First Transformers 3 Trailer Reveals 40 Year Old Secret

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Thaliur said:
thenumberthirteen said:
Also nobody saw that giant crashed spaceship before (such as the Russians who photographed the dark side of the Moon first) because... they were... because it's a Michael Bay film and logic and reason do not exist there. Maybe they all got that contagious amnesia that everyone got at the end of the first film as somehow they were able to cover up the existence of Transformers despite having a MASSIVE BATTLE IN THE MIDDLE OF A CITY IN BROAD DAYLIGHT!!! I've actually read Mt Bay's explanation as to why everyone forgot about that. I won't repeat it as it is offensively stupid.
I really feared they might bring up the fake moon landing thing...
OK, I'll try some suspension of disbelief...

And now I'm looking for that explanation.
They've already brought up a government conspiracy to cover up the moon landings since they found aliens. That's worse.

I'll give you his explanation (or at least what I read). Remember that big Tsunami that struck Indonesia and a large part of Southern Asia on Christmas 2004 killing hundreds of thousands and leaving millions homeless? Well according to Michael Bay everyone's forgotten about it now, and so people just forgot that giant robots destroyed a city. Seriously. That's his explanation.

Since it happened on American soil and many people were killed or injured with widespread destruction in the middle of a large city I'd equate it more to 9/11 with Space Robots.

CrazT

Sep 19, 2009
well, it's definitely interested me, but i can't say i'm excited. the trailers for the first 2 were awesome, but the films were terrrible

JaymesFogarty

Aug 19, 2009
Wait a minute? The third movie will be the last one?
Bullshit; this is Michael Bay we're talking about. I'm seeing at least a fifth at this rate.

Exort

Oct 11, 2010
Are you sure this is Michael Bay's?
Did they run out of explosive?
I was expecting three explosion every frame.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
poiumty said:
I like how the Transformers are all made of this shiny metal thing that never corrodes or gets worn out.
Bumblebee's first form in the movie was a bit rusty if you look carefully, because it was an old car.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
I was some what expecting the line "My God...it's full of stars"

Lets face it I wouldn't be too surprised if Bay stole from another science fiction film.

More on topic, I wasn't a huge fan of the last one, the robot didn't look too evil and assuming the astronauts survive (a la reality) then it could well be Optimus Snr

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
Ha, I think NASA's probably going to use this trailer the same way they use Armageddeon...to train engineers on everything that's scientifically wrong with Michael Bay's concept of space.

thenumberthirteen said:
Thaliur said:
thenumberthirteen said:
Also nobody saw that giant crashed spaceship before (such as the Russians who photographed the dark side of the Moon first) because... they were... because it's a Michael Bay film and logic and reason do not exist there. Maybe they all got that contagious amnesia that everyone got at the end of the first film as somehow they were able to cover up the existence of Transformers despite having a MASSIVE BATTLE IN THE MIDDLE OF A CITY IN BROAD DAYLIGHT!!! I've actually read Mt Bay's explanation as to why everyone forgot about that. I won't repeat it as it is offensively stupid.
I really feared they might bring up the fake moon landing thing...
OK, I'll try some suspension of disbelief...

And now I'm looking for that explanation.
They've already brought up a government conspiracy to cover up the moon landings since they found aliens. That's worse.

I'll give you his explanation (or at least what I read). Remember that big Tsunami that struck Indonesia and a large part of Southern Asia on Christmas 2004 killing hundreds of thousands and leaving millions homeless? Well according to Michael Bay everyone's forgotten about it now, and so people just forgot that giant robots destroyed a city. Seriously. That's his explanation.

Since it happened on American soil and many people were killed or injured with widespread destruction in the middle of a large city I'd equate it more to 9/11 with Space Robots.
What, you don't remember when giant space robots leveled Kansas City just before the tsunami?

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Wait... isn't the title "Dark Side of the Moon"? If so, each and every instance of the film's title in this news article is missing the word "side" from it, which is sort of odd (once I can see, but all three times?). You might want to fix that.

Super pedant away!

OManoghue

Dec 12, 2008
I liked the first one, there was a small amount of characters, and we learned all their names. Sadly, very few were developed in anyway and the films should still be about the robots first and the teen crap second, but at least you knew who everyone was. The second one was terrible. Just awful. SO hopefully this one has MAX 7 vs 7 on the robot side, and PLEASE give the decepticons more lines and develop their characters. A good movie is made even better by good villains.

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Gildan Bladeborn said:
Logan Westbrook said:
Wait... isn't the title "Dark Side of the Moon"? If so, each and every instance of the film's title in this news article is missing the word "side" from it, which is sort of odd (once I can see, but all three times?). You might want to fix that.

Super pedant away!
I appreciate people pointing out when I've made mistakes, but could you do me a favor and actually make sure that I've made a mistake before you start correcting me?

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
tkioz said:
Side note, anyone else thinking Vector Sigma for the transformer at the end? And god I feel like such a nerd now.
That was actually my first thought, too.
I'm thinking Omega Supreme but then, all I have to go on is War for Cybertron...actually, hold that thought *consults google-images*

yeah, I'm sticking to my thought of Omega. Though I could see how that bot could be Vector or, Sentinel.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
tkioz said:
Side note, anyone else thinking Vector Sigma for the transformer at the end? And god I feel like such a nerd now.
He looked like a mini Unicron, or Wreck-Gar. I am definately curious now.

Oh and...

No Megan Fox? Hooray!

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
Gildan Bladeborn said:
Logan Westbrook said:

Super pedant away!
I appreciate people pointing out when I've made mistakes, but could you do me a favor and actually make sure that I've made a mistake before you start correcting me?
Oh, I was 100% sure you'd made a mistake on the title when I posted that, the uncertainty was just precisely where that had been; you were also the author of the earlier news post about the 3D filming rumors (which is linked to in this article) that put forth Dark Side of the Moon as the title - given the contradiction, there was simply no way both could be correct. It seemed like Dark of the Moon was the title in error, but I haven't been following news about Bay's latest opus via other channels so the entirety of my knowledge of its existence (and title) has been derived from news posts here on The Escapist, thus when I wrote my post I had no other frame of reference (hence my less than complete certainty).

But upon poking around IMDB just now I see that the odd sounding Dark of the Moon is in fact the official title, so no, there isn't a problem with the title in this article as you correctly point out; the problem is in the other [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105670-Michael-Bay-Vigorously-Denies-Claims-of-3D-Problems-on-Next-Transformers-Movie] article. In retrospect I should probably have mentioned that was why the title in this article looked wrong to me.