Final Fantasy IX Lights PSN Crystals June 15th

Woem

May 28, 2009
John Funk said:
Final Fantasy IX Lights PSN Crystals June 15th
This news confused me. FFIX is already available on the European PSN for about a week. Let me take a screenshot.

Woem

May 28, 2009
Here's the screenshot: http://i49.tinypic.com/2zomele.jpg

Available as a PS One Classic since May 26th for only 9,99 euro.

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
I wasn't that interested until I read the above posts. Is it really worth it. I've tried twice to play VII and I've not made it to the third disc both times.

I think I get too sucked into trying to do everything.

DistinctlyBenign

Dec 24, 2008
Iggy Rufflebar said:
is it possible to only have to buy a psp to get this? or will I have to buy a ps3 too? this game is one of a very few that might make me even consider buying a sony product.
You only need one or the other, just getting a PSP will let you play fine.

Rayansaki

May 5, 2009
D_987 said:
Isn't it already out, or is this just the American release date? It must've been released in Europe early as I downloaded the game onto my PSP from the PSN store a week or so ago.
Exactly this. Not sure for how long, but it's been in European psn for at least 1 week, maybe 2.

ioxles

Nov 25, 2008
I have a near perfect collection on the psp now;

Final Fantasy 7-9
Vagrant Story
Wild Arms
Resi 3
Silent Hill
Grandia
Suikoden
Final Fantasy Tactics
C&C RA - yes it does play well, yes it is worth it.
Breath of Fire 3
Sega collection
Ea replay

Damn, the psp is the best. Thank fuck for the great ps1 classics released.

ioxles

Nov 25, 2008
Therumancer said:
Well I would rather have seen a return of Vagrant Story and/or Chrono Cross, but this a good choice.
Good news! Vagrant story is on psn.... I have it.

Euro psn though. Chrono Cross would be a likely next to be released seeing all the other rpg's of the ilk already out so keep your hopes up there.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
ioxles said:
Therumancer said:
Well I would rather have seen a return of Vagrant Story and/or Chrono Cross, but this a good choice.
Good news! Vagrant story is on psn.... I have it.

Euro psn though. Chrono Cross would be a likely next to be released seeing all the other rpg's of the ilk already out so keep your hopes up there.
I actually knew that, sorry I should have specified. I don't consider that as "released" since it's not availible for North America "legitimatly".

Normally I don't care about using back door methods to obtain games (imports, etc...) but it's a pain in the keister to have to set up an alternative PSN account for europe and then switch back and forth every time I want to play.

As I understand things europe has had Vagrant Story for a while now, which is why it's surprising that it's never seen a US release.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
This made me wish that I had a PS3 or PSP for about 5 seconds... then I remembered that I'm a pack rat with my gaming stuff so I still have my old PSX and original copy of FFIX should the itch hit me. Still, it's cool for the people who weren't gaming back then or people who aren't as fond of keeping their old hardware.

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
this is amazing, i only just started replaying my ps1 version (for the 4th time) a week ago :D

def recommended to pick up, my 2nd fav game in my fav series ever :D

new_age_reject

Lives in dactylic hexameter.
Dec 28, 2008
Would it be a stupid idea to buy a PSP just so I can buy FFIX for it?
No didn't think so. Thanks for the help guys! ^_^
But seriously, FFIX is one of the games that helped me become a gamer. It's by FAR my favourite of the series, just in front of III and VIII. I was really hopeful when X came out but it ended up being a right snoozefest.
WhiteTigerShiro said:
This made me wish that I had a PS3 or PSP for about 5 seconds... then I remembered that I'm a pack rat with my gaming stuff so I still have my old PSX and original copy of FFIX should the itch hit me. Still, it's cool for the people who weren't gaming back then or people who aren't as fond of keeping their old hardware.
Unfortunately my old hardware had a meltdown :(
Since then crappy psx has had to cure the itch for me... at least until my save state messes up D:

BlueHighwind

Jan 24, 2010
I really want to get this game, but I have no idea how to do it. I've had a PSP for something like three years now, and I have no clue how to connect to the PlayStation Network with it. Can anybody help?

PS: Vivi Forever!!!

lailula97

Jun 7, 2010
My most favorite game of all time.

However, I don't have a PS3

DO have the original discs!
...but my PS2 decided to ka-poof...

Sadness

JazzDemon

Jun 12, 2010
Even though I live in the UK, I'm still gonna wait for the US release... I hate crappy PAL conversions, with their 30% speed reduction, jerky screen panning, and black borders that butcher the intended screen ratio, just to accommodate ancient European TV's that can't handle 50hz (does anyone still own them?).

None of that nonsense with US titles... not long now :)

Edit: I mean't 60hz, not 50hz.

smokeraven

Aug 22, 2008
Stabby Joe said:
Why not port pre-FF7 games? Remember those? No? Dam...

Anyway, I think that's Nintendo job.
Seeing as how they were on NES and SNES, I believe that is Nintendo's job as well

OT: I won't be buying this on PSN as I still have the original for PS and it still works great, but this may motivate me to pick it up again, as soon as I can sift through all the other games i'm playing right now

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
smokeraven said:
Stabby Joe said:
Why not port pre-FF7 games? Remember those? No? Dam...

Anyway, I think that's Nintendo job.
Seeing as how they were on NES and SNES, I believe that is Nintendo's job as well
Yeah, which really limits things for the die hard fan unless they own all consoles.

Naturally a lot of Nintendo players now want a FF6 remake.