Flirting

nunqual

Jul 18, 2010
Well... It depends from gal to gal. Flirting for some can be listening and offering advice and sympathy, while for others it's giggling and smiling. It's the kind of thing you know about if you know the person, like if they start acting weird and affectionate when they're usually cold and callous. That's an extreme example obviously, but I hope you get my point.

Kelthurin

Jun 18, 2009
SilverUchiha said:
What I hate about flirting is wondering what the meaning is behind it. Sometimes, there is a legit attraction. Sometimes, she's just a flirt. I find it pretty damn hard to differentiate the two.
And sometimes, they just want to be your friend. Aww. Meh.

I want status indicators on people.

daftalchemist

Aug 6, 2008
It's all about the physical contact. I'm kind of a flirt without realizing it, but the way I always flirted with guys I liked was with physical contact. It makes sense. If you like someone, you want to be close to them. So unnecessary hugging, touching hair, and with my current boyfriend I would tickle him because he's very ticklish. That and when we would play video games, instead of sitting on the large spacious couch in my living room, I would pull the ottoman close to the TV and we would sit shoulder to shoulder on it while we owned dudes together.

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
I don't know. I never figured the flirting thing out.
I'll think that a chick is flirting with me, but then I'll find out that she has a boyfriend or is gay or something.

So confusing.

XSA37

Aug 5, 2009
dathwampeer said:
Use the Turk method.

Tell an amazingly bad joke and if she laughs you're golden.

Just make sure not to fool yourself into thinking you're funny.
Scrubs win. And yeah, just watch for things like excessive touching, laughing at what you say, generally spending more time than normal with you for no apparent reason.

nunqual

Jul 18, 2010
The Austin said:
I'll think that a chick is flirting with me, but then I'll find out that she has a boyfriend or is gay or something.

So confusing.
Some women just like to flirt, regardless of whether or not they're in a relationship.

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
nunqual said:
The Austin said:

So confusing.
Some women just like to flirt, regardless of whether or not they're in a relationship.
Yeah, well it pisses me off.
I think she's interested and then I find out that she's just being a cocktease.

Sigh.

ViolentlyHappy91

Kerrick of Long Service
Apr 16, 2009
Flirting is wrong and you're a bad person for doing it and anyone who does it is a bad person!

As you can tell, I'm joking.

Nobody flirts with me, and if they do, I don't notice. I have asperger syndrome, so I can't really read it if someone is. Makes things difficult.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
Danzaivar said:
1) If you think she's flirting, then she's just being friendly.

2) If you think she's just being friendly, then she's probably flirting with you.

3) If you try act on 2), it becomes 1).
painful but true

Kraj

Jan 21, 2008
My sympathies man.
I have the same problem. The girl I'm with right now I was interested in for 2 years. Through other relationships even. I finally found out all the time we spent together she was trying to get me to jump her bones. >_>
her... pretty... little...bones...
And I still didn't pick up on it! WTH MAN SOME OF US ARE JUST CURSED.

Look; your either an em-path or your not. If you can't read people like that? do what I do. Be aggressive and blunt. Even if you don't get it perfect every time, I've never been short... ever... of "fun".

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I haven't any facts for you. My closest guess is when a girl starts talking to you and finding excuses to talk to you more often than what you would consider usual. But then again, she could be just messing with you.

This is why I like to initiate the conversations. Guys are usually much more upfront about things.