First New Game of 2012?

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
Well the last game I tried was the Trine 2 demo, and that was pretty good, but as for any other titles, I have no idea what games I'm buying this year. It all seems kinda crappy to me.

I know many others will disagree but I personally can't think of a single title I'm excited for.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Do iOS games count? Cause if they do then it was either Run Roo Run, Bug Princess or Tiny Wings. If not then I wouldn't mind getting Halo: Anniversary or Rayman Origins. Or Street Fighter x Tekken when it comes out, although I don't really fancy paying £40 for a fighting game.

ms_sunlight

Jun 6, 2011
I've pre-ordered Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and Mass Effect 3. I haven't actually received any new games yet.

I will confess though, I've just bought another copy of Zeus: Master of Olympus and its expansion pack Poseidon: God of Atlantis. This is a city building game from 2000; I had it years ago, played it to death and gave it away to a friend (who still plays it). I had the great misfortune to discuss it on the Escapist forums and started missing it, so another copy I had to have!

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I have a copy of Mass Effect 3 N7 Edition pre-ordered and paid off, but there's a possibility that the boyfriend might get KoA:R when it comes out. (which in that case I'll play it)

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
It's going to be one of three games.

1.) The Darkness 2 - Demo was fab.
2.) Mass Effect 3 - Oh, to see the adorable Tali again would be a blast. I'm kind of expecting big things from this one.
3.) Dark Souls - My original copy of Dark Souls died from overplaying it. Damned fine game.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
I'm waiting for a Skyrim sale on Steam. After all, I would be saving at least $10 on a sale (along with the 33% off the $60 price with a coupon).

Andaxay

Thinking with Portals
Jun 4, 2008
Solaire of Astora said:
Haven't bought any yet. I'm considering Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (most likely since it's cheapest and I have a big Golden Sun itch for some reason), King of Fighters XIII, and BlazBlue CS EXTEND for my first game purchase of 2012.
I loved the first two Golden Sun games and to say I was worried about the whole "you play as the protagonists' kids" (never really appealed to me) I ended up really enjoying Dark Dawn. I'd recommend it if you're a fan of the series.

I bought Resident Evil: Revelations on 3DS when it launched here last Friday but I haven't had chance to play it, yet. Reviews swayed me, plus I love my Resident Evils.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Soul Calibur V. Have it preordered from the local Best Buy... rather get the DLC character as a preorder bonus than a silly little bobblehead. Sure, there is stuff I'm not entirely thrilled about, like the absence of Talim, but almost everything else makes up for it and I think this may end up as one of my favourite entries in the series.

The

Jan 24, 2012
I got Rocksmith in the beginning of the month. Just broke a guitar string.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
I just bought the first Bioshock. Probably going to get Kingdoms of Amular because I love the demo.

Bagged Milk

Jan 5, 2011
Does getting into the Dota 2 beta count? 'Cause that happened. It seems like a good game, if you know how to play it, unfortunately I don't. But if that doesn't count I think I'm going to buy Rayman when it comes out for pc!

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Miyam2 said:
Planning to buy Rayman: Origins. I've only heard good things about that game.
Do it. Now. I mean it. Origins is one of the best platformers I've ever played in recent memory. You'd be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't buy it.

*Ahem*

Anyway, probably The Darkness 2.

I never played the first Darkness but the demo impressed me in more ways than one and the story that was shown left me wanting more. It's shaping up to be one of the best games of the year so far, in my opinion.