Final Fantasy XIII International Trailer is Emo

ffxfriek

Apr 3, 2008
thecaptainof said:
Oh, for Christ's sake, Squeenix, really? Leona bloody Lewis?

I don't have the words. I really don't. I'm gonna wake up in a minute and find out I hallucinated that entire trailer.

The worst thing is, I know I'll still end up buying it like the good little Squeenix ***** that I am.
this exactly this....

josetaco

Oct 14, 2009
this is the same crap ff has been pumping out for years
this is what I got out of that trailer
same crappy voice acting
same horrendous dialog translation
same cheesy incoherent story
and whats with the fu$#@&* giant chickens
someone put a bullet in this series head

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
No this is definitely not for me. Lame looking characters, acting and music, there is just no way.

iPatrick

Jan 12, 2010
The amount of money that could be made simply by remaking FFVII would make the sales of FFXIII look like pocket-change.

Wounded Melody

Jan 19, 2009
Viruzzo said:
So, it's FF: looks good, story makes no sense. Plus a lame background song. I also hate that the afro guy is clearly a comic relief character, if One Piece taught us anything is that afro hair ROCKS!
Well, I wouldn't say that's 100% true about Sazh, at least from what I've seen watching the whole Japanese playthrough.

Wounded Melody

Jan 19, 2009
OT: I loved this trailer. A game has never made me cry, but the only games that have made me come close are Final Fantasy games. Here's hoping that Final Fantasy 13 can do the impossible and moisten the eyes of Zeldakong. I actually really hate the theme song, but in the context of the game it works brilliantly. Unfortunately, it doesn't stand up well on its own so I won't be trampling babies to buy the soundtrack I'm afraid.
Trust me, you'll cry. I did.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Random Argument Man said:
My opinion after seeing this song.
My God. It's so... perfect to describe how I reacted to this.

As soon as I hit the start of the music, I shut off the trailer. I'm pretty open-minded when it comes to music, but what was playing in that there trailer wasn't to my tastes.

blue heartless

Legacy
Aug 28, 2005
Orphans again? 0:22
Is that moon freaking FROZEN? 0:35
Branded by who? Lassie? 0:40
Who's Sarah? Sera? 0:52
She became LIGHTNING! 0:58
Loose screws- You didn't answer her question! 1:08
You must be Snow. Yes, I became SNOW. 1:10
Oh Cid is the bad guy this time. Again. 1:13
I'm BRIGADEER GENRAL! 1:15
Oh damn! 1:16
Haha erect- OMGBEWBS! 1:19
You're mah sun! 1:25
Oh hello! What;s this? 1:38
Is that Kid Rock? 1:47
IT MUST DIE! 2:05
Go Sith? Star Wars? Darth Maul? 2:20
SHOOT HER! 2:26
FUNKY! 2:27
SHOOGAHNRAYNBOWS! 2:30
Blocked. 2:48
And owned. 2:49
Damn that's a lot of damage being dealt. 2:55
Paradigm Shift? Big O's in this? 3:01
THE AFTERBURNERS! 3:20
Of course "Snow" get "Shiva"! 3:23
And Lightning get Ramuh. 3:26
Doesn't Link do that? 3:34
WHAT 3:40
Oooh got you there sister! 3:44
What the what? 3:52
BEWBS 3:53
TRON! Oh come on! 4:06
Well hello? 4:10
Aww.. 4:12
ARROW'D! 4:17
BIRD! 4:18
No wait, what is it? 4:19
Chocobo yeah, CHOCOBO! BABY! 4:20
Heeeeeeeeeeyyyy baaaaaaaayyyyyyybbeeeeeeeee!!! 4:21
Oh, it's over? 4:29
Hey, it's a day after my mom's birthday. 4:34

My first thoughts as they came to me. This was the first time I had seen this video.

ghostgnome

Jun 26, 2008
At least the demo for the game was bad ass. It was confusing as crap at first, but beautiful and amazingly fun when you got used to it

obex

Gone Gonzo ..... no ..... wait..
Jun 18, 2009
Am i the only one that thinks apart from the snippet of game footage this is more like a movie trailer than a game?

GoodEyeSniper

Sep 9, 2008
Hopefully the characters in this one are more likable than the ones in FF:XII. Loved the game, as I do in my fashion, but I felt completely detached from the characters.

Leaper

Jun 3, 2009
Well, the song is "meh" at best but overall the trailer is pretty good.

Still looking for more info about FFXIIvs, I really like FF series but right now FFXIII seems kinda too "girly" (and no, adding chainsaws to weapons wouldn't change that).

Hellz_Barz

May 16, 2009
the trailer is fairly emo, but emo themes are common in all jrpgs. although this looks like theyve got ok characters and the story r.ight

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
To explain my whining (on the first page if you're interested) - it's just such a massive disappointment. The music has always been one of the most important aspects of Final Fantasy games for me, and I've always been able to hold up the series as a shining example of how music in video games should be done... then this happens.

That said, the reason is fairly clear to me - lose Nobuo Uematsu, lose the plot. It really seems as though nobody can score a Final Fantasy game quite like him - taking FF12 as an example, the theme song was good (that was him) but the rest of the music was a bit meh compared to other games in the series. I note he's back on board for FF14, but there's so much other stuff that could go wrong in that game that it might not even matter.