First Transformers 3 Trailer Reveals 40 Year Old Secret

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
So, Michael Bay is aware of how horribly racist and stupid Transformers 2 was.

I can only imagine how this will manifest as change in Transformers 3; he's either going to take stabs at his critics (it's been done before. Anyone else remember Lady in the Water?) or he's going to actually address the issues.

No Megan Fox is a good start.

Still, I've been bitten twice, so unless I get a group to riff on the movie with me, the box office isn't seeing any of my money.

Corohan said:
Why have the Transformer films been glorifying America so much?
You obviously aren't aware of Michael Bay's style of directing.
Between the Baysplosions and his personal political commentary, nothing is safe from collateral damage. Not even the image of a country everyone else already hates.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
innocentEX said:
When will they bring back the Bug transformers, which were shaped as bugs? 4th movie? 5th?
I doubt they'll bring back the Insecticons. (God...now I feel like a nerd...)

Thaliur

Jan 3, 2008
thenumberthirteen said:
Ok Bay used up all my good will towards the franchise to see the last two movies. I'm not making that mistake again. I'd only go see this for free.

Also what is up with that title? I get the film has something to do with the dark side of the moon, but why not just call it "Dark Side" than name it after one of the most famous albums of all time?

"Coming next fall Tron 3: OK Computer!"

Also if you're going to the dark side of the Moon (which is a misnomer since there is no "Dark Side") why land ON THE TOTALLY OTHER SIDE OF THE MOON!? Seriously. Did they take an Easyjet flight or something.
The weird thing is, the trailer shows a scene where we see the Apollo lander, and a HUGE ALIEN SPACESHIP in the background. I'm really curious to hear the explanation why the HUGE ALIEN SPACESHIP is missing on the official Apollo videos which were presumably transmitted live, in a time when video editing was not exactly at its technological peak.

MasterKirov

Nov 8, 2009
If it adds fire to the discussion, I overheard it be mentioned that Shockwave of all people is supposed to be the big bad. Still, no way that yellow robot is him. Or Unicron. For a start, Unicron would probably be large enough to OM NOM the moon.

I'm going to go with rumour it's either Alpha Trion or Sentinel Prime. Then again, beyond a couple of reveals and possibly some false leaks (again, I hold both Shockwave and Silverbolt with a level of skepticism, especially as there was already a leaked script that turned out to be fake so it's just as likely they could be faked) I'll reserve judgment until the bot's are revealed.

As for whether or not I'll see this, again I reserve judgement. Bay has a lot of work to do if he wants to repair the assfest that was Revenge of the Fallen.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Thaliur said:
thenumberthirteen said:
Ok Bay used up all my good will towards the franchise to see the last two movies. I'm not making that mistake again. I'd only go see this for free.

Also what is up with that title? I get the film has something to do with the dark side of the moon, but why not just call it "Dark Side" than name it after one of the most famous albums of all time?

"Coming next fall Tron 3: OK Computer!"

Also if you're going to the dark side of the Moon (which is a misnomer since there is no "Dark Side") why land ON THE TOTALLY OTHER SIDE OF THE MOON!? Seriously. Did they take an Easyjet flight or something.
The weird thing is, the trailer shows a scene where we see the Apollo lander, and a HUGE ALIEN SPACESHIP in the background. I'm really curious to hear the explanation why the HUGE ALIEN SPACESHIP is missing on the official Apollo videos which were presumably transmitted live, in a time when video editing was not exactly at its technological peak.
Easy. The moon landing we saw was faked and they staged a boring Moon landing beforehand to fool us.

Also nobody saw that giant crashed spaceship before (such as the Russians who photographed the dark side of the Moon first) because... they were... because it's a Michael Bay film and logic and reason do not exist there. Maybe they all got that contagious amnesia that everyone got at the end of the first film as somehow they were able to cover up the existence of Transformers despite having a MASSIVE BATTLE IN THE MIDDLE OF A CITY IN BROAD DAYLIGHT!!! I've actually read Mt Bay's explanation as to why everyone forgot about that. I won't repeat it as it is offensively stupid.

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
Logan Westbrook said:
According to Collider [http://www.collider.com/2010/12/08/transformers-dark-moon-trailer-transformers-3-trailer/], director Michael Bay is aware that Revenge of the Fallen had its problems, and wants Dark of the Moon to be a significant improvement in terms of story and action.
Then why is he still directing it?
*Rimshot*

DSK-

May 13, 2010
tkioz said:
While I detested the second Transformers movie, and was very meh about the first, this one actually looks interesting, if they keep the human characters to professionals and stay the hell away from that damn kid and his girlfriend.

Side note, anyone else thinking Vector Sigma for the transformer at the end? And god I feel like such a nerd now.
As I mentioned in another thread that announced the trailer, it looks a lot like Unicron.

Zhukov said:
But... but... but...

Where is Shia LaBeouf?

Without Shia's unique charm, inspirational talent and superb performances, this movie just won't be a real Transformers movie. I just know they are going to ruin the franchise forever by focusing entirely on the stupid giant robots and excluding all the intricate relationships and profound romance associated with the human characters of the series.

Nope, none of that. Just giant robots hitting each other. Oh man, this is going to suck.
Haha, you almost made me fall out of my chair :D

A cookie for you good sir (and I may as well give you a glass of milk to go with it!)

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
DaxStrife said:
Logan Westbrook said:
According to Collider [http://www.collider.com/2010/12/08/transformers-dark-moon-trailer-transformers-3-trailer/], director Michael Bay is aware that Revenge of the Fallen had its problems, and wants Dark of the Moon to be a significant improvement in terms of story and action.
Then why is he still directing it?
*Rimshot*
Did I laugh at that? Why yes, I did. :)

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
I wis hit did'nt say 'our nations greatest achievment'
Mr Bay does realise There are more countrys than America right?

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
So the Transformers were really constructed by the nazis?

:O

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Kwatsu said:
If the downed Transformer is on the dark side of the moon, why is that area perfectly lit? The whole point of the moon having a dark side is that sunlight never--oh, forget it.
That's not how the moon works...

The moon always faces Earth the same way, and the entire moon gets lit up over the course of about 14 days...

KorLeonis

Mar 15, 2010
Since I don't enjoy 2 hour long migraines, I won't be seeing it in 3D.

Since I don't enjoy Bay and his obsession with Baysplosions!!1! butchering my childhood, I won't be paying to see it.

I suppose its entirely possible that there may be a way to see it for free and without the severe headache, if that happens I may watch the movie.

Thaliur

Jan 3, 2008
lacktheknack said:
The moon always faces Earth the same way, and the entire moon gets lit up over the course of about 14 days...
I think whenever people refer to the dark side of the moon, they actually refer to the one that never faces earth (at least not for the next few millenia).
The term is still scientifically wrong, nad I don't think anybody should use it. That includes the most boring music album I ever heard.

thenumberthirteen said:
Also nobody saw that giant crashed spaceship before (such as the Russians who photographed the dark side of the Moon first) because... they were... because it's a Michael Bay film and logic and reason do not exist there. Maybe they all got that contagious amnesia that everyone got at the end of the first film as somehow they were able to cover up the existence of Transformers despite having a MASSIVE BATTLE IN THE MIDDLE OF A CITY IN BROAD DAYLIGHT!!! I've actually read Mt Bay's explanation as to why everyone forgot about that. I won't repeat it as it is offensively stupid.
I really feared they might bring up the fake moon landing thing...
OK, I'll try some suspension of disbelief...

And now I'm looking for that explanation.