First Trailer for New Muppets Movie Poses as Generic RomCom

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Mantonio said:
"I'm glad to see this, because for the past few decades The Muppets have been very medium."

"Medium?"

"Yes. Not rare, and certainly not well done!"

"DO-HO-HO-HO-HO-HO!"
"Wake up you old fool! You slept though the whole show!"

"Who's the fool? You watched it!"

"BO-HO-HO-HO-HO-HO!"

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Digikid said:
Ugh. Muppets are so....so....STUPID.

Come on people! Grow up a little. Muppets are for CHILDREN.
They're really not. They're a group the whole family can enjoy. You'd be surprised how much of an influence the muppets has on most modern comedy.

Also this is a site with a massive My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic following. No body gives a shit.

InevitableFate

May 10, 2009
Dear Hollywood.

Please give me a date, not "thankgiving". You know, those things made of numbers that represent time? They usually look like this: 24/6/2011. It saves me googling some pointless American holiday I don't care one whit about.

Yours Sincerely,
Me.

Kneel

Jan 5, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
That was pretty funny.

Fozzie sound very off though... Oh Jim, why'd you have to die?
I think Fozzie was performed by Frank Oz.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Digikid said:

Next you'll say My Little Pony is for children as well.

*Shakes head*

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Scott Bullock said:
The film is supposed to be released this Thanksgiving, and if it doesn't include the balcony-dwelling hecklers Statler and Waldorf, I will hunt you down and teach you the meaning of pain, Segel. Just you watch.
You won't be the only one. I'll bring the beating flail.

diggy140892

Jun 4, 2010
The Great JT said:
Scott Bullock said:
The film is supposed to be released this Thanksgiving, and if it doesn't include the balcony-dwelling hecklers Statler and Waldorf, I will hunt you down and teach you the meaning of pain, Segel. Just you watch.
How can a muppet movie not feature Waldorf and Statler. It just wouldn't be right.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Kneel said:
Casual Shinji said:
That was pretty funny.

Fozzie sound very off though... Oh Jim, why'd you have to die?
I think Fozzie was performed by Frank Oz.
Correct and that is why Yoda and Fozzie sound the same.

OT: If Dave Goelz is on board then so am I.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
diggy140892 said:
The Great JT said:
Scott Bullock said:
How can a muppet movie not feature Waldorf and Statler. It just wouldn't be right.
They're kind of stuck in that balcony thing. Maybe they will pop up for a bit, though?

I remember seeing this ad four days ago. It looked like the most bland, cliched RomCom ever...then Muppets. Muppets everywhere. Major 'WTF' moment.

ThatNickGuy

Apr 8, 2011
Hamster at Dawn said:
So does the movie have nothing to do with that romcom section or is that part of the plot?
From what I understand, the plot will be around The Muppets globetrotting to find all their friends again so they can pitch or put together a movie/play. I don't think it has very much of the rom-com aspect in it.

Mantonio

Apr 15, 2009
Digikid said:

"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

tl;dr: YOU are the child. So shut up, go away, and don't let the doorknob hit you on the way out.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
Digikid said:

Seriously? You've never seen Waldolf and Slader? (Slater? Slader?)

That shit is NOT suitable for kids at all.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Digikid said:

Not so. The Muppets are, at their most basic, a very deep and real reflection of our own lives and problems. Even though the Muppet's show itself is about 30 years old, the insight they provided, and continue to provide, into the human condition and society's flaws continue to be relevant even in this day. Through comedy, and the inherent innocence that presenting these issues through a medium composed of stuffed dolls offers, Jim henson was able to apply his own unique philosophy and virtues in a way that religion, the educational system, and perhaps even the internet itself cannot even dream of aspiring to.

For example, watch the following video, and tell me you don't get that sense of a universal truth slowly being unveiled, teetering on the edge of your mind, seconds away from splashing down into the sloshing, foaming chaos of consciousness.

Captain-Giggles

May 21, 2008
Seeing this trailer made me realise how little of the muppets I've seen, not sure if it was aired over in Ireland when I was a kid, though I remember the odd episode. Perhaps a night of Muppets are in order...

Arec Balrin

Feb 26, 2010
I remember the show at Disneyland.

Fozzie: "Oh no, what are you guys doing here?"

Waldoff: "We were in a competition"

Slader: "Yeah, we lost"

Both: DO HO HOHOHO!

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Yes! YES!! YES!!!

I've got fever, and the only prescription is more MUPPETS!