'First 3 Twilight Films are Better than the original Star Wars Trilogy'

Wait...What

May 10, 2009
Okay first off, this isn't MY opinion. This is the opinion of Mark Kermode a BBC film critic who i greatly respect. I was just wondering your views on this.

Personally although i disagree, i can see where he's coming from. The original star wars trilogy is overrated and the twilight films do get some unfair hatred.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Hmmm... no they aren't and no they dont.

Personally I cannot understand why this would be said and I'm not even a Star Wars fan.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Overrated does not mean bad. Neither does does too much hate mean it's not completely unwarranted.

There is no question here, and subjectivity be damned
Star wars is better than twilight.

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
Wait...What said:
Okay first off, this isn't MY opinion. This is the opinion of Mark Kermode a BBC film critic who i greatly respect. I was just wondering your views on this.
The man is obviously a moron (my opinion)...

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
Wow, just wow! I'm not a massive Star Wars fan but this is a joke. I started watching the first Twilight film with my girlfriend (she wanted to watch them again before seeing the new one) and I could not believe how bad it was. The acting was okay I guess, but the story and dialogue was shocking to the point of some scenes being just down right creepy. Apparently it 'makes more sense' if you have read the book, but then that defeats the purpose of it being a movie. There is no possible way that this was better then the Star Wars trilogy.

bak00777

Oct 3, 2009
That guy had to have been kidding...because if he rly thinks that...well may god have mercy on his soul.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
I haven't actually seen the Twilight movies so I cannot make a truly educated judgment. From what I have seen however this claim seems highly suspect.

Wait...What

May 10, 2009
I wouldn't really be shocked but Mark Kermode is an amazing reviewer who is able to pick apart movies perfectly and analyse them for their message and spectacle. Just listen to his free podcasts on itunes. After hearing him analyse twilight i actually ended up agreeing with him (not that i really hated the series before just thought nothing about it).

Instinct Blues

Jun 8, 2008
That guy is clearly off his meds Star Wars is infinitely more interesting than any of that drivel in Twilight. I mean Star Wars has characters with emotions and ones that actually use rational human thought instead of trusting someone they don't know who everytime they are around they get horribly injured.

Grand_Arcana

Aug 5, 2009
While the original Star Wars movies weren't from the lost vault of Xerxes or something, they are better than Twilight. Period. The Prequel series, on the other hand, may be debatable.

It just goes to show you, don't trust british movie critics : P