First Trailer for New Muppets Movie Poses as Generic RomCom

Feb 13, 2008
Andronicus said:
Even though the Muppet's show itself is about 30 years old,
The Muppets themselves are about 65 years old. Henson created them in 54-55. The Muppet Show itself is 35 years old.

They've never been just for kids though.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Scott Bullock said:
First Trailer for New Muppets Movie Poses as Generic RomCom

[if it doesn't include the balcony-dwelling hecklers Statler and Waldorf, I will hunt you down and teach you the meaning of pain, Segel. Just you watch.

this! a million times this! the greatest OAP's ever!

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Digikid said:
Ugh. Muppets are so....so....STUPID.

Come on people! Grow up a little. Muppets are for CHILDREN.
Yeah, that's why they had the likes of Alice Cooper guesting on the Muppet Show.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
This is something long overdue, the trailer gives me lots of hope that it will be a glorious return of the Muppets from their current exile on YouTube.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Digikid said:
Muppets are for CHILDREN.
Even if that were true - and it's not - why would that be a bad thing? The Lego series of videogames are for children, and they're loads of fun. The Harry Potter books are Young Adult fiction - supposedly not for grownups. Same is true for The Hunger Games.

There are plenty of things meant "for kids" that are just as enjoyable for adults. I suggest it's you who needs to lighten up, not Muppet fans who need to "grow up."

Live4Lotus said:
I was never a big muppets fan, but I don't recall a terrorist muppet...when did they add him?
He's not a terrorist, he just likes blowing things up. He's been around since the original Muppet Show.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Cookie for the one who gets this:

-What do you get when you cross a magician with camera?
-Hocus Focus!

I can't wait for Fozzie.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
New Muppets film = awesome!
Muppets now owned by Disney(?) = not awesome...

To be honest I'm not a fan of any Rom-com, no matter how many Muppets it has in. I'd rather take Muppet Treasure Island thank you.

Athelion

Feb 20, 2011
They didn't show this trailer when i saw POTCOST. They only showed a trailer for Cars 2. WTF!

KrossBillNye

Jan 25, 2010
Digikid said:
Muppets are for CHILDREN.
On that same merit you can say Transformers is for children.

If I recall correctly Jim Henson himself said once during making the Muppet Show that his ambition for the Muppets was to make it enjoyable for children and adults alike to watch. There are some jokes in the shows and movies that if you watched as a child you would enjoy it without question. But as an adult watching the same movie/show you would pick up on jokes that you would understand at your age that you could never notice as a child.

As one of the many folks here that grew up on the Muppets this was one movie I looked at my own ma whom I went to go see Pirates with said plainly; Ma, this is a movie we should totally go see.

It is a nostalgia seeing old childhood shows still popping up to bring further entertainment. I am a bit disappointed that Disney bought it off from the Henson family but if they can continue to bring quality work of the Muppets I would be satisfied.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
This news post ruined the surprise behind the trailer. I am disappoint.

However, I've been eagerly anticipating this movie for quite some time now. I am not disappoint.

P.S. Thanks

Buzz Killington_v1legacy

Likes Good Stories About Bridges
Aug 8, 2009
Mantonio said:
"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis
This is one of the few times that I've wished this board had a like button.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
FireCoroner said:
Mantonio said:
"I'm glad to see this, because for the past few decades The Muppets have been very medium."

"Medium?"

"Yes. Not rare, and certainly not well done!"

"DO-HO-HO-HO-HO-HO!"
Give this man a biscuit!
Screw the bisquit. Buy him a drink