Final Fantasy IX Lights PSN Crystals June 15th

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
Andronicus said:
Ben Legend said:
Wait? it comes out on the 15th?

I already have it, and have for a week now. And i'm in the UK...!

Am I missing something here?
This is an American site; they usually only report American release dates for games. It did actually come out in the European store a little over a week ago. I know, WTF right? I mean, SCEE getting their act together for long anough to release a game on PSN before America? I had to pinch myself seveal times.

OT: I already own FFIX on Playstation 2, but I really want to play it on PS3 and PSP. Is it worth buying it again?

EDIT: Whoops, I mean I own it for PSOne (obviously), but I'd play it on my PS2. I want to play wireless :(
It is worth buying. Its pretty cheap too. I really wanted to play it on my PSP but it takes up about 1.5 GB which I just don't have. But playing it on the PS3 is a dream come true.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
dammit, now Im going to have to update my credit info on my play station network thing

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
FFIX is my favourite FF game by a loooong shot and one of my favourite games ever. My original copy is still in great condition but I might actually download it anyway. I love that game that much

starhaven

Jan 24, 2010
DividedUnity said:
I was thinking of buying these (7,8,9) from the store. I've only played 13 but I would like to see the rest of the series. Are they worth the money?
7 is a good deep story but really long and at times very dull
8 is a much faster game story is a bit less deep and involes time travel and it gets messy
9 is a good game also very deep game also long but the main char zidane is one of the best u will find hes deep nice and not angsty hes a thief and proud of it and if u walk near a sexy woman in the street his head will turn to watch her as she walks by hes a womaniser also proud of it

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Well I would rather have seen a return of Vagrant Story and/or Chrono Cross, but this a good choice.

For me it's bittersweet memories though, when I first got Final Fantasy IX I remember it as the beginning of the ridiculous online interactivity we see now.

Not the game itself, but the "enhanced" strategy guide for it. Basically the strategy guide was missing like 90% of the information you would need, and instead included key words you were expected to enter on a website. So basically, if you wanted information from a strategy guide you couldn't just look it up right there, or play with the guide open on your lap (if that's your thing). Instead you needed to get the key word, go to your computer (stop playing) and look it up. If what you needed was complicated, well good luck if your computer is not next to your playstation!

Seeing as my computer is typically set up in a differant location than my consoles (and they were both then, and now, though this has varied over a decade) running back and forth was a complete pain in the keister.

Neikun

May 11, 2010
Archemetis said:
I'm not gonna miss a chance to get my favourite of the series...

Once I can afford a PS3 I'll be sure to be out of money to buy this!

But damnit I'll be poor in a determined way!
I'd be with you, but I have my original copy <3

Nylis

May 5, 2010
Thank goodness, I love FF 9!

7 and 8 were OK, I enjoyed them both, however I enjoyed 9 much more. Maybe because the main male character wasn't some scowling, angsty, pretty boy.

FF 9 just feels more lighthearted than the other two.

DubMan

Nov 17, 2008
This was the last good game in the series; it's about time they re-released this. Feck yeah.

Nylis

May 5, 2010
DubMan said:
This was the last good game in the series; it's about time they re-released this. Feck yeah.
Well I think 10 was really good, loved it as well. 12 was decent, wasn't crazy about it (maybe because of Van's freaky abs). I've never played 13, so not sure about that one.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Ok, should I buy this? I loved 7 (and spin offs), 10, 12 but really got bored during and didn't care for 8.

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
Jaredin said:
Just need too release FFX and I will be so, so, so happy!
Not gonna happen, buddy. While the PS2 is still going strong and PS3 cutting PS2 emulation, the PSP most likely will never see FFX. 7, 8 and 9 were definitely possible.. But Sony's had no intention on releasing PS2 games for PSP.. Unfortunately..

But yes, Australia's PSN had it released in late May/early June.. So we got it BEFORE America for once! But yes, fun times shall be had by all~!

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
I love this FF. It is my favorite one out of all of them. Next is FFX. I would totally buy it if I didn't already purchase a brand new copy for 20 bucks off Amazon a few months ago. Oh well, I completely recommend it though if you've never played it before!

Snownine

Apr 19, 2010
DividedUnity said:
I was thinking of buying these (7,8,9) from the store. I've only played 13 but I would like to see the rest of the series. Are they worth the money?
I would play them on the PS3, the tiny PSP screen would be kinda weird with them.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Matt_LRR said:
Will buy.

...and subsequently put on my PSP. So that it has at least one good game.

-m

(That's right, I went there)
Now that a lie! Dissidia is on PSP...

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Pink_Pirate said:
muhahah thankfully i still have my original release copy of FF9, a bit banged up for wear, but still plays perfectly.
I have the platinum PS1 release >.> the end of the first disc is a bit skippy but otherwise it still plays perfectly.

_______

This makes me wish I had a PSP now =[ or a PS3. I can always play it on my PS1 though!