First Trailer for New Muppets Movie Poses as Generic RomCom

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Captain-Giggles said:
Seeing this trailer made me realise how little of the muppets I've seen, not sure if it was aired over in Ireland when I was a kid, though I remember the odd episode. Perhaps a night of Muppets are in order...
When were you born cos it definitely aired here.I remember watching The Muppet Show every Sunday on RTÉ during the 80's

Captain-Giggles

May 21, 2008
MetalDooley said:
Captain-Giggles said:
Seeing this trailer made me realise how little of the muppets I've seen, not sure if it was aired over in Ireland when I was a kid, though I remember the odd episode. Perhaps a night of Muppets are in order...
When were you born cos it definitely aired here.I remember watching The Muppet Show every Sunday on RTÉ during the 80's
1991, perhaps I just missed it, or was too wrapped up in other shows at the time.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Captain-Giggles said:
MetalDooley said:
Captain-Giggles said:
1991, perhaps I just missed it, or was too wrapped up in other shows at the time.
Ah right I think they'd stopped showing it by then.They did show "Muppets Tonight" on RTÉ during the mid 90's though

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Scott Bullock said:
The film is supposed to be released this Thanksgiving, and if it doesn't include the balcony-dwelling hecklers Statler and Waldorf, I will hunt you down and teach you the meaning of pain, Segel. Just you watch.

One should not threaten Jason Segel, for his laugh is amazing, and his talent enormous. Plus, he's bringing the Muppets back. If more astounding news has been told this year, I cannot fathom what it was.

unicron44

Oct 12, 2010
This is excellent news, I absolutely love the Muppets. I can't wait to see some Dr. Honeydew and Beaker.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
Formica Archonis said:
Digikid said:
Ugh. Muppets are so....so....STUPID.

Come on people! Grow up a little. Muppets are for CHILDREN.
Yeah, that's why they had the likes of Alice Cooper guesting on the Muppet Show.
That is NOT a positive thing. ugh.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Digikid said:
Formica Archonis said:
Digikid said:

Yeah, that's why they had the likes of Alice Cooper guesting on the Muppet Show.
Not fond of a bit of Grand Guignol theatrics? Oh, well, that's a matter of taste. Still, not targeted at kids.

MolotoK

Jul 16, 2008
There should be a spoiler warning in this article!!!!

Ruins the surprise if you know its a trailer for a muppet movie.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Hmm, interesting. Don't think I'll be rushing out to see a Muppets film, but good luck to 'em nonetheless.

Of course, I am still none the wiser as to when the film is actually coming out. When is thanksgiving anyway? :p

Lissa-QUON

Jun 22, 2009
Digikid said:
Formica Archonis said:
Digikid said:

Hey, that Alice Cooper episode was damn awesome. He kept trying to get folks to sign folks up with contracts selling their soul to Satan. It was hilarious.

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
...*explodes* YES! WOOOOOOO! FUCKIN YEAH! MOTHERFUCKA! FUCKIN MUPPETS!!! WOOOO!!!!

... *composes self*

Sorry, Sorry. I love the Muppets. This rocks. Seriously. Can. not. wait.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Mantonio said:
"I'm glad to see this, because for the past few decades The Muppets have been very medium."

"Medium?"

"Yes. Not rare, and certainly not well done!"

"DO-HO-HO-HO-HO-HO!"
To true, to true. And also hilarious.

Also, I don't expect this movie to be any different, because Jim Henson is dead and Disney is now running the show. And for those of you who would like to argue, I challenge you to name one film Disney has put out that hasn't been shit in the last fifteen years.
Just be aware that there are only two responses you'll get from me no matter what you say.
1) That's a Pixar film.
and
2)I rest my case.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
That was actually a really damn clever trailer. I kind of wish I had found out about it somewhere else so the Muppet reveal could have truly taken me off guard, though.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
I'm an Amy Adams fanboy, I'll admit. I just fell in love with Giselle from Enchanted and I think playing the slightly innocent girl role fits her waaaaay better than any other role she's done, like The Fighter. Man, that was harsh to watch...

Anywho, Amy Adams will be the only reason I'll watch the movie. Not the Muppets. :D

guntotingtomcat

Jun 29, 2010
And my childhood smacks me in the face with a frying pan and says "We're back!"

Is it really going to be good, though?
Are we too optimistic?

I really hope not. My innocence depends on it.

GroovyV

Feb 23, 2011
Oh my god. I remember watching this preview the other day-before Pirates came on, (while sitting in a crummy theatre chair that kept slipping back into the recline position and the guy behind me kept grunting...)
and while watching i thought... dang, what a boring looking trailer...
And then KERMIT AND MISS PIGGY SHOWED UP!

I started smiling so much and almost laughed . Not many people in the theater did though. Losers.
Used to have this one video on cassette of Miss Piggy and Kermit reminiscing over previous episodes of the show over a candlelight dinner.
"Your reflexes seem a little slow...and confused."

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
Digikid said:

Your name is Digikid, which I imagine is a reference to Digimon. Furthermore, your avatar is a cat wearing a Christmas hat. If that isn't childish, then I don't know what is.

OT: I love The Muppets. Also, Neil Patrick Harris and Danny Trejo. Hell. Yes.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
The two main actors are comedy people. Had I not been SPOILED!!!! I would have realized immediatly there was something fishy.