First New Game of 2012?

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Title basically says it all. What is either

1. The first new game you've bought of 2012? or
2. If you haven't bought one yet, what is the first one you're going to buy?

I haven't actually bought any new games this year yet, but my first is going to be Devil Survivor 2 at the end of February.

zombieshark6666

Sep 27, 2011
I have a few 360 and PSP games to play, so the first game I'll buy this year will be The Witcher 2, and that's not before a few months. :)

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Mass Effect 3. I've bought it, just can't get it until it's released. If you mean games I can play now, though, then that'd be Dead Island.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
First game I bought was the X-Com pack when it was on sale on Steam. So far i've only played UFO defense, but that was a very good game. ^_^

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Well, I bought ME3, but that was pre-ordered last year, so yeah...

Oh, and I picked up Vanquish second hand (it wasn't very good), but that came out in 2010.

So... nothing!

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
Probably The Darkness 2 or Kingdoms of Amalur. I'm pretty sure they both come out next week, maybe the week after.

Zx30

Oct 4, 2011
None yet...but it'll either probably be the a new Megaman game(if any are announced), Mass effect 3, or Halo4. Which ever comes first.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
Haven't bought any yet. I'm considering Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (most likely since it's cheapest and I have a big Golden Sun itch for some reason), King of Fighters XIII, and BlazBlue CS EXTEND for my first game purchase of 2012.

MrBaguette

Jan 26, 2012
I think the first game of 2012 should be either mass effect 3 or something unexpected...I dunno like a go back to the retro era or something. Maybe a week dedicated to all those lost classics. I heard the first deus ex was a fantastic game if not a little old.

xDarc

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Dunno. Was going to be ME3, but don't want the garbage software that comes with it. Hoping PlanetSide2 or Stalker2 comes out this year. Maybe CounterStrike GO.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
First one was Space Pirates and Zombies. Was on sale on Steam so I picked it up. Decent game, haven't played it much yet though.

The first major title will likely be Final Fantasy XIII-2. The only other game that really has me that I can think of is Starcraft II. Mass Effect III and Diablo III were both on my list but have since been cut.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I found my old copy of Jedi Knight 2, 5 days ago, does that count? I had 3 years looking for it, it turned up inside a toy batmobile, that damned Batman was trying to steal it, but if it doesn't count then I got nothing, but then again last year I didn't buy any games either so I wouldn't expect to buy anything all year long... I'm not only broke, I also don't have any game platforms, though I've been thinking of maybe buying something off gog.com I figure they must have something this thing can run, from around the same year as Jedi Knight 2.

darth.pixie

Jan 20, 2011
Will probably be Risen 2. I don't know, I've stopped waiting for games, honestly and I haven't found any other I'd want. I'm curious about the Cross of the Dutchman so I will probably purchase that when it's launched.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
I haven't bought one yet and I don't know if I am going to be buying one all year, actually. This looks to be a very crappy year for gaming. I was going to get Mass Effect 3 but fuck Origin.
I am on the fence with Kingdoms of Amalur, I may wait until a price drop(Does that still count as buying brand new?)
There was the expansion for Shogun 2 but I technically preordered that last year. Hmm...if Guild Wars 2 comes out this year I may get that. Besides that, nothing!
I am going to ride SSF4: AE all year, baby!

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Ico and Shadow of Colossus HD bundle. I never played Ico when it originally came out and am enjoying it but it can be really fustrating at times.

I've played SoC before at a friend's house but only up to the second boss. Now I'm up to the third boss and stuck on how to get to it. The sword keeps shining at an island and I can't get on it....

But if these don't count then most likely I'll be getting FF XIII-2. I felt a little annoyed when the demo they released for it was the same thing that I had played about 3 months ago, albeit slightly different, at a games convention.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
Probably gonna be UFC Undisputed 3, maybe move on to Fall of the Samurai S2TW expansion next?

MarkDavis94

Jan 12, 2011
I pre-ordered Kingdoms of Amalur and its unlikely I'll be buying anything before that gets here.

NorthernStar

Oct 24, 2011
Haven't bought anything yet but have pre-ordered FFXIII-2, Catherine (it's released in February in Europe...) and Mass Effect 3. :D