AC2... sure someone's mentioned it (fisticuffs for about two minutes, but the conversation was worth noting).
Fallout 3 - yeah I replayed this (to sacrifice myself and get the nice(r) ending) 'cos I didn't realise that was the end.
Republic Commando - doesn't really count, but yeah, ended on 'shoot that ship down, oh no, one of the squadmates died, end game'.

Then again, most shooters end in a very unsatisfying way (I'm looking at you CoD...)

Fourspaces

May 28, 2008
They weren't quite the final bosses, but in Golden Sun : Dark Dawn, Blados and Chalis were this for me. For a lot of the game, we've seen them manipulating events behind the scenes, we know they're from a nation of soldiers, so we expect them to be like Saturos and Menardi, at the very least.

But no, they went down without a hitch. Fighting those three soldiers earlier in the game was harder than that for me, because at that level psy grenades actually did something to me. Ah well, what a waste of a boss fight.I haven't actually finished that game yet, so maybe the actual final boss is amazing, but Blados and Chalis really stood out as an anticlimax.

Reg5879

Jan 8, 2009
Bully's final boss was a mixed bag. Gary was so easy to beat but the location of the fight and the weather conditions made it epic.

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest

The most pointless boss fight ever. Dracula doesn't even attack you.

Takuanuva

Jun 12, 2011
Final boss in Timeshift.
There is a giant robotic walking thingie... okay.
You fight with it's turrets for a while.
Then, you go downstairs. You see another turret surrounded by a forcefield.
No one is even shooting at you. You grab a weapon placed near by, stop the time and shoot once at the turret.
And yeah, that was it. Instead of a fight with that time-manipulating doctor, you fight his giant robot. And kill it with literally ONE SHOT in the turret underneath.

Aurgelmir

WAAAAGH!
Nov 11, 2009
Ando85 said:
Have you ever played a game and got to a final boss only to discover it was a complete pushover? Or perhaps you defeated a boss that was so easy and uninspired that you didn't even realize it was the last boss.
FFX was like that for me, after haveing grinded for ages in Omegas Caves and beaten Omega.

Though the biggest WTF moment I ever had was in Zone of The Enders, and it's LACK of a final boss fight.

Nemesis729

Jul 9, 2010
If i remember correctly the last boss of Uncharted was a quicktime, I didn't even realize it was a boss

Seanfall

May 3, 2011
SarcasminBloom said:
Fable 2. That whole game was ruined for me all because of that "final boss".

I won't even touch Fable 3 because of it.
Your not missing much.

sonic500

Jun 30, 2011
Final boss of sonic CD
I mean gods it's a routing fan?
Robotnik must of ran out of ideas.

Bleedingskye

Mar 19, 2011
Teh Jammah said:
Wet: entire boss fight is a QTE. mega lame
That, I think, was the biggest let down I've had in a game. There's like what, 5 times where you press the designated button only to keep the scene going, and then scene sucks.

Also Darth Vader in SW: Force Unleashed 2, I mean, it's freakin Vader and it was barely a good fight. I like the good/bad ending idea tho, but the fight itself was lame.