Final Fantasy XIII Could be Last of "This Type of Game" at Square

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Gamegodtre said:
all i hope is that for the love of god they dont add anymore game with motion controls.
AHHHHHH!! Don't jynx it ! I swear if I have to waggle to pull of a finsih combo breaker(or whatever) then I'm fucking burying my final fantasy games.

Honestly, when they say "This type of game" I think they are referring to the style. They have had a very linear feel, and the main character is almost always a hopeful hero with some sort of tragic thing going on. I love the stories, but if this continues, It''l turn into a metal gear solid type interactive movie, just going through the motions in between hour long confusing and epic cutscences. Perhaps they will take their awesomeness and use it to make a game in which you build your own character and make your own story. I could only imagine the quality,seeing as its SE. But then, they might be simply changing the gameplay. Maybe they'll make it more like a spectacle fighter/shooter, but done well instead of the usual....not.

Veldt Falsetto

Dec 26, 2009
What's with everyone hating on Final Fantasy and saying WRPGs are all innovation and newness?

NEWS FLASH!
Final Fantasy does something new with every title, new environments (the only WRPG of this gen to step out of middle earth was Mass Effect), new way to level up (errrr hello, what the hell have WRPGs been doing...Bethesda and Bioware have been doing the same thing in this area since they were founded while Square Enix experiments with things like, oh my arm has levelled up, oh now I have become better at my job, oh the enemies level as I do so if I want to be strong I've gotta stop mindlessly grinding and actually THINK for a change)

People holding games like Dragon Age up as being amazing and innovative, they obviously don't understand the word. When the Japanese say 'westernise' they usually mean "Look, it's a game you idiots can actually get your feeble little minds around" and then make the main character as big as Marcus Fenix and having the personality of a big manly doormat.

WRPGs are based on middle earth and JRPGs are based on anime, perhaps Imperial Hot means BIG open worlds such as Oblivion or FINAL FANTASY 12, characters with a good grasp of over the top coolness and whining ala anime and less androgynous (aside from elves) ala tolkien, in a game where normal people with spikey hair have to save the world from orcs and goblins being controlled by Sephiroth, featuring real time combat sticking with JRPG elements, how about the GC/GBA Mario RPGs mixed with Final Fantasy13's fast paced awesome gameplay in which you level up completely practically by which I mean, you get better at the things you actually use ala Final Fantasy 2 and Oblivion.

Alternatively they could mean, you play as Farcus Menix a manly man with a spikey beard and a chainsaw who is completely thick and embarks upon a gory quest to rape all women and kill a few hobbits before ending up infront of a big evil dragon called Butterfly who you kill then rape, after which you are then praised as saviour of the land and go back to rape and murder, only now people like you for it. OH and levels don't exist Farcus is already manly enough, and you have a first person or over the shoulder hack and slash gameplay where you buy different coloured chainsaws that depict the element of the weapon (what, us westerners LOVE RPG elements in games, especially if they don't actually do anything useful)

Chase Yojimbo

The Samurai Sage
Sep 1, 2009
... So Squeenix is dead... FF13 was one of their lesser titles in my opinion, and I think Imperial Hot needs to be replaced, so far hes been a friggen idiot, does he even know that FF13 had bad story? Even the Graphics Freaks had a hard time playing that stupid game.

Don't think i'm one of them. Story is my heart and soul, and Squeenix no longer has that, they sold it to look fancier and create gimp characters like in Nier...