For the older gamers (10+ years of gaming), what is your GOTD (game of the decade)?

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
If it's half as good as I expect it to be, skyrim will be my GOTD. Forgoeing that, it would probably be Halo: Combat Evolved.

Whispering Cynic

Nov 11, 2009
KotOR or the first Mass Effect. Tough decision, but I think I'll go with KotOR, since it made me fall in love with RPGs in the first place.

walrusaurus

Mar 1, 2011
Fieldy409 said:
For me? It has to be Halo CE. Halo changed my life. It made me a hardcore gamer and through getting invited to lan partys simply because i had an xbox, it made me friends for life I wouldnt have had otherwise.

The memories from that game, from a sort of camraderie with my mates and a lot of laughs, are unforgettable!
That is a good point. I made a lot of friends just from playing Halo 2 over my dorms LAN... same thing with super smash brothers.

...... its so hard....
windwaker is hands down my favorite single player game. but...

ya i'm gonna have to go with Halo. for the same reason Fieldy said. despite the fact that i've played WoW for more than half the previous decade. I think halo still wins. i think.

Rumpsteak

Nov 7, 2011
It is impossible to narrow it down to one game but three is more manageable so here we go.

Shadow of the colossus
Okami
World of Warcraft

The first two for the setting, atmosphere and gameplay and wow simply because of how long it kept me entertained.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Assassin's Creed?

Portal?

Final Fantasy X?

I can't pick. Actually I can. I think DA:O.

Tonz of Fun

Mar 29, 2011
Hmmm. Well my all time favorite is The Monster Hunter franchise starting from the first but I do have to go with what alot of other people are saying and Shadow of the Colossus is definitely on the list.

Sinspiration

Mar 7, 2010
Tossup between..
Star Ocean Till the End of Time, released 2003, which had its flaws but the story was brilliant and the variation of characters made it thoroughly enjoyable although there were many substandard voice actors mixed in with better ones.

Kingdom Hearts 2, an amazing sequel to an equally amazing game, with advancements on all previously established mechanics of the game, a touching story and many fantastic characters with incredible voice acting. Perhaps one of the most astonishingly bizarre games in creation, but rigidly satisfying. (That's what she said..!)

Armored Core: For Answer, as an AC fan, perhaps not the most hardcore, perhaps not the most skilled, believe me I know very well where I stand, I loved this game for many reasons. Masses of customization, giant mechs, big explosions, although the single player had a tendency to get dull, repetitive and very barren, online matches were exciting, although riddle with elitists or simply over-skilled players. (Not to mention the occasional Lagmodeming prick who has no raw talent available to take you on fairly. I'm looking at you HURRICANE LEO/LYNX TIGER CLAW)
Get together a bunch of friends and you can have a great laugh online.

Minecraft, for sheer ingenuity, being the first to be inspired by Infinimer and actually taking itself in an amazingly addictive direction. Although its popularity has spawned half a dozen or more absolutely drab clones that simply cannot match up to the real deal, Minecraft will remain an amazingly addictive and enjoyable tool to play with, its even so good that my two and a half year old brother, who normally screams and shouts and bangs things, will sit his ass down and watch it in silence, he loves Yogscast.
(I tried to get him to watch 'FortressCraft' and 'Total Miner' and he'd lose interest in seconds. Take that, you pathetic clones.)

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Kingdom Hearts 2.

I started replaying that masterpiece last night because the wait for Skyrim was killing me.

I forgot how magnificent it was. The combat, the boss battles, the characters, I just love it.

Crimson_Dragoon

Biologist Supreme
Jul 29, 2009
Considering its massive influence, popularity, lasting power, and just plain good game design, I'll have to say World of Warcraft. Hell, I don't even play the game and I can see that its one of the most important games of its decade.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
silenticecream said:
Shadow of the Colossus. Simply unforgettable.
Same here.

Shadow of the Colossus is also my game of the decade. It's also pretty much my most favorite game of all time.

And now that it's been re-released, more people will experience it's greatness.

The_Critic

Aug 22, 2011
Easly the best game this Decade for me was Dragon Age Origins, it's the only game in a long time that I've beaten more the 5 times in a row. However another great game thats come out that has totally immersed me is Bioshock.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
My personal favorite game? Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

The game I think is the best made? Red Dead Redemption.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Well this is a tough one. I've played a lot of good games in 10 years. I think I'm going to have to go with The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, an unforgettable experience.

Mr Nacroe

Jul 11, 2010
Puddleknock said:
Honourable mentions to Pokemon Silver, Halo and the Mass Effect games.
for me mass effect is the best game of the decade. Even though Cod 4 got me into multi player, mass effect had an incredible story line and the controlls were so easy to use.